Sign in to follow this  
pixiecat

Salvage weapon, will this ever be a thing?

Recommended Posts

pixiecat   

Just like for max stage accessories, you get crux you use for your next accessory saving some materials.
For those that picked a weapon path in a wrong moment and it's too late to invert it would be nice to be able to salvage it in order to get some materials back (depending on the stage so no, it shouldn't be available only for max stage of course) and start to do a new weapon from scratch.
Sometimes we do wrong choices and is sad that we can't go back; or be force to redo all from the start wasting materials that for some of us non daily players are hard earned.

 

Maybe could be considered sometime in the future?

 

Yes, several events give nebulas, yes now is a joke to upgrade weapons to Aransu 9 and blah blah, please spare me this.

 

(We love NCOSFT, we bless them and their families to allow us to play for free, long live to the company, no need to rush here and defend it, no one is attacking them, no worries.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had a raven 3 weapon from some event on a smurf char and did start a new one to go the PVE way since it´s just cheaper to start a complete new one then continue on some raven stage ... they should change that for sure bcs that will demotivate new players probably since its easy to just quickly upgrade to raven and then be stuck there with PTS upgrades instead some dungeon weapon farming. either they should nerf the raven weapon costs or remove raven weapon complete since its pretty much outdated at this time. 

 

a weapon crux? nah i dont see this in any useful way. just reduce raven path or make the switching between raid and pve on all stages accesable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

I am sorry but no, for one because you keep the same weapon and keep evolving it so oyu are never at a point to salvage it.

Secondly, everyone can read and see the paths in game beforehand, if someone doesnt thats on him.

 

THey should not remove raven since it is still the superior path. Its up to the player to decide for himself which path he wants to follow. you can see each stage, the materials needed and gold costs involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
11 hours ago, TofuChicken said:

i had a raven 3 weapon from some event on a smurf char and did start a new one to go the PVE way since it´s just cheaper to start a complete new one then continue on some raven stage ...

I thought so too, but after checking the prices to upgrade to aransu 6 from baleful 1 and then raven 3, it's actually pretty much the same, the difference in price lies pretty much only on the hive queens heart and raven souls versus silver scale. But the damage boost on raven path is much more valuable than the relatively small difference in price (think it ended up being less than 200 gold difference).

 

Granted, that was checked a couple of days ago, i'm sure the difference was much more in favor for the PvE path before the PTS prices dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yndril said:

I thought so too, but after checking the prices to upgrade to aransu 6 from baleful 1 and then raven 3, it's actually pretty much the same, the difference in price lies pretty much only on the hive queens heart and raven souls versus silver scale. But the damage boost on raven path is much more valuable than the relatively small difference in price (think it ended up being less than 200 gold difference).

 

Granted, that was checked a couple of days ago, i'm sure the difference was much more in favor for the PvE path before the PTS prices dropped.

And add in that with a dawn/rift weapon you'd be lucky to be laughed at before you were kicked upon applying for a party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Yndril:

I thought so too, but after checking the prices to upgrade to aransu 6 from baleful 1 and then raven 3, it's actually pretty much the same, the difference in price lies pretty much only on the hive queens heart and raven souls versus silver scale. But the damage boost on raven path is much more valuable than the relatively small difference in price (think it ended up being less than 200 gold difference).

 

Granted, that was checked a couple of days ago, i'm sure the difference was much more in favor for the PvE path before the PTS prices dropped.

check it again its around 200 gold more per stage + more bound materials on top

 

stage 3 -> 4:  10 transformation stones worth ~80 gold 40 moonstone crystals 25 elysians on PVE path versus 1 premium transformation stone worth ~ 280 gold 50 moonstone 30 elysian crystals. 

 

thats 1 stage and i found ur 200 gold already ...

