Jump to content
Forums

Unreal Engine 4?


Recommended Posts

It's probably not but was wondering if the unreal engine 4 update was today as well? I've been seeing online for a while now that it was probably going to be early 2019 but I don't see anything about it in the patch notes. Unless I just missed it of course. Not to worried about it if it's not but was just wondering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha lol if you dont see unreal engine 4 written in the patch notes then of course it isnt use your brain... unreal engine 4 will never come to the game cause it gets more and more p2w faster than getting the engine update, people leave the game when its p2w which means bns will get less money and wont be able to afford ue4 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, i wanna die said:

Haha lol if you dont see unreal engine 4 written in the patch notes then of course it isnt use your brain... unreal engine 4 will never come to the game cause it gets more and more p2w faster than getting the engine update, people leave the game when its p2w which means bns will get less money and wont be able to afford ue4 

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dominator said:

ue 4 will be on KR august plus, so in na/eu will be more close to December or same time

Thank you for letting me know. Was hoping it was sooner rather then later but can't be helped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, i wanna die said:

Haha lol if you dont see unreal engine 4 written in the patch notes then of course it isnt use your brain... unreal engine 4 will never come to the game cause it gets more and more p2w faster than getting the engine update, people leave the game when its p2w which means bns will get less money and wont be able to afford ue4 

What does ue 4 have anything to do with p2w?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

People are leaving because the game hardest challenge is not the content but dealing with crashed, stutters and constant ping/fps issues. Bns offers a load of free stuff and you can totally be f2p and have everything else people trove for. P2w is not an appropriate term since trove makes you win nothing over f2p people, both of the groups have access to items.

Besides, if you're actually good at the game, you make free hmc and get your trove/rng boxes with that for free. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 6 Minuten schrieb AkuNo:

People are leaving because the game hardest challenge is not the content but dealing with crashed, stutters and constant ping/fps issues. Bns offers a load of free stuff and you can totally be f2p and have everything else people trove for. P2w is not an appropriate term since trove makes you win nothing over f2p people, both of the groups have access to items.

Besides, if you're actually good at the game, you make free hmc and get your trove/rng boxes with that for free. 

Yep its not hard to get hmc with PVP since 1600 is so easy to get ok some classes need like 1630 but still easy to get they are just to lazy to learn a bit of pvp.

I used to play on an I7 4770 the game was smooth sometimes 15 FPS in raids but no stutters. Now i am forced to use an I5 2500 and i got 5 FPS + stutter in MSP while the system requirement still is shown as Core 2 duo.

 

There is no way you can get 30 FPS stable at msp stage 6 with a core 2 duo not even if you overclock it to the max. Hope the I7 9700k i just bought will give me some fps.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 24.6.2019 um 19:36 schrieb Amarathiel:

As a side note: Unreal Engine 4 is free to use by anyone. You only pay around 5% royalty fee for any profit you make past certain threshold.

Isnt UE4 completly free if the put the game in the epic game store aswell ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Isnt UE4 completly free if the put the game in the epic game store aswell ?

"Developers of commercially released games or applications will pay Epic a 5 percent royalty on gross revenue above $3,000 per product, per quarter" and the prices are completely negotiable with Epic. So depending what you negotiate you can have no royalty, if you make it an epic exclusive for say a year. all comes down to agreements made.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I saw the trailer on unreal 4, it's a huge difference.
Even if it's still not perfect, you don't recognize the game back, it's really high advancement of graphic and physik.
Hope they'll get rid of the sudden fps drops which hapens on some places for no reason, too on the new engine.

Even though the actual game was created of one of the first versions of the unreal 3. There are indeed later modiefied versions which working and looking better (see on Bioshock Infinite), I never would have thought of this.
But this is one chance to let the game be still alive- especially because they made some severe gameplay mistakes already which many players made to quit.

But PC specs will also increase up most likely, I think about 5-6gb Vram, maybe if they'll put in DX12 can be even more, depending on which resolution you are playing.

Edited by Veoh
Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: Also the UE3 is not able to calculate random weather and daytime. (Thast's why in some areas it's always raining, always sunny or always night time and else xD
(which is actually very outdated since many other much older engines already could)

The UE4 is able to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Veoh:



But PC specs will also increase up most likely, I think about 5-6gb Vram, maybe if they'll put in DX12 can be even more, depending on which resolution you are playing.

You will probably be able to lower the setting so you can play with something like a GTX 660 2GB and some I3 3xxx i dont think the specs will be as high as 1060 6GB and I7 4770. Ram will be probably like 8 Gigs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

You will probably be able to lower the setting so you can play with something like a GTX 660 2GB and some I3 3xxx i dont think the specs will be as high as 1060 6GB and I7 4770. Ram will be probably like 8 Gigs.

As I said, depending on which resolution- I'm playing on 4K, that's a bit more demanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, Amarathiel said:

As a side note: Unreal Engine 4 is free to use by anyone. You only pay around 5% royalty fee for any profit you make past certain threshold.

I don't know about the UE4 EULA but regardless of whether one has or doesn't have to pay any royalties, main cost comes from integration of the engine into the game. It's not your regular "apt-get" command (or whichever packet manager you use) to update. It's hundreds of days of development work and testing.

 

In the current situation it's really not very profitable for them to invest into UE4, to be honest. Population declines, sales indeed go down (just look at the trove announcer - it used to be almost non-stop years ago and now it's only active first 2-3 days and then you see new messages only on occasion because all whales trove out in the first days already)

 

I wouldn't expect UE4 honestly, but even if it arrives, it's not magically solving any issues. UE3 isn't a bad product, it's all about how one uses it. If they do same poor quality of implementation, UE4 could easily turn out to be worse for the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Veoh said:

EDIT: Also the UE3 is not able to calculate random weather and daytime. (Thast's why in some areas it's always raining, always sunny or always night time and else xD
(which is actually very outdated since many other much older engines already could)

The UE4 is able to do.

You can do that in UE3. It will be a performance nightmare, not to mention a serious problem with global illumination, but it can be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 3:10 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

Yep its not hard to get hmc with PVP since 1600 is so easy to get ok some classes need like 1630 but still easy to get they are just to lazy to learn a bit of pvp.

I used to play on an I7 4770 the game was smooth sometimes 15 FPS in raids but no stutters. Now i am forced to use an I5 2500 and i got 5 FPS + stutter in MSP while the system requirement still is shown as Core 2 duo.

 

There is no way you can get 30 FPS stable at msp stage 6 with a core 2 duo not even if you overclock it to the max. Hope the I7 9700k i just bought will give me some fps.

So, how is the 9700k ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...