Pet collection system - hell no!

Ozonek

So the dreaded pet collection system was confirmed to be included in the 13.3 update:

For those unaware, getting different pets in your wardrobe will provide direct bonuses to your character power (tons of HP mainly, few hundred thousand in total). Since the only way to get most pets is Cash Shop, this is a new low in Blade and Soul. Until now, all important character power increases could be in some way farmed in game and you could argue the game is pay-to-progress.

Now, with this Pet Collection system we can directly buy stats in Cash Shop, not available in-game. This is the lowest, scummiest move, only seen in worst trashcan chinese MMO's and I'm surprised NCSoft went with it after backlash from other regions. Way to ruin your game.

Ha.

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/business-model-revealed/

You can buy pet from merchant of wonder in RSC, but we shall see when it comes out. Don't rush and buy any cheap pet on the market now only to find out later they don't count towards the free stats.

Maybe the stream today will showcase it. Keep an eye out.

While I'm also against the pet collection system, its not "few hundred thousand in total". More like 60k HP, 80 AP, a bit crit/crit dmg/def etc...

The 100k+ extra HP comes with the fame system, which we also get on the 13th.

the bonuses differ from toher regions also for now we will only have 3 bonus sets: for the blue penguins and the standard pets yuou get from pouches. more will come later with updates.

also how other regions get "4000 HP" we get "400 HP" so its reduced.

While I don't agree with it, Korea's going to do what Korea's going to do. NCWest can only fight off so much, they're not the ones in control. I believe they said for us it'll be reduced but even if it's not it's still kinda eh to me. You don't need those stats anyway. You can clear content without it just fine. Only thing it matters in is 6v6 and that's been p2w forever now.

7 hours ago, Ozonek said:

So the dreaded pet collection system was confirmed to be included in the 13.3 update:

For those unaware, getting different pets in your wardrobe will provide direct bonuses to your character power (tons of HP mainly, few hundred thousand in total). Since the only way to get most pets is Cash Shop, this is a new low in Blade and Soul. Until now, all important character power increases could be in some way farmed in game and you could argue the game is pay-to-progress.

Now, with this Pet Collection system we can directly buy stats in Cash Shop, not available in-game. This is the lowest, scummiest move, only seen in worst trashcan chinese MMO's and I'm surprised NCSoft went with it after backlash from other regions. Way to ruin your game.

Ha.

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/business-model-revealed/

but u can always buy them with hmcoin? so wheres the problem? no money and no gold? probably wrong game for u...

a few hundred thousand? nicu... where do i have to sign?

• NCSOFT

As a rule of thumb never assume that something present in another Region of Blade & Soul will be coming 1:1 to our version. I understand that everyone is always eager to get more information on what's coming next and we'll try to do a better job at communicating these to you beforehand. That being said it's often the case that even ourselves internally aren't 100% sure if something will make it in a Patch or if something won't be adjusted last minute. And that makes it difficult to communicate changes ahead in advance. So when we don't give information it's not because we do not want to, it's because we want to make sure it's reliable enough to be communicated.

6 hours ago, Youmukon said:

As a rule of thumb never assume that something present in another Region of Blade & Soul will be coming 1:1 to our version. I understand that everyone is always eager to get more information on what's coming next and we'll try to do a better job at communicating these to you beforehand. That being said it's often the case that even ourselves internally aren't 100% sure if something will make it in a Patch or if something won't be adjusted last minute. And that makes it difficult to communicate changes ahead in advance. So when we don't give information it's not because we do not want to, it's because we want to make sure it's reliable enough to be communicated.

I'll be honest. The person that set a deadline and forces the programmer to translate the code up to the patch day should be fire. This is the reason why the communication team members are getting blame and flame by several players from the whole player base. You clearly stated that the NA/EU internal team members are unsure about changes - what will be in the patch and what will be left out.

Here is a solution:

From what it looks like your sprint is every 4 weeks and I'm assuming you guys are using Scrum method. I hope your team are, if not the person who decided not to use this approach should be fire in all honesty. Scrum is one of the best method for implementing feature(s) because it is flexible. But back to the solution. When a sprint (with larger project it will be after multiple sprint) is over your team can wait a week or two to fully push the feature(s) to the public. Within those two weeks, all the communication team members should and know what will be on the patch. This will allow good flow of communication rather than "We don't know if that feature(s) will be in this patch or not" moment. By the way, stating something like that is very unprofessional because its clearly show the flaws in the communication among NCSoft NA/EU team members.

P.S.

When I say communication team members that include anyone that provide the player base with information, such as Community Manager, Producer, etc.

The only way it would be a "p2w" only system is if they removed all hmcoin tokens, removed F9, took them all off trove + merchant and made them all non-tradeable instantly when you got them. Otherwise there is always a way to get every pet with gold...