 

The damage might be more valuable for some classes but if u want to catch up its just the wrong path. And the Problem i see is more that players reach that upgrade before they rly understand the whole gearing thing in BnS due to story materials calculatet til bale/seraph 10 what might result in an early frustration since, i dont know what new players u know but, these one i see often are struggling hard with early PTS farming. even tho around 1000 gold more expensive early weapon upgrades ontop is even more frustrating if u start understanding the whole thing somewhere midst raven upgrade.

 

 

with group searching i had never had problems with any stage of PvE weapon on my smurf no matter with or without whale gems, but i might point out that im not jumping around to find a "carry group" i just look for ppl around my own gear.

 

Edited by TofuChicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pixiecat   
13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I am sorry but no, for one because you keep the same weapon and keep evolving it so oyu are never at a point to salvage it.

Secondly, everyone can read and see the paths in game beforehand, if someone doesnt thats on him.

 

THey should not remove raven since it is still the superior path. Its up to the player to decide for himself which path he wants to follow. you can see each stage, the materials needed and gold costs involved.

Aww you are so cute Grimoir, I really hope that now that Liinxy is gone they will give you her place, you really deserve it after polishing their shoes 3,487 times already.
Support allows one time exception to revert weapon when they do changes and you have been lucky enough to upgrade less than a month (or so) around the time they announce a reducing cost of weapon upgrade. It means that it's not something so odd to ask, just decide yourself when you can do it, it's removing them the power, I do understand why it irks you.

Anyone can read BEFORE they change it and it's too late for you to change it so we are not some kind of Neanderthals that are not able to read. If I am telling this there is a real reason, not because I wasn't able to read BEFORE upgrading and this issue was already reported in more than one post but you keep repeating the same answer over and over without even reading other players answers where they got a point.
 

3 hours ago, Yndril said:

I thought so too, but after checking the prices to upgrade to aransu 6 from baleful 1 and then raven 3, it's actually pretty much the same, the difference in price lies pretty much only on the hive queens heart and raven souls versus silver scale. But the damage boost on raven path is much more valuable than the relatively small difference in price (think it ended up being less than 200 gold difference).

 

Granted, that was checked a couple of days ago, i'm sure the difference was much more in favor for the PvE path before the PTS prices dropped.

Hmm excuse me?

w7SBFfm.jpg

 

Am I missing something?

 

3 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

And add in that with a dawn/rift weapon you'd be lucky to be laughed at before you were kicked upon applying for a party.

You don't sit on dawn/rift, you use it to go Aransu.

 

Please guys. Really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, pixiecat said:

Aww you are so cute Grimoir, I really hope that now that Liinxy is gone they will give you her place, you really deserve it after polishing their shoes 3,487 times already.
Support allows one time exception to revert weapon when they do changes and you have been lucky enough to upgrade less than a month (or so) around the time they announce a reducing cost of weapon upgrade. It means that it's not something so odd to ask, just decide yourself when you can do it, it's removing them the power, I do understand why it irks you.

Anyone can read BEFORE they change it and it's too late for you to change it so we are not some kind of Neanderthals that are not able to read. If I am telling this there is a real reason, not because I wasn't able to read BEFORE upgrading and this issue was already reported in more than one post but you keep repeating the same answer over and over without even reading other players answers where they got a point.

The fact that you are now "stuck" at raven is your own fault. Its pretty simple. You wanted that raven so badly, you got it.

The point of an alternative path is to allow players to get to the same raid stage but by omitting doing farming raids. Normally the laternative path should not be cheaper than the raid path, just use alternative materials but overall costs should be equal.

 

the fact that now the alternative path got somewhat cheaper is due to content shifting. Personally they should not do it the way they did now, and reduce both paths, but keep the price / cost upgrade equal. For example, if they recude the costs by 1 PTs, they should balance it out by increasing other materials needed.

 

In the end it all comes down to "how badly you want it"...then you get people that rush to get that aransu 3 because hey its aransu, and then they are stuck there while others upgrade cheaper with the other path, but that is not a game issue thats a greed issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pixiecat   
59 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The fact that you are now "stuck" at raven is your own fault. Its pretty simple. You wanted that raven so badly, you got it.

