Cyan

Heaven’s Mandate & Cold Storage Antique Items

Recommended Posts

Ozonek   

As much as I don't like the compensation policy in Blade and Soul, this is one time it's necessary.

 

You lied to us.

You didn't correct yourself.

We acted upon your lie.

We lost a lot of valuable resources because of that.

 

You're in entertainment business, not politics. Leaving the country because of retarded politicians is harder than leaving a game because of retarded publishers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This team became like a monkey cave where they read hieroglyphics off the wall and passing them as a wrong info inside this game. Seriously bunch of imbeciles playing with us. "Here, new event guys go on and do it, oh wait u cant, because we wont let you because we are retarded and we wont let you exchange old stuff for new".

 

The thing that i NEVER understood in this game/development team, is that WHY, but WHY would u sign up to do job in this game, to be part of this game and u dont even know anything about it. U dont know what players need, u dont know which item does what or anything.

 

Same like im building ships in real life, but i signed to a job where they build planes. its so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing stupid.

U guys are ignorant fools, in every single literal meaning. Bunch of fags ruining our fun, our gameplay, sabotaging us from week to week, from month to month.

 

Edited by ThisIsMadness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

 

As you have notice there’s some items that are showing up in the Sell Antique window for 1 Copper each. This is unfortunately by design and will not be changing. Due to testing complications for these items on our internal servers, and a miscommunication with the development team, we thought these items would be exchanged for their new equivalents. This was not the case as we confirmed earlier today. We apologize for the inconvenience and will make every effort to ensure this won’t happen again in the future.

 

Thank you.

Here’s the situation as I see. Cyan is the messenger. Whether or not he knew this was going to happen isn’t the issue. His post indicates that he did not. I for one will give him the benefit of doubt. No need to call him a liar as many are doing. He is the messenger and relying what was given to him to post in the forums.

 

That said, here’s what I believe truly happened, as planned by the development team. I realized this after completing Cold Storage. Frozen Feathers and Lesser Demon orbs dropped. In the past, as I found out when I returned, they did give an exchange for items that were out of date. However, this time, they knew people were farming and saving a boatload of the White Orbs and DSS, believing they would get an equal exchange or some semblance of a fair exchange.

 

However, the developers did not want to give players that chance as it would allow them to continue as they were if not to a lesser degree. This way, the developers would force the players to slow down and begin grinding again spending time and money as they did so. While NCWest was tell us what they understood was going to happen, the developers over at NCsoft purposefully withheld the truth of what was going to happen. The second sentence of Cyan lends proof of this;

This is unfortunately by design and will not be changing.”

 

And his statement of miscommunications is another way of saying, “we were not told.”

 

and a miscommunication with the development team, we thought these items would be exchanged for their new equivalents.”

 

NCsoft’s developers bloody well knew they were not going to allow that kind of exchange because it would not allow them to monetize or earn more income with the launching of ‘Treasure Trove’ or other specials they had in the Hongmoon Store.

 

This was a pre-planned calculated move on the part of ‘The Powers That Be.’ These are the people whom should feel our ire and wrath, not Cyan or any one person involved in the community representatives for NCWest.

 

NCSoft abrogated their responsibility in being transparent with their customers. They violate the trust of the player base by doing something that is underhanded as it gets. However, I’m not surprised in this action because NCsoft is renowned when it comes to things of this nature. They did so in GW2 not longer after it was launched and I’m sure everyone knows how they arbitrarily killed City of Heroes and Paragon Studios to “make room” for Guild Wars 2.

 

This is where each every one of those who posted here remarks venting at Cyan as if was responsible for this debacle. Just because he is the Community Coordinator doesn’t mean has a FLZ tattooed on his chest and Krupp armor steel skin for players to get vile and ugly with him. If anything, those who called him a liar among other things, should apologize; however, I believe Hades would freeze over before that happened.

 

You can agree or disagree with me, it matters not. However, it is how I see it as I’ve seen this before with other games. It is the developers fault they allowed the false information to continue unabated, not Cyan and his crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

Here’s the situation as I see. Cyan is the messenger. Whether or not he knew this was going to happen isn’t the issue. His post indicates that he did not. I for one will give him the benefit of doubt. No need to call him a liar as many are doing. He is the messenger and relying what was given to him to post in the forums.

