Sign in to follow this  
Backstabpuss

Remove Cerulean faction/remove factions completely

Main reasons:

1- Faction has little impact to overall story/gameplay  

2- Only 20-30% of players are Cerulean...the rest are just alts that couldnt register as Crimson

3- If Cerulean, players have harder time finding people for raids

There are more minor reasons but these three are more than enough.

Your opinons!

12 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Or make faction activities actually worth the time investment.

Considering the faction disbalance, that would make things worse.

Grimoir   

first thing they should do is make factions not linked to clan . that way everyone could be the faction they want to be and not dependant on the clan they are in. then some activities and it would be a really cool thing again like it used to be at blackwyrm times.

MCWang   

As somebody with equal number of characters on both factions, I find it far easier getting into groups on the Cerulean characters.  In fact, sometimes I will sit on a Cerulean character and switch over to a Crimson character I actually need the group on.

I am returning to this thread once again because last event is showing to me how bad things are.

I have majority of my alts as cerulean, since I wasnt able to join crimson obviously, and it takes me 5 mins to even 30 mins to make HM/CS party. On my crimson chars, it takes me anywhere between 30 sec to 2 mins.

I dont see a reason to keep this "faction" thing going considering the imbalance. It wont get better whateve you do cuz 80% of ceruleans are alts.

I suggest you do a merge or delete the factions completely.

Garlend   

I think factions have become worthless imo.

People will always stack one faction with the strongest clans/players. Seen this happen on my server.

Only way I see faction content to survive is removing faction association with players and clans. Revamping the ssp as a battleground or timed event where you have to sign up with an npc that assigns you to a faction side before battle.

Btw, isn't NA servers ceru heavy and EU servers crim heavy?

Soloniel   

I agree, factions are useless in present times where latest faction content "Skypetal Plains" can be easy clear by one person.

In my opinion, only glimpse of help for factions is add passive bonus for each faction, example 1% crit and 1% accuary for crimson and 1% hp and 1% ap for cerulean.

Another option that can help faction by ignoring it, is merge faction chat to one, combining full of trash talk crimson to silent dead cerulean.

outfits for cerulean and crimson should work same way as in example blackram and bamboo guard. This would allow you to equip both. Cerulean and Crimson outfits. Faction quests would work the same as now. Except you could choose which faction to fight for. Equip Crimson and you're free to fight Cerulean NPC, bosses and players. Equip Cerulean and you can fight Crimson. reputation system? Simple. Killing players or faction NPCs would give points just like it is now. Also you could get reputation by killing any opposing faction players. In example you could equip bamboo guard uniform and kill players with blackram uniforms for faction points. This way everyone could join the same clan and still fight for faction they want.

2 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

I am returning to this thread once again because last event is showing to me how bad things are.

I have majority of my alts as cerulean, since I wasnt able to join crimson obviously, and it takes me 5 mins to even 30 mins to make HM/CS party. On my crimson chars, it takes me anywhere between 30 sec to 2 mins.

I dont see a reason to keep this "faction" thing going considering the imbalance. It wont get better whateve you do cuz 80% of ceruleans are alts.

I suggest you do a merge or delete the factions completely.

I wouldn't base this discussion on time to gather people for parties as it just can mean people don't like you, are busy and besides that is what F8 is for. Mention you have a orb for either and instant fills 99.9% of the time.

A lot of people consider Faction old content or dead content but my clan still does it everyday. I'm not talking about the farmers in SSP either.. They killed off people doing it by removing the soulstone you could gain from the lower quests, they really killed it with the removal of the Dragon in Misty Woods. The system won't be removed anytime unless they change how we level competitive clans. Also right now on Zulia at least the faction was balanced and people were free to join Crimson. Unbalanced ? Maybe people play like I do which will switch factions for achievements, as I finished my time in Crimson for Double Agent, I've been working on and enjoying the Cerulean Order.

In my mind they need to finish the faction system, where a player could actually be the leader of the faction (probably some whale more then likely) bring back the Dragon, and maybe give us the rest of the faction zones.

Datule   

It was my idea about third faction. Idea is - here is third faction to which we kick out toxic and so players. We call them exalted ones. We put theyr chat on twitch for our entertaiment  and each week we vote on 5 people who can return or so :D

It's only EU that's mostly Crimson, Both of the NA Servers are mostly Cerulean.

I've never had any trouble joining Crimson on my characters tho, I just keep clicking crimson until i get in, Or just come back to that guy later.

There is no reason to ever go Cerulean on The EU "Jinsoyun" server.

Edited by Draknalor

I agree, there definitely needs to be some kind of revamp of the faction system.  Faction content capped at skypetal, how many updates ago was that?  Too many. 

Whether removal of the faction system is even possible, I don't know.  

I don't even really care if they do anything to the faction system per say.  

There are two things I would like to see in regards to factions though:

- an all inclusive chat channel. Keep faction chat but add a world chat channel for all factions.

- and as someone mentioned earlier, unlock clans from factions.  And revamp clans and clan crafting.

Hanuku   

I'd say they should make it so open world pvp is worth again. How? Don't ask me. I'm no dev and I'm certainly not a pvp person. But I understand that at least in the West, people really love their pvp. So instead of talking about removing factions, instead, at least those with the knowledge, start talking about how to revamp the whole thing instead. May breathe new life into the game.

Now, the removal of clans from factions and untying people from factions altogether (make the content outfit dependent like with all other minor factions) seems like a good idea. It wouldn't even change Cho's windwalk quests, since you still have to wear a faction outfit for them.

Factions need to be more worthwhile in-terms of contribution. Making faction activities and events open to all players of that faction server-wide contributing to something that, when won or participated, is rewarding would make factions more valuable, plus, it would make players actually feel like they are part of the faction itself.

Showta   

I can't remember for sure, but didnt they already say something is coming out for guilds? Like some sort of Guild vs Guild pvp...I feel like I remember hearing that. I also can't remember whether or not faction had anything to do with it. Whatever was though I believe was also met with groans of disappointment once it was realized that the new battlefield(?) wasnt going to be equalized anyway so

Whatever the case, i thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink faction is dead yeah.

Gear is way too much nowdays. WAY too much. If it's not equalized, there's no point. so any kind of faction battle maps are just useless and no mans land other than people willing to pay car payments to a video game.

Datule   

How about they make massive battlefields. Like 30v30 and equals all people's gear like on 1v1 pvp right now. Winning side gets points for which they can take some kind of rewards. Like outfits and so. Will make people more intrested in faction stuff and gear, will make it more skill depended than whale depended so that everyone can attend event. Make like 3 entries per day to each character with daily reward on faction coints or whatever (new player don't know a lot of stuff yet).

Edited by Datule