Nerf Dg mech for TSM DST BC

Fiana

When did the attitude, that players want to be rewarded for literally zero effort, have become the default mind setting? I mean what's suggested in this thread is a playstyle mostly like hack n slays: pc on, brain off -> smash opponents for the next 2 hours while watching a movie.

People are toxic about fails in F8? Hell yes, but on the other hand I can understand them sometimes. I expect people to have experience in F8, if they go in random parties. It is a matter of politeness if you join F8 parties to offer yourself for doing certain mechanics and not being carried through. If people have no experience at all I find it impudent that they join a party without loosing a single word of not being able to do any mechanics after all. And last but not least: everyone should run unknown dungeons in a fixed party for the first few times, until the mechanics are learned. Random runs aren't learn runs in 95% of the cases.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Amarathiel sure, nerf the wipe mech is good enough for us, iam sure a lot player will start doing more high dungeon without wipe mech and not as punishing as today

wipe mech is one thing, but after doing almost 1 hours to reach last boss TSM and the after 1-2 wipe ppl start rage quit, so we have no choice to leave too... this is the most punishing moment

it'll put me in bad mood for the rest of game session,

increase my toxicity,

make me somehow raise min req for dungeon, like DD A3
kicking ppl without R9+ gear in ssm & hh, even when i can solo the entire dungeon by myself

:sick:

My 2 cents, right now in the game there are people complaining about the difficulty of things like OI and CoS as solo dungeons, I believe this is partially due to simplification if earlier dungeons.  Players get use to being carried through that they don’t realize that this game is really only about mechs when it comes to dungeons, yes dps does matter but what normally kill a group is mechs/rotation, not lack of damage with perfect mech execution.

The simplification of normal dungeons would set the wrong tone for this game, where in raids and hard modes players have to cooperate even more to achieve victory.  The normal mode should be the time to learn the mechanics for the hard modes, that won’t happen if there is no punishment for failing (and with red charms and dragon blood random death here and there wouldn’t alter much). 

A question of my own, if the rewards aren’t enough to deal with players leaving (or finding your own group as you have a TT group, so should have players who might join you), then why even run it?  You stated you would rather do ToI for the gold, so the only reason to keep running it is that there is some other value to it that you need for your gear (assuming end game gear).  Shouldn’t end game gear take some effort?

@Nihilu you can't put 12 man raid with f8 pug party in same level, to do VT or TT raid, we spend weeks to recruit and learning the mech, more than 4 hours each time raid,
12 player sat together in voice chat discussing how to perfect the mech and roles

while in f8, you spend 1-3min recruiting random player, don't have voice chat, and there are high chance they will rage quit when the mech failed :phew: iam not asking to make the mech become full braindead dps, but at least nerf the wipe mech, right now there are so many thing can go wrong and wipe party in high dungeon,

at least nerf the wipe to -> high damage attack like ST

if you give more player more chance to run the dungeon, you soon will find many player can do proper mech.. iam sure this is win win situation

you need 3 people to do tsm mech in HM so if you cant do it with 6 ppl in nm then maybe you are just trash?  (i did it with 3 ppl so i know its possible and we were all early tt gear so we had around 20 seconds before enrage timer came)  also you said that  "not all ppl are like you who want mechs in normal mode" but did you think that maybe not all people are like you who just want braindead dps?

17 minutes ago, Xiia Qingyue said:

you need 3 people to do tsm mech in HM so if you cant do it with 6 ppl in nm then maybe you are just trash?  (i did it with 3 ppl so i know its possible and we were all early tt gear so we had around 20 seconds before enrage timer came)  also you said that  "not all ppl are like you who want mechs in normal mode" but did you think that maybe not all people are like you who just want braindead dps?

yes, but hardcore player already have hard mode, why they want heavy mech in normal mode when they can just go to hard mode?

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

This is something i personally dont like. I think mechs should be forced when boss HP reaches a certain treshold and not be skipped.

How about they implement tutorials for the dungeon mechs in F12? And instead of making it a blue quest to unlock the dungeon, make it a F12 tutorial that forces people to learn the mechs and if they pass, dungeon is unlocked for them, if they fail.....they cannot go in :3

First time I totally agree with you @Grimoir

Archived