 

That said, here’s what I believe truly happened, as planned by the development team. I realized this after completing Cold Storage. Frozen Feathers and Lesser Demon orbs dropped. In the past, as I found out when I returned, they did give an exchange for items that were out of date. However, this time, they knew people were farming and saving a boatload of the White Orbs and DSS, believing they would get an equal exchange or some semblance of a fair exchange.

 

However, the developers did not want to give players that chance as it would allow them to continue as they were if not to a lesser degree. This way, the developers would force the players to slow down and begin grinding again spending time and money as they did so. While NCWest was tell us what they understood was going to happen, the developers over at NCsoft purposefully withheld the truth of what was going to happen. The second sentence of Cyan lends proof of this;

This is unfortunately by design and will not be changing.”

 

And his statement of miscommunications is another way of saying, “we were not told.”

 

and a miscommunication with the development team, we thought these items would be exchanged for their new equivalents.”

 

NCsoft’s developers bloody well knew they were not going to allow that kind of exchange because it would not allow them to monetize or earn more income with the launching of ‘Treasure Trove’ or other specials they had in the Hongmoon Store.

 

This was a pre-planned calculated move on the part of ‘The Powers That Be.’ These are the people whom should feel our ire and wrath, not Cyan or any one person involved in the community representatives for NCWest.

 

NCSoft abrogated their responsibility in being transparent with their customers. They violate the trust of the player base by doing something that is underhanded as it gets. However, I’m not surprised in this action because NCsoft is renowned when it comes to things of this nature. They did so in GW2 not longer after it was launched and I’m sure everyone knows how they arbitrarily killed City of Heroes and Paragon Studios to “make room” for Guild Wars 2.

 

This is where each every one of those who posted here remarks venting at Cyan as if was responsible for this debacle. Just because he is the Community Coordinator doesn’t mean has a FLZ tattooed on his chest and Krupp armor steel skin for players to get vile and ugly with him. If anything, those who called him a liar among other things, should apologize; however, I believe Hades would freeze over before that happened.

 

You can agree or disagree with me, it matters not. However, it is how I see it as I’ve seen this before with other games. It is the developers fault they allowed the false information to continue unabated, not Cyan and his crew.

Even if this is all true, its stupid and retarded to remove this stuff from us, WHILE same time u give us those dungeons as EVENT where we need to do those same dungeons for event reward. Thats what makes this situation extremely stupid and upsetting for us players. Ok, replace items, ok make us gather new ones so we dont abuse bunch of old items, but then put this event now as a next one, so we have a chance to gather this items for cs/mandate and so we can do our event properly. As for Cyan i totally agree, he is just a puppet messenger, nothing to blame him for. But fact they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed us up, and fact that after this patch u cant even do anything except afk, is true. So however u turn it, they did bad thing after all. Like i said and ill say again, it wouldnt be problem if this event now, was the next one, and if in this event we didnt have cs/mandate to do, but since we have to do them for event, its basically a scam what they did to us. Like giving a candy to a kid, but he cant open it cause candy is in steel case or something.

 

Also, even if all this above was something "fine", there is another thing called crafting sacred oils, which also became impossible.

For oils, u cant say that they should remove old stuff and let us farm new one, because oils are needed every day, in big quantities for alot of stuff.

And thats fking stupid because there are people who have 50-100-200 crafted oils already, while some new guy has no chance of getting them now except full p2w if he needs 10-20 oils quickly.

Edited by ThisIsMadness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laneera   
10 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

It is the developers fault they allowed the false information to continue unabated, not Cyan and his crew.

This doesn't matter one bit. Whether it's Cyan personally who screwed up or the devs or maybe some random bum who happened to walk into their building and made a statement, end result is that the players were lied to and screwed out of items and gold and now don't have a way to make full use of the event. That's pretty terrible and should be fixed one way or another.

