Dead game :(

darthBaal

On 6/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, MassiveEgo said:

I deliberately chose an alt, just to point out that it's pretty doable even with a weak toon. 

It would have been more pertinent if done w/a non tank class like a GS.

@Astarae

Your example is not even close being the same thing. Yes, some people may not be able to do certain things due to how their brain has developed. They still can learn, every person can learn. There is a game in Steam that specifically tries to explain and showcase this to the player called The Witness. The point is, every person is able to learn however each and every person learns in different ways and rates.

Dungeon mechanics are no where near as complicated as coding. Problem i see is these games usually have lot of crap going on all at the same time which makes in very confusing for some people as well as you need to have quite good reaction speed. Mechanics alone are not complicated but when you add to the mechanics boss attacking you and possibly other players or adds, it can get overwhelming for those who cannot focus and multitask so well. Let's take that monkey in IF for example.

Nothing in him is complicated if you understand everything there is to understand, after that it's only a matter of teaching you hands to actually do them. Unless something prevents those hands from actually doing them somehow. I mean I could recite everything that monkey can do and how everything works. That information alone helps me greatly to deal with him solo on my BD. I could even do it on my FM after enough gear to not hit enrage timer.

My point is, you can always learn it or understand it however being able to actually do it is a different matter. But let's be honest, anyone can do things such as move from point A to point B or use specific skill when boss cc bar opens or use evade skill if you clearly see something coming etc. Most mechanics work in one of those ways.

Btw you do not need hp against that monkey. You can iframe the bomb explosions which are the ones that deals most of the high damage.

Edited by Amarathiel

Am 5.6.2019 um 22:32 schrieb Astarae:

Neither is programming in assembly language -- so that should be required of everyone before they can use a computer!

What has coding to do with mechanics in a game? 

Where do we have complicated mechanics in normal mode? Raids are something different but these are raids, they should be demanding.

Blade and Soul always had mechanic and should always have, its not a Hack n' Slay game and its getting booring without mech.

Am 5.6.2019 um 22:53 schrieb Astarae:

They could have had more than 2 modes too.  They could even now -- adding back a

'classic' mode that reverts the dungeon mechs to exactly what they were when they were

released, so anyone can compare the diffs.  It would be educational, at the very least.  As

for 4 women dungeons -- I often do that today.  You just go with 4 total.   Some dungeons I'll take 1 or 2 other people.  Only remember 1 time recently when had to recruit again -- and that was when someone had dropped out (another prob going with low-level types -- they are more likely to drop out if they don't get through it the 1st or 2nd time).  You don't have to take 6.  I try to solo dungeons every once in a while.

I duo most dungeons, i even did BC with just 3 ppl in party, but thats not the point.

Before they introduced Hard-/Normal mode you had to do mechanic in every dungeon. You needed 4 people to do the mechanic in desolate tomb, Tank (2), 3l, 3r and mark to share the lighting. After they remove the 4 player party our normal mode suddenly became the new hardmode while they removed most of the mechanics in the normal mode.

They introduced Naryu Sanctum, it only took 2 or 3 month untill they removed most of the mechanic for xanos.

People dont even need to learn mechanic anymore, and when a new dungeon is released and they have to do mechanic they start crying.

Thats the point.

Am 5.6.2019 um 22:53 schrieb Astarae:

Oh, Haven't noticed that in Brood chamber, but then I'm not allowed to have the advanced equip either for various reasons (too low, too high, too whatever).

BC is realy an easy mechanics, TSM was quite more complicated before they removed the mechanic.
Is it realy that hard to block an orb, be the closest to the boss when you are mark and free the ppl who blocked first and second orb, while the fist blocker frees the third?

A gunner can be mark and free all 3 who blocked.
Is it that hard to stun the boss?
Is it that hard to be furthest away at second boss to get mark? to not jump close to the boss and other players and to stun him?
WE did BC with 3 people, you just need a bladedancer cause BD's can be mark and block at same time and free the other 2 at first boss.

It's easy to stun, knockdown, air bosses, the problem is "timing" when to apply the corresponding skill, mechanic, that is what most players struggle with, specially against bosses that runs almost all over the place, why? because most of the time f8 party's don't have tank, and whoever gets aggro runs all over the place. total chaos.  

Also, really hate those **** mechanic that throw you into air, like during the whole battle, (Sandstorm temple) it's just annoying as heck. Some classes can maneuver it, but still hit you a few times in between, losing tons of dps.

This **** mechanics... It's easy to speak of, but not really in practical for most of us (casuals). You don't have bosses pause in between battle so you could catch your breath to apply mechanic like they do in guide videos. Speaking of guides, most of them are useless, as they pause every 3-5 sec on the guide then talk about mechanic for a while, then rinse and repeat. As you watch it, it goes through one ear and out another. You need a certain ability to understand all that. Most people understand it, but majority won't, because (broken language, not clear enough, doesn't speak fluent English, speak to fast, doesn't explain well, doesn't speak same language, is an idiot through and through, many reasons) it simply goes from ear to ear and you think you get it, but when you do the actual dungeon you simply get lost within. mind blown.

