Liinxy

Farewell Blade & Soul!

Rmccn08   

Nah nah nah nah 

Nah nah nah nah 

Hey hey hey 

GOODBYEEEEE

I've seen the reddit being a ****** of emotions so I'll post there.

I am not going to lie, that all the experiences I had watching Liinxy on the different preview streams still let me a little poor taste in my mouth. I'm only going to say one thing about it : it just didn't feel like Liinxy actually enjoyed the streaming that much, always had a feeling of "I'm not liking the game so much" coming from her. I don't know it felt, "forced" ? There can be multiple reasons, so it's not really the problem, it is just what it is.

This isn't really an opinion, this is simply a feeling, I might be wrong after all. 

Thus said, thanks for going through these years with us all o/

Good luck for your future (gaming ?) projects :3

Baal13   

Blessings and happiness my best wishes are with you and i am sorry to see you guys go it wont be the same without you . You helped build loyalty and friendships just with your positive attitudes in whatever media you chat'ed on or streamed . Thank you ~Rev.Shen <3 

It's so sad to see you go. I hope that wherever you go next, it is amazing. We'll all miss you T-T

21 hours ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

I've seen the reddit being a ****** of emotions so I'll post there.

I am not going to lie, that all the experiences I had watching Liinxy on the different preview streams still let me a little poor taste in my mouth. I'm only going to say one thing about it : it just didn't feel like Liinxy actually enjoyed the streaming that much, always had a feeling of "I'm not liking the game so much" coming from her. I don't know it felt, "forced" ? There can be multiple reasons, so it's not really the problem, it is just what it is.

This isn't really an opinion, this is simply a feeling, I might be wrong after all. 

Thus said, thanks for going through these years with us all o/

Good luck for your future (gaming ?) projects :3

Or maybe, JUST maybe she didn't like doing the BnS streams because of all the sexist comments she'd receive in chat EVERY time.  It's the same tasteless crap that you see in faction/region chat in game.. BnS is full of toxic players so of course BnS streams are going to have some of those same people spreading their toxicity there.

MCOnyx   

Thank you for all the work and wish you success at your next employment.

4 hours ago, Mezzoluna said:

Or maybe, JUST maybe she didn't like doing the BnS streams because of all the sexist comments she'd receive in chat EVERY time.  It's the same tasteless crap that you see in faction/region chat in game.. BnS is full of toxic players so of course BnS streams are going to have some of those same people spreading their toxicity there.

I don't know, what I mostly see on the few times I check the chat is the usual "p2w". It's streaming, they talk, I only need to listen and watch the screen, not some wannabe chat. I know it's CM 's job to check it out to answer potential questions but when the chat doesn't seems to have an actual moderation or whatsover, this isn't really doable nor worth the effort, in my opinion.

It's also about toughing up. I know sh*t comments isn't the nicest, I have been victim of that as well but turning around this pot at this point isn't making things going forward as well.

I also know Reddit was a ***** due to that news, she left so just drop it off already. Some made funny "memes" (the sailormoon based one didn't bother me much) but some other did took things too far.

Now let's not really always put the blame on the sexist comments shall we ? Not that I don't condemn them, but as a CM of a game company, you can be sure she was much more safe than any random female players which can potentially have it way worse. 

Here's an exemple : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8xWkT72t-NV3-DOB9gKJeQ

While some others female have it less frustrating as they are streamers with good relation toward certain people of the game company.

Showta   
43 minutes ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

Now let's not really always put the blame on the sexist comments shall we ? Not that I don't condemn them, but as a CM of a game company, you can be sure she was much more safe than any random female players which can potentially have it way worse.

Oh no, she always had it pretty bad. I've been here since beta and I've seen ugly little boys constantly being rude in the streams, on reddit, on twitter, and even sometimes here and what I mean by rude isnt "oh wah wah they were giving her constructive criticism about her job" No, they were always picking at her for reasons I don't even want to bring up because I think it's a bit distasteful in what's supposed to be a friendly goodbye thread. I'd ignore it altogether but I'm not going to sit up here and let anyone pretend people werent being awful to her from the start.

To be honest, if I were her I would have quit way sooner lmao. The way people treat each other in this game has had me debating quitting all the time-I take months breaks at a time because people just act like they have no kind of sense. They really act 10 kinds of stupid online when you know for a fact in person they'd get all meek and shy. The BnS population has had a problem with acting like they know everything at all times and are the star and hero of their own anime show from the beginning, having absolutely no regard for the things they say or how they treat others-all along now! The only reason it's so noticeable right now is because it's all at once, but they've been acting like this all along now. Nothing they're posting is new-the video of them being foul on her twitch is a year old. They've been hurling every insult under the sun at her all along.

I can understand not liking the way someone does their job, oh honey that's fine. Express concern all you need!