The point of an alternative path is to allow players to get to the same raid stage but by omitting doing farming raids. Normally the laternative path should not be cheaper than the raid path, just use alternative materials but overall costs should be equal.

the fact that now the alternative path got somewhat cheaper is due to content shifting. Personally they should not do it the way they did now, and reduce both paths, but keep the price / cost upgrade equal. For example, if they recude the costs by 1 PTs, they should balance it out by increasing other materials needed.

In the end it all comes down to "how badly you want it"...then you get people that rush to get that aransu 3 because hey its aransu, and then they are stuck there while others upgrade cheaper with the other path, but that is not a game issue thats a greed issue.

No it's not. It's not being greedy, it's being unlucky with the timing. Support doesn't revert you something after a little more than a month from your upgrade date (at least not for all) and if you were not around to know it just in time you are screwed. And if you are asking a revert around their announcements means that you have waited way too much to upgrade.

/sarcasm

It simply means that you need to take this game as a job and you can't take a vacation after a year of work, study for an exam or whatever.
Everyday players are rewarded and those that do have things to do in RL are not and don't deserve it? Sure, it's a fact, our bad that we have a life and we dare to say something about this game.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I am not saying that game must change because of people's real life, not at all. I already see that coming, I would never dare to even think something like that.
One should log in everyday or just shut up and take it with no complains.
I always forget that here, like everywhere else, there are A class players and B class losers. People must be treated differently, you are right.
And players must suffer.

I wonder why NCSOFT is so kind and actually make reduction costs. Not only for a very, very old weapon. And they even say "we want our players upgrade fast" in their stream. Such fools. They should whip us everyday and make us suffer instead of playing and have fun.
/end sarcasm
I take it back, you as community manager would be the end of BnS. You better go on being the official debunker of the forum. I hope they pay you somehow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
15 hours ago, pixiecat said:

No it's not. It's not being greedy, it's being unlucky with the timing. Support doesn't revert you something after a little more than a month from your upgrade date (at least not for all) and if you were not around to know it just in time you are screwed. And if you are asking a revert around their announcements means that you have waited way too much to upgrade.

/sarcasm

It simply means that you need to take this game as a job and you can't take a vacation after a year of work, study for an exam or whatever.
Everyday players are rewarded and those that do have things to do in RL are not and don't deserve it? Sure, it's a fact, our bad that we have a life and we dare to say something about this game.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I am not saying that game must change because of people's real life, not at all. I already see that coming, I would never dare to even think something like that.
One should log in everyday or just shut up and take it with no complains.
I always forget that here, like everywhere else, there are A class players and B class losers. People must be treated differently, you are right.
And players must suffer.

I wonder why NCSOFT is so kind and actually make reduction costs. Not only for a very, very old weapon. And they even say "we want our players upgrade fast" in their stream. Such fools. They should whip us everyday and make us suffer instead of playing and have fun.
/end sarcasm
I take it back, you as community manager would be the end of BnS. You better go on being the official debunker of the forum. I hope they pay you somehow.

 

This game is not a job, its a standard MMO where you need to grind to achieve certain things.

And its perfectly logical that dedicated players are rewarded. they are playing the game afterall, it would be completely unfair if people that took break could be at the same stage as someone who farms daily...it would mean they would be better of not playing for a month and come back and be higher then they would be with a grind.

 

If you want to go ahead and divide players into better or worse go ahead....but thats your thinking not mine. They are making reduction costs to allow new players to catch up faster. Soon raven stage 1 will be the standard weapon instead of baleful the more content moves forward.

I could see if being raven 3 rendered you completely unable to play the game, but it doesnt. You can still upgrade without issues it will just need a bit more materials thats all. If you dont like it make a new weapon from scratch. A level 55 character finishing the story already gets enough materials for baleful 12  / even dawnforge/rift stage 3.

 

and its like you said, the game should not change to adapt to people not having time to play and having to take a break, but if you look at it thats what you are asking for because you had to stop playing and now are with raven 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this