Livestream: Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan Patch Preview Questions

Hime

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NCSOFT

Greetings,

First, thanks again for all the feedback submitted regarding the upcoming Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan update. I understand that still many questions have been left unanswered in this thread, hopefully Patch Notes available tonight will address most of your queries.

I wanted to take a moment to give an update regarding the Talisman item and specifically its upgrade cost. I understand that this may not please some of you, however as it currently stands the upgrade costs are going to remain as they were originally designed for our region of Blade & Soul. Since we are effectively releasing three upgrade tiers all at once, the total amount of material needed to go from scratch to max is indeed steep. Maxing out the newly introduced Talisman should be seen more as a long-term goal for players who have already maxed out pretty much everything else. That said, the first tiers of the upgrade (up to True Hongmoon Talisman) will not require any Pet Packs.

Another point which was raised in this thread was regarding the Custom Dreamcatcher costume set. The new collection system will require that costume set, and many of you pointed out here or on Social Media that it wasn’t fair for us to ask everyone to collect a costume that is bound to be phased out tomorrow once the Challenge Mode season is renewed. Thanks to that feedback we have made some adjustments, the Dreamcatcher costume set will be tradable using the next Challenge Mode season currency which will allow everyone to collect it even if you missed out this season. The pricing will remain the same:

• Custom Dreamcatcher: 20 Brood Challenge token
  • Custom Dreamcatcher Adornment: 10 Brood Challenge token
  • Custom Dreamcatcher Mask: 10 Brood Challenge token

The above items however won’t be added straight away tomorrow but at a later date in a future update.

Thank you for your continued support of Blade & Soul, we hope that everyone will enjoy the Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan update tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

I understand that this may not please some of you,

By "some of us" you mean almost whole community?, Reddit Full of Complains, Discord on every group people talking, complaining about it, Forums too..

1 hour ago, Youmukon said:

this may not please some of you, however as it currently stands the upgrade costs are going to remain as they were originally designed for our region of Blade & Soul.

[Everyone disliked that.]

Greetings,

First, thanks again for all the feedback submitted regarding the upcoming Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan update. I understand that still many questions have been left unanswered in this thread, hopefully Patch Notes available tonight will address most of your queries.

I wanted to take a moment to give an update regarding the Talisman item and specifically its upgrade cost. I understand that this may not please some of you, however as it currently stands the upgrade costs are going to remain as they were originally designed for our region of Blade & Soul. Since we are effectively releasing three upgrade tiers all at once, the total amount of material needed to go from scratch to max is indeed steep. Maxing out the newly introduced Talisman should be seen more as a long-term goal for players who have already maxed out pretty much everything else. That said, the first tiers of the upgrade (up to True Hongmoon Talisman) will not require any Pet Packs.

Another point which was raised in this thread was regarding the Custom Dreamcatcher costume set. The new collection system will require that costume set, and many of you pointed out here or on Social Media that it wasn’t fair for us to ask everyone to collect a costume that is bound to be phased out tomorrow once the Challenge Mode season is renewed. Thanks to that feedback we have made some adjustments, the Dreamcatcher costume set will be tradable using the next Challenge Mode season currency which will allow everyone to collect it even if you missed out this season. The pricing will remain the same:

• Custom Dreamcatcher: 20 Brood Challenge token
  • Custom Dreamcatcher Adornment: 10 Brood Challenge token
  • Custom Dreamcatcher Mask: 10 Brood Challenge token

The above items however won’t be added straight away tomorrow but at a later date in a future update.

Thank you for your continued support of Blade & Soul, we hope that everyone will enjoy the Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan update tomorrow.

Thanks for the info, yes I totally understand why you wanna use 370 pet pod for the tails man, it is from 0-max so of course it cost more, also we dont have any fail chance so I do kinda agree with what you guy do here, 370 is a lot, but hey, at less you don't have to worry about tailsman once you get it max.

I do have a question thou, after tomorrow can I still using the challenge mode token (from dreamsong) to exchange the custom dreamcatcher outfits?

Again, this communication is way much better and the stream was way much better too, keep it up.

0w0

Greetings,

First it is not  a long term upgrade, it's a cash grab. If it was a long term it could require daily tokens or anything like, 

Second, there is not long term goal in this game either you gear fast enough or you will be always one or more raids behind.

Last but not least, there is no point of hearing feedback if you are not going to follow it. It's not a "some" of players but the entire community. I'm pretty sure if you look at player statistics you will see that the majority of the players dont have gems, pet and soul maxed even the ones playing for long time, yet you put something more expensive than those an call it long term, what a joke.

