Livestream: Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan Patch Preview Questions

Hime

2 hours ago, Montair said:

90 pet packs mean you did Hongsil + RSC on 9 alts every day. That is a minimum of 3 hours/day of doing just events and we gotta do many other dungeons & raids too, so is this a good way to farm?

Further, what do you mean choosing oils over "cheap" pet packs? Oils are much cheaper than pet packs because event currency cost of pet packs is 40% of oils, whereas the market cost is 33% so it is not an ideal option to purchase pet packs over oils.

And going by the past trend not all events are this rewarding, so this way it will take around 6-7 events to farm enough pet packs!

We either need a more consistent way to farm things simultaneously or the cost needs to be more realistic.

I totally agree with you mate. People who regularly watch KR streamers will know about their really consistent farming methods like doing SSM-BC HM everyday is really worth it and not to mention the merchant of wonders has a much higher spawn chance and it even provides materials like 1000 sacred orbs for 100g, 500 moonstone crystals etc from the merchant (which is a pretty common drop btw). Also they have daily vials and pet packs from daily challenge in addition to the rewarding events. People say KR has RNG upgrades and we should be thankful, I mean I agree RNG upgrades are annoying but it's not like they have to attempt a single upgrade 100 times and spend 1million gold, there is a progression bar for every upgrade which fills up and provides a guaranteed upgrade after a few tries. Even while considering the worst RNG possible and adding the extra material costs it still wouldn't add up to the whopping 40k + gold it would require to buy 370 pet pods.

Even if people say just use events to farm pet packs it would require at least 6-7 rewarding events such as the current one being done on 9 or more characters without fail. That alone is like a year of farming cause we dont get quality events all the time. A year of farming for an item that has to be activated which gives more defensive stats than offensive I dont think so... Farming mao for the gloves and obtaining skyreach gloves was disappointing enough...

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please listen to the feedback, look at the forums. Letting this absurd talisman cost go through is literally self sabotage, everyone knows there are quotas to be met and that obviously leads to some cash grabs but I dont think anyone expected it to go this far. This is terrible comunity PR and shows how out of touch the devs seem to be. Funny thing is we will probably be stuck with this cost, and even if they decide to change it it will take a long time before they can implement it (maybe couple of patches from now).

15 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Please also note that Gilded Triangular Gems on their own will also be able to be Antiquated in order to receive Hongmoon Gem Powder back. The same applies to lower tier of gems like Octagonal or Heptagonal.

How much for each stage? This means all gems will become expired on patch day?

7 hours ago, swagsss said:

yeah but you not even need any materials like pet pack or oils in kr for the first stage its just crystals and some transtones to upgrade ofc after the first legy stage you need a bit of oils there still not neceassery to put 370 pet packs to upgrade it in and dont forget those 890 moon and elysian crystals ...kr also have daily oils and petpacks income what we not have and ofc much better gold farm ways.

You are still wrong dude, they dont have pet pod or viarls or whatever but succes rate of those items are rng, u can spend the material to upgrade 1time and get it with a lot of luck or trying 1million time and still failing.
Ok they have daily oils and pet pod but all those thing are balanced for example:
x1 Vial here cost 300g
x1 Vial in kr cost like 1250g

We get like 150/180g daily from ssm to bc and solo dng
Kr have like 30% more gold from quest

We just spend 210Vials to max the soul 63k gold
Kr: every between step are 100%, and rng for awekening ascending, true cosmic, true tiger and all the other.
So they just spend like 400k gold min to just try to make one of this step
Are u still complain and u still want to discuss the difference between KR and EU ? Let me know
Don't misunderstand, I agree that the cost of nova is freeking high, but at least we dont have the same pain of KR with rng.

6 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

If KR and TW servers are "Most P2w Server of Blade and Soul, then you should go Play Chinese Region, and you can buy Weapons and other Gear that you cannot obtain in Game, Only F10 with Cash Only. that are better Then Grand Celestial,  Chinese Region is the Definition of P2W. 