 

The fact that you can only do either CS or Mandate on any given day even if you have a static group of six people worsens matters considerably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ThisIsMadness said:

Even if this is all true, its stupid and retarded to remove this stuff from us, WHILE same time u give us those dungeons as EVENT where we need to do those same dungeons for event reward. Thats what makes this situation extremely stupid and upsetting for us players. Ok, replace items, ok make us gather new ones so we dont abuse bunch of old items, but then put this event now as a next one, so we have a chance to gather this items for cs/mandate and so we can do our event properly. As for Cyan i totally agree, he is just a puppet messenger, nothing to blame him for. But fact they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed us up, and fact that after this patch u cant even do anything except afk, is true. So however u turn it, they did bad thing after all. Like i said and ill say again, it wouldnt be problem if this event now, was the next one, and if in this event we didnt have cs/mandate to do, but since we have to do them for event, its basically a scam what they did to us. Like giving a candy to a kid, but he cant open it cause candy is in steel case or something.

 

Also, even if all this above was something "fine", there is another thing called crafting sacred oils, which also became impossible.

For oils, u cant say that they should remove old stuff and let us farm new one, because oils are needed every day, in big quantities for alot of stuff.

And thats fking stupid because there are people who have 50-100-200 crafted oils already, while some new guy has no chance of getting them now except full p2w if he needs 10-20 oils quickly.

I don't disagree with you on the outcome of this underhanded act by NCsoft. As I stated, what they did screwed over the players. The heat needs to be applied to them though. How that is possible...I cannot say unless someone has the means to share some addys that we all can communicate our disdain for their actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Laneera said:

This doesn't matter one bit. Whether it's Cyan personally who screwed up or the devs or maybe some random bum who happened to walk into their building and made a statement, end result is that the players were lied to and screwed out of items and gold and now don't have a way to make full use of the event. That's pretty terrible and should be fixed one way or another.

 

The fact that you can only do either CS or Mandate on any given day even if you have a static group of six people worsens matters considerably.

So, you would call Cyan guilty of the act as much as the developers? All because he communicated what HE was led to believe was correct? All the while NCsoft developers refused to refute or correct that information until today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

So, you would call Cyan guilty of the act as much as the developers? All because he communicated what HE was led to believe was correct? All the while NCsoft developers refused to refute or correct that information until today?

Even if he didnt believe that this was correct what they did to us, he still cant do anything. He is just bunch of flesh working for NC, and even if he wants to "fight" for players right, he would most likely get fired instantly if he pushes it too far. Question is if Cyan is even the player of this game. I dont believe tho. So he cant even know how bad or good any change  is what they make. Thats the saddest part of this game, that all the people who work for it, play something else. Thats so dumb and ironic. Betthany is a WoW player, she never had her own account on bns, but she was still in the stream together with some asian guy who also had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I dont ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing get it seriously.

When u watch Overwatch league, u have feeling that game exists since 20 years ago, when u see how theire people are commenting on league game, how smart and educated they are. Here in bns they bring whatever trash they want like; "hey wanna work for us? sit here, read from paper and say some stupid stuff to calm down players, give them cookie and turn off stream and dont worry at all if u look stupid or if u say something wrong". Just bunch of imbeciles and ignorant people. The look on theire faces when they read from paper on that stream is so sad. New guy that has ears like 2 pieces of bread is special disaster. Would be better to bring a regular player from the game to host that stream.

Edited by ThisIsMadness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laneera   
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

So, you would call Cyan guilty of the act as much as the developers? All because he communicated what HE was led to believe was correct? All the while NCsoft developers refused to refute or correct that information until today?

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that his company made a mistake and that his company needs to make it right. It doesn't matter who in the company made the mistake. It also doesn't matter who fixes it. What matters is that mistakes were made and that they need to be made right.

 

What you're saying is pointless too. Why would a Korean developer be watching an American stream just to make sure that they aren't saying something stupid? And why is it suddenly those developers' fault if a community manager says something that isn't correct? The fault lies with internal communication within NCSoft and particularly between NCSoft and NCWest. Yet, again, that doesn't change the fact that the company needs to fix the mistake they made, regardless of why it happened and who did it.