Games are like math in a certain ways, if you are good at math you probably good at games, if not you get lost within. 

In raids it's worse, only applicable to whales, dedicated people, top 1%. The rest is cut out from it. Unable to join, and If you want to join you need certain requirement, achievement, which is close to impossible to achieve, unless you play from when the game was release. The majority will never be able to do it, the only options would be swiping cards, carry run or maybe get lucky and get yourself a friend to invite you, which is unlikely, it depends (at this point being a female is a plus lol) In short new players will struggle a long while doing raids.  

The game is fun when everyone can join and have fun. Good time "Misty wood" "ssp faction battle," Those are what we lack, open world boss where everyone can participate, doing quest, with worthwhile reward. Game is pretty much boring once you hit 60. Many restriction are put in place. there's nothing to do beside running f8.  

They should really do something like adding an open world red zone arena, where people can chill, show off their wallet, skills and whatnot "like a certain game "flyff" the arena is super fun.

Edited by Ishtar
  • Like 1

ok everyone, chill out... this thread is created before the nerf dungeon release

back then the mech for tsm, dst, bc is really annoying

so much instant death to player in that dungeon, that why this thread created.. after the nerf dugeon, it's become a bit easier to do the mech

:3 

1 hour ago, Ishtar said:

It's easy to stun, knockdown, air bosses, the problem is "timing" when to apply the corresponding skill, mechanic, that is what most players struggle with

I read this...then I looked at my experiences in dungeons.....na di laughed. the timing isn't the issue its people paying attention and not being lazy is.

32 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I read this...then I looked at my experiences in dungeons.....na di laughed. the timing isn't the issue its people paying attention and not being lazy is.

well, most player just want to finish daily asap without any problem, so simple mech is good enough

iam doing hard mode every now and then with my friend ssm-st

none survive in hard mode tsm dst bc lol

>_< we can clear it, its just the reward not worth the trouble

On 3/11/2019 at 7:02 AM, darthBaal said:

Fraction PvP-nerf of rewards, destroyed funny location to open PvP, like Terrors and Blackwyrm in Misty Woods, now its waste of time.

You talk about Trove and P2W but then you want to force people to use those methods when their faction cannot get those faction rewards.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:15 AM, Grimoir said:

And this is one of the biggest things people with various Attention Deficit Disorders (of various types) hear.  It's documented that people's brains who are wired differently may not have a problem paying attention -- or being lazy, but they pay attention to different things than you do.

Mainstream people often give the reason of those with different attention systems of "not trying hard enough" (or being lazy), or not paying attention.  Yet when researchers study the brain activity of people who are supposedly not pay attention or trying hard enough, they find their brain is working a huge amount more than a normal person's is -- their brain is working overtime -- vs. someone who is skilled at an activity.  In a similar way, there are differences in brain activity between males and females.  More often, when doing some tasks, male brains will intense activity in a localized region of the brain, more often on 1 side.  This is compared with a different result on most female brains where there is not as intense of a reaction in 1 region, but instead, a more defuse reaction over both hemispheres.  

Before I go further, there is considerable overlap between the sexes with as many as a third of males showing more diffuse+bi-lateral patterns and maybe a sixth of females showing a more localized reaction than other females.  So these patterns aren't strictly segmented by gender, so anytime I use short-hand notation talking about  female/male <whatevers>, realize there is overlap.  But the overlap isn't something an individual can "choose" -- it's the way their brain is already working, like right vs. left handed.  

Imagine if left handers were dominant and if you were a right-hander being told that you weren't better with your left hand because you were lazy or weren't paying attention or weren't trying hard enough.  

Knowing what we now about right vs. left handedness most of us would realize how ridiculous that statement sounded.  It's the same way with other things like how well you can memorize and repeat mechs among other things.

It really isn't a matter of lazy or not trying hard enough anymore than it is for most people to be equally good in life using their "non-dominant" hand vs. their dominant hand.

Another interesting example that is a bit harder to try -- if you think a mechanical skill is just a matter of trying, try becoming a 220 wpm typist.  If you aren't one already, you will find it very hard to practice enough -- EVER, to achieve that goal.    If you are fairly good at typing without looking on a qwerty keyboard (standard keyboard named for top left to right

6 letters), then you know you are good at typing -- so try using a dvorak keyboard -- that

was designed to speed up typing (but has the keys located in different places).  The original keyboard, designed by IBM, was designed with keys in awkward locations to slow down typing so early design typewriters wouldn't jam, yet it is still taught today as the standard because it's too hard to change, even though people could type significantly faster if they were brought up on a dvorak keyboard.  

You can find software programs that will switch your keyboard layout to dvorak.  Even if you put tape over the keys with the new positions, if you have any facility with a regular keyboard, you will quickly find yourself getting a headache trying to use the dvorak keyboard.  It's not lack of concentration, or trying, it's different wiring.