As far as i know chinese community choose to have all those feature cox they are like 99% pvp player. Might i can wrong im not 100% sure of that

2 hours ago, 896019_1452550616 said:

You are still wrong dude, they dont have pet pod or viarls or whatever but succes rate of those items are rng, u can spend the material to upgrade 1time and get it with a lot of luck or trying 1million time and still failing.
Ok they have daily oils and pet pod but all those thing are balanced for example:
x1 Vial here cost 300g
x1 Vial in kr cost like 1250g

We get like 150/180g daily from ssm to bc and solo dng
Kr have like 30% more gold from quest

Things are worst than you said, between KR and EU it's more like 1:10 gold rate
Their quests are giving so many golds that is just ridiculous, leading to price like 1250g for a vial

Which is 125g EU rate applied, stunning huh ? Too many people are taking KR as an example for everything, prices included, but we don't have the same incomes

Other than that, the Nova is just a joke for the costs, nobody will spend their pet packs on this trash PvP item until it's almost free like other regions

Better upgrade your pet et take the level 1 Nova LUL

Pro-tip for Nova fix, remove the 0 from 370 ;)

Some feedbacks for the team ? Totally unprepared, atleast 2 streams are necessary to overview this big patch

Even if you were speaking about it, it seemed like you were discovering the patch on stream like us

Too foggy on explanations, huge points were missing, you need to organize yourselves better to lead a stream

You can't go through item changes without saying 100% of the info, that leads too confusion and angriness =)

1 hour ago, Waldik said:

Things are worst than you said, between KR and EU it's more like 1:10 gold rate
Their quests are giving so many golds that is just ridiculous, leading to price like 1250g for a vial

Which is 125g EU rate applied, stunning huh ? Too many people are taking KR as an example for everything, prices included, but we don't have the same incomes

Other than that, the Nova is just a joke for the costs, nobody will spend their pet packs on this trash PvP item until it's almost free like other regions

Better upgrade your pet et take the level 1 Nova LUL

Pro-tip for Nova fix, remove the 0 from 370 ;)

Some feedbacks for the team ? Totally unprepared, atleast 2 streams are necessary to overview this big patch

Even if you were speaking about it, it seemed like you were discovering the patch on stream like us

Too foggy on explanations, huge points were missing, you need to organize yourselves better to lead a stream

You can't go through item changes without saying 100% of the info, that leads too confusion and angriness =)

Yea I agree man I was pretty frustrated after the stream it felt so incomplete and rushed. It was as if they kept an hour time limit to themselves and tried to squeeze in everything in that minor time frame. The best way I could think, off the top of my head, would be to split the patch into divisions, addressing different aspects of patch while uploading articles for the same simultaneously. Even if it's like a 20 minute stream/day addressing one major portion of the patch, it would provide much more clarity for information rather than a one hr stream trying to cram everything inside thereby creating total chaos and confusion. Hope they look into our feedback though. I would hate for this great game to die off due to just sheer negligence of customer feedback.

since we are getting the awekining patch in a few days i have a question to the team do you knew witch versoin of the awkwning we will get since a few oder versions of the awkiening a breking the balance on the battelground so that kfm ist just overpowerded since the (seret techike ) will get unlocked but over the new sytem and i want to knew if we get one of the latstet versoin of it just without act 10 and Et. couse in some erlyerbuilds of ther awkining the Kfm can more or less just spam tremor in 6vs6 what is pretty broken if i am right it got fixed in the november or febury patch in kr so that bg is getting a bit more balced when the awkwining apdate is hiting becouse i dont want that it is unplaybel with not max pvp gear + tremor spemming ist just a bit op i know that only working if you kill some one with it but with good pvp gear is the tremor dealing soem more dmg. Also i am curuus about the cost of the erlier stages of the brain/nova/stopwatch becouse that the higerstage cost are way to high mayn perpel compalind abot it but something that would be good to know ist on reddit you can find picures of the difrant cost for the complet upgarde paht ist would be niche since you were abel to show case the toatal cost the cost of the verus (tiesr)stages of the nova that we can make some feddback for ever stage so that the prices can get better adustes as if you show only the toatal cost it could be also that only the lsat 2 stagets are costing in toatal 200 pets pods and beofoer ist is far less. in my opianon you could spcify is even more as unknown-4.pngon theis picure

Since majority of players are not endgame geared yet, I want to know in advance, what will be transmute cost for every gem stage, not just endgame ones. Square to Octagonal and above. And I'm talking about Hongmoon Gem Powders + gold prices too. What will we get for "salvaging" current gems after patch. What will be new price for gems in Dragon Express? Should I spend my Hongmoon Gem Charms before or after patch? I feel like I wont know all those things before patch launch, since they wont include full info in patch notes, just words "reduced".. Please answer :tired:

From playing multiple characters I have about 900 Lovestruck Coins that I was planning to spend on Hepta Gem Charms - imho best deal for this event (2nd are Oils ofc). Soo heres the question: buy 36x octa gems before patch, salvage them after wednesday and get some additional powders + gems from this, buy them after patch (or better gems for those charms? Spend Coins for 16 Oils? Or should I just throw a coin and guess?