Edited by Laneera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Laneera said:

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that his company made a mistake and that his company needs to make it right. It doesn't matter who in the company made the mistake. It also doesn't matter who fixes it. What matters is that mistakes were made and that they need to be made right.

 

What you're saying is pointless too. Why would a Korean developer be watching an American stream just to make sure that they aren't saying something stupid? And why is it suddenly those developers' fault if a community manager says something that isn't correct? The fault lies with internal communication within NCSoft and particularly between NCSoft and NCWest. Yet, again, that doesn't change the fact that the company needs to fix the mistake they made, regardless of why it happened and who did it.

You do not have much experience with the Asian business culture do you? You can count on that happening to make sure that the information that was released was in fact delivered as order.

Why is it the developers fault? Do I really need to explain that to you? Who do you think controls the game's operation and development? The community coordinators? You want to lay the entire blame at Cyan's feet for doing his job, delivering information passed down from NCsoft's public relations department on the recommendation of the developers? Do you have any idea on how this truly works? Or are you just letting your passion run wild and attack anyone who has a title next to their name because they are employees? Truly you are blinded by your rage and cannot see clearly because of it.

 

The developers screwed you by allowing false information to be released, not Cyan and his crew. He is the messenger. Take a deep breath and try to reason this maturely, with your mind not your heart. Clearly you'd have Cyan fired as quick as any other employee of the company over this debacle "because someone has to pay!" Right? What's next, marching on NCWest HQ in Austin with pitchforks, axes, and rope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ThisIsMadness said:

Even if he didnt believe that this was correct what they did to us, he still cant do anything. He is just bunch of flesh working for NC, and even if he wants to "fight" for players right, he would most likely get fired instantly if he pushes it too far.

I'm only going to speak to this. The rest is speculation and hubris that distracts from the topic.

If he'd known the truth, I believe he'd said something to that fact. To those at NCsoft and NCWest. I know I would. Whether he is fighting for the players at this moment is anyone's guess. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until such time he proves otherwise.

 

However, knowing NCsoft and their SOP from my experience, it is wasted effort and time. They will not be moved. They only care about one thing, "$." The only way to make them react is to hit them where it hurts the most, their revenue. If they will not listen to the CC or take the time to find out the pulse of their players, they'd take notice if a large number of players suddenly stopped logging in and/or spending more and cancelling their premium accounts. That is what gets things in action. That is a sad fact in the reality of MMO games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nanology   

This mistake has been devastating to players. It wouldn't be such a blow if we were able to prepare for it by getting our oils crafted and use up our resets before the patch, but it's too late for that. Miscommunications happen, but offering absolutely no solution is just unacceptable. I really hope they re-think the decision to do nothing about this. At least come up with a way that we can do both dungeons daily since it is part of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is, this "mistake" or miscommunication could have easily been avoided....

 

All it would have taken is a simple test or walk through of the patch and event.  It is like they don't even bother to test their patches anymore.   

 

All they had to do is run a character through the patch to make sure everything was working.  Check off boxes to see if everything happens that was supposed to. 

 

Test antiques... did they exchange?  Nope. Then... oh no, there is something wrong here.    They would have seen the problem.  

Test the event dungeons...  Try to run them.  See that people need orbs.  Then they would have noticed, players don't have a source of orbs plentiful enough to take part in this event.  They would have seen the problem.

 

Most of the known issues from this patch could have easily been avoided if they tested before they opened the servers up.

 

A lot of companies even have test servers, where they allow players to test events and patches before they go finalize them.  Then the players report the bugs.  Bugs get fixed, Test servers get cleared out and reset.  Patches get uploaded to the public.  If The devs don't want to test, heck let us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gman   

This is just insanely sad to read. If you admit you made a mistake, you should fix it. How can we thrust NC in the future if you keep on messing things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unicorns   

I dont care if its a mistake or misscommunication or whatever. They cant just come on forums and say "its by desing and wont be changed". You screwed up, you fix it. 

