Is there an FPS issue with RTX cards ? I have low fps on high end PC

CrimsonDusk

So I uppgraded to I5-9600k + RTX 2070 + 16GB RAM and I have pathetic FPS (20 without ctrl f in mushin's tower). I used to have more FPS on i5-2500k + gtx 680.

So my question is, is there a problem with RTX cards in B&S ? If yes, any fix ?

Nothing's wrong with my CPU or card, it runs PUBG 100+ fps on ultra.

RTX card generally have porer performance in games, you can also see it on many reviews online. I believe the issue may be with the ray tracing. some of it is automatically "emulated" by your video driver even tho the game does not officially support RTX.

Check your settings, also make sure your nvidia panel is set to use your GPU, disable bluetooth, disable FTH on windows 10.

I've seen youtube videos of people with 2080 rtx cards & this person who has a 2060 https://www.twitch.tv/makethegod 

& their games look great. Have you done any of the optimization fixes? (using bnsbuddy, addons, what the poster said above, & following this guide):

)

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

RTX card generally have porer performance in games, you can also see it on many reviews online. I believe the issue may be with the ray tracing. some of it is automatically "emulated" by your video driver even tho the game does not officially support RTX.

Check your settings, also make sure your nvidia panel is set to use your GPU, disable bluetooth, disable FTH on windows 10.

you have unblocked a new achievement. "I dont know what I'm talking about"

Please equip the achievement. "I dont know what I'm talking about" so ppl know who they are dealing with.

@Grimoir literary what @Fufia said. You have no clue what you're talking about. RTX cards don't emulate ray tracing if the game doesn't have Ray tracing option in it's settings. RTX cards have poor performance with ray tracing on in games that support it, and currently only 2 or 3 games have ray tracing support. And that's only if you turn the ray tracing option on in the games settings. With ray tracing off, RTX cards outperform their previous generations counterparts.

@CrimsonDusk i too have a RTX card and have similar issue. I have done everything i could find in BnS forums to boost the performance. Even some Win 10 layout scaling (for the one recommending it - it was already 100%) setting BS. In heavily populated areas (like Mushin tower during peak online time), raids, Outlaw Island 4th boss area, i have 40-50ish fps while GPU usage sits somewhere between 40-50%. In some areas it goes up to 60-70%, but doesn't seem to be related with how many ppl are around. And i have tried with low/medium/high/max settings, always the same.

I too have a feeling that RTX cards themselves have a problem with BnS, or specifically, the RTX driver.

Just to make it clear, some of the recommendations helped a bit, but don't expect 60+ fps in areas where you currently have horrible fps.

What i have tried:

BnS buddy Multicore enhancement - helped a bit overall.

BnS buddy class animation disabling (of classes that you don't play) -  helped considerably in raids and dungeons.

Nvidia BnS profile fix - helped a bit overall.

High priority for BnS process - helped a bit overall.

Nvidia driver Physix processor to GPU - helped a bit overall.

Assigning specific cores to BnS - no changes and 1st point does it better.

Windows layout scaling setting - no changes.

Uninstalling/Disabling Bluetooth driver/device - no changes.

Might have missed some "recommended" performance fixes, but those should more or less cover it.

We are talking about your ray tracing emulation and RTX card bad performance in general statements. You owning RTX card doesn't make those statements true and the "you have no clue" still applies for those statements.

Btw, you have 70ish fps in populated areas at 1080p, 1440p or 4k?

Archived