15 hours ago, lkx said:

@Youmukon @Hime @Cyan 

The stream on Wednesday was the worst. They did not even want to give us more details. Apparently, NC is not ready to launch awakening patch. Please go and find somebody who can actually host the live stream.

I do not know what you or your team are thinking about, but I can tell you that EVEN LOSING ONE GEM POWDER IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Those dyad gems are really expensive to get. I have 2 dyad gems now and one of them cost me 800 trove keys. 64 gem powder may cost me 2 decent gold farming days or at least 30-50 trove keys. You are so relaxed to talk about losing 64 gem powders, which made me so angry. I really hope NC west has a customer support number so I can get you on the phone and yell at you. DO NOT GIVE ME compensation BS. Compared to cost of next generation gems, compensation is nothing.

You are not stupid and you can definitely tell how in game population is dropping. Although many players are planning to come back to Blade and Soul after awakening patch is released, how many of them will stay as your loyal customers with all these bad decisions your team made? Moreover, many old players are very unhappy with some recent changes in game and some of them have left. I can totally understand that your boss may have profit expectation for you guys every month or every quarter so you are trying to make Blade and Soul more profitable. But I think you ignore the truth that if you cannot make your customers happy, you will not have their business anymore. All you guys have been doing these days is killing everybody's gaming motivation by conducting bad RNG cash events or event dungeons for low gear alts. If you can make RNG more play friendly, Blade and Soul will be in a different situation. Imagine that you bought 2000 trove key and got nothing great, would you swipe your card again next time?

To be honest, Blade and Soul is a great game which has everything I love. I love the game to death and I am willing to pay some decent amount of money to enjoy the game. But the cost for Nova is insane. If it is your development team's final decision, I will quit the game without doubt. 370 pet packs and 119 scales? You kidding me? Do you play the game? Even if I am willing to pay to upgrade gear, the cost is still ridiculous. Why do not you make it 3700 pet packs an 1190 scales so every player will spend the last penny in trove? Hope your dev team can think twice before they finalize the cost. At least, make it reasonable. Blade and Soul is a good choice, but not my only choice. You guys just cannot understand that the more players you have in game, the more money you might bring in.

I have been having a good time in BNS and it is hard for me to say goodbye. But you guys leave me no choice.

@lkx if we go with your logic, then give back the weapon matterials that we used for older upgades, baleful used to be as expensive as grand celestial now. Ncwest made a huge mistake, they gave the community compensation for gems in the past and now pay to win people crying if they getting in a bad situation. You should be happy that you at least got something back.

Am 8.3.2019 um 12:41 schrieb Youmukon:

Yes cost will be the same.

You forgot to put a credit card floating around teasing you to spend money. I swear, what was so hard to give us Taiwan costs, cause 370 pet pods, 900 moonstones and 900 elyisian is  absurd. Guess greedy companies never change. I hope they really look into this, cause this makes 0 sense. Also it wouldnt be so anoying if ... hear me out... THERE WAS AN ACTUAL WAY TO FARM THIS PET PACKS. And not events that require 3 billion tokens just for 1 pet pack, and we need 370. Thats why i even stopped upgrading my pet aura in the first place. I have every other gear component maxed out.

1 hour ago, KyubeX said:

if we go with your logic, then give back the weapon matterials that we used for older upgades, baleful used to be as expensive as grand celestial now. Ncwest made a huge mistake, they gave the community compensation for gems in the past and now pay to win people crying if they getting in a bad situation. You should be happy that you at least got something back.

What are you talking about? I know it is a long post. But please read carefully before you reply, OK?

Unfortunately, I am one of those pay-to-win players and I started playing BNS since it was released. If there were not p2w players, BNS would shut down long ago. Moreover, what made me angry is Youmukon's relaxed attitude towards losing 64 gem powders.

In the last 3 year, I spent about $ 5000 and hundreds of hours in this game, so is it wrong for me to ask for better service from them as a loyal customer? If NC cannot make me happy in the game, then they do not have my business.

1 hour ago, lkx said:

What are you talking about? I know it is a long post. But please read carefully before you reply, OK?

Unfortunately, I am one of those pay-to-win players and I started playing BNS since it was released. If there were not p2w players, BNS would shut down long ago. Moreover, what made me angry is Youmukon's relaxed attitude towards losing 64 gem powders.