But the moment it crosses into name calling, everything you had to say is void. And people act like flat-out disrespecting someone cursing at them calling them stupid for forgetting a key is the same thing as expressing concern. Yeah sweetie, go express concern like that at your job, see how that goes over. Talk to your parents like that then, lets see how fast you get written out of that will.

Anyway so they can continue being ugly showing their true colors scaring women away from them keeping a firm tight grip on that chastity belt all they'd like. She's free now and they can move onto the next target, continuing to spit on every CM they encounter with unwarranted personal attacks and then playing victim and claiming that it was only because they love the game so much. lmao!

Posted (edited)

@Showta That's the reason why it got too far. I am not going in denial about multiple "witnesses" saying that Bethany did a poor job as a Community Manager but as you said, the limit has been crossed when we've got to the namecalling.

And my point was that being an employee of NC Soft itself, Bethany doubtly was in a constant sexist fight or else things would have been heavy already. I'm not talking about a typical kid throwing an insult every stream, but more of a ruthless spam of sexism thrown at her, I haven't seen this during all the time I've played the game.

Doesn't mean this kind of behavior has to be cautioned, I am just telling people how some girls have it even harder than Bethany. (some probably even commited suicide due to that kind of harassement)

As I said previously, that sailor-moon based meme was fine, then there was the few others that was just adding fuel into the fire. Her remark about "not missing reddit" at all was taken furiously by people overall, mostly because about 'ego' I suppose but some really felt anger due to the relation NC soft - reddit which is, let's not lie, absolutely poor.

Now I know 'official' stuff should be on forums but checking reddit once in a while isn't so bad, especially since the community is alas more active there than on the forums. 

Right now to be honest, it's just.. done. Bethany left, and wishes for her luck and success wherever she goes work next. She doesn't look like a bad person and as I said on my first comment, there can be multiple reasons for what I felt through her, a person seemingly not enjoying the game during the streams. (which doesn't mean was her own fault)

Dont get me started on the community, I just need to check faction chat + F8 to know what's going on. I'm not giving a point to Bethany for her job as CM, but I'm not giving a point either to the community on how most handled that news of her quitting the CM job.

But now it's better if people would focus on what's left with a response from NC Soft itself on how the Blade and Soul staff is going because at the moment losing the whole "streaming crew" just makes people wonder about the future of this game, which is understandable.

Peace o/

Edited by Lyn Thunderfox

Best wishes to you and your journey in life. This makes me both sad and concerned to see both of you leave. Last time i experienced this was with Tera and when the familiar faces left there, it really went down hill. I pray this isnt going to be the case here. 

oh my... BnS is not going to be the same without you, we will all miss you </3
I wish you the best in your new proyects and path and thanks for being awesome ¡¡

See you then in Earthen Realm

Kekc4E   

Hello.
I am few weeks new to this game and since im a painter i noticed the loading screens in-game art and i started to wonder if its possible for an artist's work to be featured in the loading screens ?

Im hoping any of you here has got information to share. I didn't know where else to post. Excuse me if this is inappropriate.

artstation.com/saysh just in case someone want's to check me.

Aurinya   
vor 31 Minuten schrieb Kekc4E:

Hello.
I am few weeks new to this game and since im a painter i noticed the loading screens in-game art and i started to wonder if its possible for an artist's work to be featured in the loading screens ?

Im hoping any of you here has got information to share. I didn't know where else to post. Excuse me if this is inappropriate.

Greetings!

Some of the featured art in our loading screens actually comes from artists who participated in our Loading Screen Contests. You might want to stay on the lookout for a future participation! To give you an idea, here is a look back at the one from last year:

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/the-2018-loading-screen-art-contest-winners/

Enjoy!

32 minutes ago, Kekc4E said:

Hello.

In fact you can get your artistry featured as a load screen.  NC has contests and the winner's art has been used.  Outfit designs as well.  Keep an eye out for when the next one will happen.

Pimboli   
On 3/2/2019 at 3:00 AM, Liinxy said:

Hello Friends,

After three wonderful years since I joined the Blade & Soul team, today marks the day that I complete this quest and pursue another opportunity for my next adventure.

Saying this is not easy for me, I absolutely adore all of you and have enjoyed the journey we’ve been on together. From the excitement of the alpha and beta, to the party that was completely full of people wanting to celebrate the anticipated launch. From the overflowing amounts of fan art from talented artists, to shoving peaches in Jonathan’s face and getting my finger bit in the process, for the glory of winning and for your entertainment. ^_~ From showing you the exciting new content that’s to come on livestreams, to cheering our esports players on with each tournament. I would not have these memories without you.

Thank you all so much for being a part of my life and I will truly miss being your advocate: you know where to find me if you’d like to keep in touch!

See you in the Earthen Realm,

<3

Bethany “Liinxy” Stout

You & Johnathan will be missed, your cuteness and cheerfulness were a breath of fresh air. You brought nothing but great / positive things to the community.

Thank you for your presence & work. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors. <3