So it will take 26 Orbs each upgrade for the event soul. Thats 26x5(Upgrades) = 130. We only can farm 29 per week. So 29x4(Weeks Event Duration)= 116 orbs. How are we supposed to get the soul? Did u guys really calculated F10 Orbs in?

no is not the entire community lol, and nope whoever statistic has their gear already, for example, me. I do agree that is too much, 370 pet pod is not a small number, but no one said you have to max it before next raid, and EVEN NEXT RAID come out, missing a nova is not going to be a big deal, trust me 0w0

5 minutes ago, Destii said:

So it will take 26 Orbs each upgrade for the event soul. Thats 26x5(Upgrades) = 130. We only can farm 29 per week. So 29x4(Weeks Event Duration)= 116 orbs. How are we supposed to get the soul? Did u guys really calculated F10 Orbs in?

Event will be for 28 days thats 28x3=84 + 4 weeklies with 3+3+1+1=8 tokens, but sum is 116. Was counting to up my soul on some alts I play, so I rly hope its gonna be less than 5 upgrades or some chest with rng nebula at least from event dungeon/dc

Maxing out the newly introduced Talisman should be seen more as a long-term goal for players who have already maxed out pretty much everything else

Excuse us, but could you tell how is it supposed to be a long-term upgarde if after the 1st tier its basicly useless to upgarde? You making a bad item expensive for nothing. If it would give a huge boost like soul, then maybe community could accept it. But at this state, its just an expensive almost useless piece for our new item slot.

Am i the only one thinking that i cant even take Pet Pods from events eather since there will be a new tier of soul and heart and still need to max out badges... I rather take oils.. So with this cycle talisman will never be done or even upgraded from the stage 1 that im able to get it. Goodjob Ncsoft once again you think with your wallets and most likely end up losing customers.

Basically, move aside plebs this is a whale's toy. Maxing out a new gear day 1 is something a TRUE whale can do with an easy swipe of the card. But if you wanna max out asap don't wanna spend money on it, then shut up and better start grinding your life away like the pleb you are. 

I understand why price for RU/EU/NA is higher than for other servers as there is no rng upgrade for us but why You have decided to use pet packs instead of e.g Transformation Stones/PTS/Jewels and basic materials like other servers? Also Why it doesnt require any soulstone crystals or sacred crystals. I thought we were already over from that imbalanced system and were following all 4 basic materials upgrade. It would be way better if this item costed for instance 30% less msc and ec but required thousands of ssc/sc.

how many more 'long term' items are you gonna give us ?

we already have : 8 gems, HM levels, pet and soul that are long term .....

and again its a longterm item from wich we cant farm the main upgrade mat again

atleast give us a way to farm sacred oils and pet pods  ....

1 hour ago, 898005_1452550635 said:

Basically, move aside plebs this is a whale's toy. Maxing out a new gear day 1 is something a TRUE whale can do with an easy swipe of the card. But if you wanna max out asap don't wanna spend money on it, then shut up and better start grinding your life away like the pleb you are. 

you all acting like this item is some super overpowered thing. its not. the stats arent even great....

3 hours ago, Youmukon said:

It's not "steep", it's freaking stupid, meaningless and debilitating. There is zero way to farm Pet Pods efficiently. What kind of garbage decision-making is that? Jesus christ.

Oh, unrelated but I just saw that from the patch notes:

The gold reward for some of the dungeons' daily quests has been lowered.

This has to be a freaking joke, right? The whole community has been literally complaining for years that the gold income from quests is too low, yet you decide to axe the amount of gold we get from daily quests again?

3 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Then just release one tier or two tiers? Why are you rushing it?

2 hours ago, caioc2 said:

First it is not  a long term upgrade, it's a cash grab. If it was a long term it could require daily tokens or anything like, 

Second, there is not long term goal in this game either you gear fast enough or you will be always one or more raids behind.

Last but not least, there is no point of hearing feedback if you are not going to follow it. It's not a "some" of players but the entire community. I'm pretty sure if you look at player statistics you will see that the majority of the players dont have gems, pet and soul maxed even the ones playing for long time, yet you put something more expensive than those an call it long term, what a joke.

Pet Aura actually cost more to upgrade, from awakened hongmoon pet aura to max is 448 pet pods, but the difference is that the pet aura have progressively increased in tiers (the original price is way more than 448 because of the current cost reductions). So you are incorrect in your assumption that the talisman is "more expensive than those"

1 hour ago, Destii said:

"Reaching the Brilliant Fleeting Legacy Soul will require 26 Blossom Orbs *along with gold for each evolution*" I think it is weirdly worded, i think they actually meant to have a comma separating those parts, meaning that it should be "26 Blossom Orbs, along with gold for each evolution", otherwise it makes no ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ sense

2 hours ago, Destii said:

It's 26 total. The soul costs 5g to buy and Stage 1→2 only costs 3 orbs. They were a bit unclear on their wording, but you should be able to get the soul with only 6 days of the event, or 8 if you choose not to do Candycloud.

Let's put an item into the game that costs tonloads of gold to upgrade and lets nerf the daily income? Are you guys serious? It's not like people can make thousands of golds per day from daily dungeons. I'm really starting to think its time to leave this sinking ship.

Archived