In the last 3 year, I spent about $ 5000 and hundreds of hours in this game, so is it wrong for me to ask for better service from them as a loyal customer? If NC cannot make me happy in the game, then they do not have my business.

If you are playing since that long you should know it already how it works.... they will never change it. You have that much money to spend on the game, 64 gem powder is really not much..... Also understand that they have to reduce old prices to help the new players. You should know how bad is the community in F8. Low gear they wont even take you, you cant do anything in the game. By giving compenstaion they already gifting free stuff to the players. If they would just refound the cost of everything every time they change it, then that would make every item in the game cheap.  They already giving too much benefits for pay to win people. I know they have to keep them to play the game, but if they give them too much they killing the free to play players. If that happends, the game will shut down. 

There has always been shitstorms after the anouncement of expensive upgrades. Most of the time I did not agree because I thought it is an asian grind mmo. So..

But this time is different. The point is that we got more item slots. Additionally we know that there are new tiers for other items in the pipeline (soul, pet).

Cost for talisman feel as high as to push your soul to the next tier maximum. But when true cosmic was new pushing your soul from true ascending to true cosmic was more worth it.

If there is soul, pet, heart and talisman then costs of each item should be halfed compared to the time we had only soul and pet.

Costs measured in time to grind it. But you did not half the time to grind a pet pack or an oil lately (?).

Hi,

I'm posting to address a couple issues that are related to each other. Firstly is the price of the talisman and secondly is the playerbase activity.

So firstly, there is a lot of expensive upgrades that have come out that are labelled as "endgame" content. The price of the talisman, being so high, certainly qualifies it as one of these end game items. However when there's a thousand and one endgame items that are released (gc weapon upgrading very expensive, soul and pet psyches are very expensive, upgrading both badges is very expensive.) then we begin to have a problem. 

Gearing two characters is more or less out of the question now with this nova cost. It costs so much to upkeep even one character now that people who enjoy multiclassing will have to do so on a lower level. Furthermore, expecting players to grind events on multiple alts/characters for oils and pet pods (even if the event is quick and dirty) will burn players out quickly, and is generally just an un-fun way to play (game should be fun yeah?)

Players enjoy gearing, and long term players enjoy the feeling of having the max gear available to them. When the goalpost moves further and further away, players lose motivation and stop trying - they quit, and they feel relieved of the burden of trying to keep up. Furthermore, possibly the most common question for players that are either considering returning, or prospective players, is: "is blade and soul p2w?". With more and more end game items with absurd prices such as the nova, the answer more and more becomes "yes". I'm not saying make the game idiot friendly and everyone can get max gear, the matter of the fact is that these upgrades are getting overwhelming.

This is really getting ridiculous.

I think the NcWest should realise that to gear up the charachter(at least one) to a normal gear where you will be able to go to end-game content ,you need to farm events EVERYDAY FROM ALL 10 ALTS for the whole time event is available(for oils=soul) OR spend lots of money in the game.

I've been a player who would go to events and do dailies from all charachters, just because i wanted to enjoy latest content. But still i didn't have the end-game gear. And it led to - me spending almost whole day just doing events from all 10 charachters which i didn't even enjoy playing. I just wanted to play and enjoy the game ON MY MAIN, but it was impossible if you want a good gear. It felt more like work or even worse.

Now i wanted to come back due to awakening patch. And this is beyond being ridiculous. I'm more than sure you're going to be like 'oh there's new event you can get up to 50 pet pods if you spend 10 hours from all your alts doing dailies and event dungeons to get pet pods for new Nova' however we still need oils for souls from events too, and upgrading all other components. Which if we just get usual event, we won't be able to buy oils+ lots of pet pods. And soul+nova+pet need a lots of those materials. And farming all events to get a decent gear from all alts is not fun at all. What even is this?
And prices on Korean server are much fair. Where you could get oils and pet pods from doing weeklies.You could get 30 oils a month by doing it on alts. Moreover, weekly challenges as the name says are only once a week and then have cd, which means you do not need to spend that much time to gear your soul. That's why it is so easy for koreans to upgrade. Not like Eu/Na servers -  going through event dungeons and daily challenges every day from 10 chars spending lot of time on that.People cannot even gear their mains( not even speaking of alts or 2 chars at least). Even on Nova, Korean's price is alright, but Eu/Na's price is just 'funny'. Idk how else i can describe it.
But i guess you're not going to do anything with it, because as for now, you're getting enough of money and you're satisfied with it. Because 'whales' have an opportunity to spend 1k+ dollars on every treasure trove and rng boxes.
The saddest part is that many people love the game, but are not able to enjoy and play it properly due to 'nice' events where you need to spend at least 5-6 hours a day from all chars and even with that much time spent you will not have a good gear.
I personally love this game and been playing it since pirate version. Too bad it died out and more than that, too bad korean server isn't available for playing, otherwise everyone would just run away there, because they have reasonable prices where you could get your char to a good gear without putting so much effort and being left out with nothing much in the end like in Eu/Na.