11 hours ago, AhComplicate said:

I'll be honest. The person that set a deadline and forces the programmer to translate the code up to the patch day should be fire. This is the reason why the communication team members are getting blame and flame by several players from the whole player base. You clearly stated that the NA/EU internal team members are unsure about changes - what will be in the patch and what will be left out.

Here is a solution:

From what it looks like your sprint is every 4 weeks and I'm assuming you guys are using Scrum method. I hope your team are, if not the person who decided not to use this approach should be fire in all honesty. Scrum is one of the best method for implementing feature(s) because it is flexible. But back to the solution. When a sprint (with larger project it will be after multiple sprint) is over your team can wait a week or two to fully push the feature(s) to the public. Within those two weeks, all the communication team members should and know what will be on the patch. This will allow good flow of communication rather than "We don't know if that feature(s) will be in this patch or not" moment. By the way, stating something like that is very unprofessional because its clearly show the flaws in the communication among NCSoft NA/EU team members.

P.S.

When I say communication team members that include anyone that provide the player base with information, such as Community Manager, Producer, etc.

Don't mean to be crass, but I mean have you seen their employee reviews?

So it all makes sense. Doesn't make it right, but it makes sense.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Bobthemonk:

The only way it would be a "p2w" only system is if they removed all hmcoin tokens, removed F9, took them all off trove + merchant and made them all non-tradeable instantly when you got them. Otherwise there is always a way to get every pet with gold...

Same way something isnt p2w if you can buy a item for 5€ or log in every day for 2 years to collect a daily token to get that item eventually?

The pets in the collection we got are around 100g on market, you can get more than that every day that you do your dailies / solo content. Meaning you can buy the collection off market easily.

Seems if they don't have you everything for free then it's p2w these days.

Its p2w because it affects gameplay and can be bought with money. Any paid for advantage is p2w. Easy enough right?

Theres a very tangible advantage in being able to max everything as opposed to having to farm yet another a few thousands of gold to gain stats. And at that cost efficency rate, its pretty much just a whalebait thing, like those pet tags, f.e. 

Can f2p get them? Theoretically.

Should they get them? Most definitively not, theres always something better to spend your gold on and you're not gonna beat the gear threadmill.

Is it meant for a f2p? Nah.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, Granger said:

Its p2w because it affects gameplay and can be bought with money. Any paid for advantage is p2w. Easy enough right?

Theres a very tangible advantage in being able to max everything as opposed to having to farm yet another a few thousands of gold to gain stats. And at that cost efficency rate, its pretty much just a whalebait thing, like those pet tags, f.e. 

Should they get them? Most definitively not, theres always something better to spend your gold on and you're not gonna beat the gear threadmill.

Everyone seems to throw around p2w everytime there's anything paid to get something a person not paying can still obtain. What pay-to-win used to mean was very simple, "paying for an item that increases your stats beyond what someone can obtain normally" IE non-tradeables that give an advantage no matter how big/small. BnS I would say is a model that you pay to boost IE "whales". Saying "can f2p get them? Theoretically." is just deceiving, it's not theoretical, an f2p person can get them just takes more time than buying them (obviously) regardless of the time it takes to get them freely vs buying them is whatever. The cash shop isn't meant for people that have 0 intention of paying the developers/publishers of a game yet (from what I can tell and aside from membership) everything in the NCoin shop is able to be bought in the HM Coin shop.

"Is it meant for a f2p? Nah." Again, deceiving....it's meant for everyone in the game otherwise things wouldn't be in the HM shop, character slots, pets, fashion etc. and instead would be NCoin only and if you want it you need to pay 500m gold to someone that spent X amount of money, instead it's, grind X hours of things you're probably gonna do anyway to get X coins to get said item while making in-game gold. If you don't have the time to grind in an MMORPG then DON'T PLAY A FLIPPIN' MMORPG!! Simple.

I came from old school MMORPGs and have been playin' em since 2000. And tbh BnS plays and feels more like what nowadays is a private server than official which is a good thing, only bad thing is drop rates are obviously set for official.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Imasin:

What pay-to-win used to mean

It doesnt matter what you call it, its plain ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing over people in the name of greed either way. Im quite frankly sick of sematics talkers who claim its possible to obtain a thing theoretically, therefore its okay. Its not any better than being unobtainable if getting it takes you so long the thing will be obsolete by then.

We're talking about literal years to get the things people swipe for  (in their sum) in a game where every 3-6 months the bar is moved further up and every other update new gear slots added. 

Its. Not. Okay.

On 3/10/2019 at 12:05 AM, Granger said:

F2p can get them....from marketplace like they been getting all the pets so far.

Archived