And if you planned to remove this items and make them stupid hard to obtain DONT PLAN A WHOLE EVENT AROUND HM AND CS.  And give us the appropiate heads up, how many o us are stucked now not being able to craf oils? Its so damn stupid. You can get shards only through dc and weekly challenge. The damn thing doesnt even drop from HM and CS!!

Oh but of course you were nice enough to put them up in F10! And in trove.

"Testing complications", "misscommuniction" my ass... more like desperate atempt to get people to trove to be able to do dailys and participate in the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syphin   
Posted (edited)

This reminds me of the Radiant Energy issue in the past.

 

If I knew my frozen orbs would be useless come the patch, I would have used them on my characters to buy the outfit on sale. What a shame that I can't do that anymore. I also have a bunch of those other items that are useless now.

 

Why must old content rewards that were EARNED in the past be useless now? I honestly feel like the effort I put into this game now will eventually be invalidated by a change in the future and such a reality just dampens my enthusiasm to continue playing this game and supporting it...

 

Anyway thank you for letting us know Blade and Soul staff, I will exercise more caution and doubt in the future.

Edited by Syphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can only be kidding with our face is not even NCSOFT?!, how so a communication error between service teams, what lack of attention is this? and what disrespect is the one with whom you pay your bills? after all, we are players who are paying the right account! and as they apologize and will take more care so that it does not repeat itself in the future, and where our reimbursement, all the players will be harmed both in the event (since to make Heavens Mandate and Cold storage it is necessary to have the blessed Ascension Orb) as much as in the lost manufacturing items, this for lack of attention of the masters who literally "❤ ❤ ❤ ❤" for their players. The minimum that should, by obligation, be done is to compensate these lost items for lack of competition from you and extend at least a couple of weeks longer this event, given that the overwhelming majority of players will not be able to do these two dungeons quoted above for lack of the item that you "❤ ❤ ❤ ❤". Honestly, in all the updates you can do some ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ to disrupt the players and always come with mediocre "excuses" and they will always be more careful not to repeat themselves in the future ... then I ask: what a distant future is this that you no more going to do ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in this game, if every time you have update, comes together some problem !? only this time the problem was very serious, it hurt the players in many ways, if it was not enough the various problems of optimization of the game that bothers the players and the other problems with the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ of absurd latency that this game has, probably should be a lack of maintenance on the servers. We are looking forward to a positive return on this NCSOFT issue, I hope you guys will respect who pays your bills and who really have more care and attention in performing maintenance and upgrades on this great game that you're shitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oblo   

It's like they want the game to die... The more I think about it the less I understand why they would butt❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the playerbase like this. It's just really, really sad.

 

This patch could have been a glorious return to form for the game, instead it feels like the final nail in the coffin.

 

Good job NCSoft, y'all should be proud of yourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Slow Clap* Congratulations on a new low NCSoft, I just wish this would be the final nail on the coffin, but it all depends on the people who put money into it, they are the ones who call the shots in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nemises   

At least bring back the old oil transmute with demon spirit stones for one week, so ppl could use some of their materials. Pre-Patch I was able to craft 32 oils of the 84 I need, now 0. With the new calculation it will take months to gather the lesser demon spirit stones for those 32 oils... If that's all intented by the developers I wonder if they still play their own game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zai   

"Woops I cut the nerve, you'll be kinda paralysed. I apologize... no no i wont give you a coin, it's just sad"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for real? i hope you fix this and give us a trade in as promised

I farmed some of this items since beta Phase of the game... so disappointed again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jones6   

This is just sad to see no compensation is offered. It makes it hard to support the game when players are treated this way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josi15   

fix it im not up for any excuses anymore after it was already so bad with Radiant energy where i lost over 30k gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is outrageous. are you out of mind?????????????

all we are asking is keep your OWN WORDS

jonathan said we'll get equal replacement item for white orb 

and that dude in the stream said himself we'll get 10 lesser demon spirit stone for each demon spirit stone and everyone heard it

you better keep your own words or you'll lose your jobs 

cuz i'm sure bns wouldn't be existing or viable game anymore not long after this kind of stupid game management/development

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.