I hope at least someone from community managers and even upper - management team would try to play this game normally at least once and understand how horrible it is with economy\upgrades\events\prices. It just kills the game and makes it or p2w or just a work and not enjoyable for the rest of players.

1 hour ago, KyubeX said:

If you are playing since that long you should know it already how it works.... they will never change it. You have that much money to spend on the game, 64 gem powder is really not much..... Also understand that they have to reduce old prices to help the new players. You should know how bad is the community in F8. Low gear they wont even take you, you cant do anything in the game. By giving compenstaion they already gifting free stuff to the players. If they would just refound the cost of everything every time they change it, then that would make every item in the game cheap.  They already giving too much benefits for pay to win people. I know they have to keep them to play the game, but if they give them too much they killing the free to play players. If that happends, the game will shut down. 

64 gem powder is not a lot, but it is worth like 1k gold now. Willing to pay to win does not mean I am an idiot. In theory, you can farm everything in game except raid stuffs as long as you can spend hours in BNS everyday. I just chose to save my time and pay NC. Anyway, BNS is not everything in my life. Yes, I have some money to spare in NC coins, but it has nothing to do with you and please do not judge that in your own perspective.

It will cost money to run the game and players who spend money in game are supporting this game to survive. Without those who will buy NC coins, do you think NC will run the game for f2p players only?  

I am sorry to hear about F8 situation, but I do not use F8 for random party very often except event dungeons. If you want to experience latest BNS content, gear up first please, at least reaching the dps bottom line. Latest dungeons are always prepared for geared players, not low geared players. Currently, recommended AP for HM BC is about 1260++ according to dungeon description. You can gather a 6-man party with about 1300 ap and have a try to clear that. You might make it, but it will be long and painful. 

By the way, NC did not give pay-to-win players any benefits because they paid for all of that, which is no money no honey. Too many benefits? Sounds like a joke. NOTHING IS FREE and you get what you paid for.

Just read carefully, I was not complaining that they should refund everything. I was mainly pissed off by their attitudes.

Transmutation costs for the Gems has been lowered. Transmutation costs (Hongmoon Gem Powder) below:

Pentagonal & Hexagonal: 0 Hongmoon Gem Powder

Heptagonal: 2 Hongmoon Gem Powder

Octagonal: 8 Hongmoon Gem Powder

Gilded Triangular: 32 Hongmoon Gem Powder

Gilded Square: 128 Hongmoon Gem Powder

Are we going to have ''Expired Octagonal/Heptagonal'' for gem powders we spent?

5 hours ago, Midday said:

When the goalpost moves further and further away, players lose motivation and stop trying - they quit, and they feel relieved of the burden of trying to keep up. 

This right here. Not only does this discourage new or returning players, but current players as well. With the upcoming soul/heart/pet tiers, it will seem impossible to even attain all these items in a reasonable amount of time and people will stop trying. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb AlyAclmn:

Are we going to have ''Expired Octagonal/Heptagonal'' for gem powders we spent?

You get your Gem Powder back. Gilded Triangular = 96 Gem Powder and i think it will be 24 Gem Powder for Octagonal and 6 Gem Powder for Heptagonal. You get 3/4 back from what they transmute costs are in our version. So you spend 128 Gem Powder in transmute for a Gilded Triangular and 3/4 = 96 Gem Powder what you will get back.

Just give us new date of patch release, you not gonna make it on time anyway. 3 month not enough to you introduce from December, as you sed yourself. How about heavens mandate, where orbs from, what level to enter, how connection with storyline; What gonna happen to Zaivei ruins, what gonna drop here now; Cold storage, levels, enter, Kari gonna need orb to, Your "new" 10vs10 challenge, coins, quests, how much for win what for failure, its 3 times in a day, so do quest failed or can be improved again at next hour. Daily challenge, and box from it. its content, what gonna be with it, will be just for people 1.3k AP, and SO ONE. What you doing...?

Archived