This game really needs to have vote-kick online players back

Kozuki

I saw an afk player today in Hongsil's Workshop.

I saw a player ragequitting cuz he did not want to offer the afker free carry.

Meanwhile, like most parties that had afkers, they decided to ignore it and continued to finish dungeons. Cuz they did not want to spend time going through loading screens, or the boss was already half-die and it was a chore to redo it. It certainly made it slower for them, but it was not like quitting half-way rewards them anything.

Meanwhile, the afker just waiting patiently for his reward without inputting any effort. Even if the party all ragequit, he could just LFG into another dungeon until an impatient decided to ignore him and just gave him free carry.

Reporting afkers, I did a few. But considering I saw the same guy continuing afking with his characters (you only need to know his account name to know other characters) a day later, I assume Support Team either neglected it, or their punishment was not heavy enough. Or their tools cannot detect afkers, cuz some afkers can also just jump down, and auto-fire LMB to make them look like they are moving. Of course, for Workshop boss where you have to deal damage with tools, their DPS contribution is nothing.

Players being impatient and just wanting to get the event done and ignoring afkers, afkers preying on such mindset, and not strong enough sanction against afkers. All of these make afkers just continue to survive and leech people's efforts. Nothing stops them. Not only this event, but also in normal dungeons. A lone baleful 7 LFG into a A9+ party that is trying to get their friends in, and refuse to leave until everyone quits. Obviously, he is a deadweight no matter what: not have the DPS, not help in mech, and cause party disband.

This is why vote-kick online players are valuable in such cases. When the company cannot handle all the punishment, it is better to let players to do it themselves.

I read about some arguments that people will abuse vote-kick online. Something about people will vote kick you when it is loot time. Negative. If any group ever try that, they paint their name black and will struggle greatly if they ever try to join another party. Especially their alts, cuz you only need to know their name, you will know their account name, thus you know all of their alt's names. This is also a bad behavior and can be reported to Support Team.

Plus, you need FIVE people all agreeing on the vote kick. This means that if it is a clan run and you LFG into their party when they try to get their friend in, expecting to be kicked cuz they don't want you. If it is F8 runs, people need to have very strong negative opinion on you so that all FIVE people decides just to kick you. You are either too low-gear for their taste, try to afk and leech, or too toxic, or trying to upbid what you don't need cuz you want more gold etc. If you ever do these to other people, being vote-kicked is what you deserve.

13 minutes ago, Sherry Kaizer said:

The game arleady have vote kick system implented.
So this thread is pointless O.o

Sherry, on F8 can you tell me how to do it? Because i've also dealt with many Afk's and I couldn't find a way to vote kick.

41 minutes ago, Kanukinhaw said:

Sherry, on F8 can you tell me how to do it? Because i've also dealt with many Afk's and I couldn't find a way to vote kick.

Don't pay attention, it's bullshit. On EU there is no a system to kick online player.

This idea is good but i feel like it would do more harm than good since players would abuse this. Lets say you get a new guy in the dungeon who knows mechs but never practiced them in the actual dungeon before enough to get it right.. obviously no party would like to try a few times until that player learns and just kick him cause they want it fast. 

As much as i hate afkiers and as one of those who leaves groups just because i dont wish to feed a lazy player when I actually do effort, I have to say I disagree with your solution. There are many ways this can be abused by whales who only want fast runs.  It would basically screw over alts and new players alike as people would kick players with not so endgame gear.  

I feel your pain, I do, but this is a bad idea.  Best thing to do is report those accounts via a GM ticket.

Plenty of people have been requesting vote kick since launch. There are ample ways to minimize abuse by a kick feature. A time delay before you can initiate a kick (allowing slow loaders in). A majority rules (so one leader doesn't have absolute power). No kicking after the boss is engaged or while loot is up to auction (to prevent loot stealing). All of these things have been suggested before.

A well-designed system would not favor whales or anyone else. It would create accountability in an unfortunately toxic community. To fear abuse is a bit absurd when you are currently accepting a system that is already being abused daily.

In my well-over-a-decade of playing MMORPGs (both with and without vote kick systems), I can only recall one time where I was unfairly kicked after entering a dungeon. Now ask me how many bots, afks, jerks, and leeches I have carried. Probably hundreds.

There will always be the possibility of abuse with a vote kick system, and it will suck when it happens. But if it is well-designed, it should be RARE. Whereas, in the current system, abuse is rampant.

There is absolutely no reason not to have a vote kick system. Unless of course you know you're one of the people who deserves to get kicked.

56 minutes ago, Nico2106 said:

So...what is your solution?

make SOLO EVENT DUNGEON, no need for 6 man party or any crap like that
if you want make 6 man event dungeon, do it properly like DG RSC now

but for simple hongsil dg, just make it solo dg, no need for party

or you can SS the afk post it on reddit, make tons of people report it, if they not ban him
spam thread on this forum till the end of time

2 hours ago, Unya said:

There is absolutely no reason not to have a vote kick system. Unless of course you know you're one of the people who deserves to get kicked.

Ask the people you see daily in faction chat complaining they got kicked after stage 2 msp because the leader decided they want someone else.

11 hours ago, Kozuki said:

they decided to ignore it and continued to finish dungeons. Cuz they did not want to spend time going through loading screens, or the boss was already half-die a

do not start too fast if  one SEEMS to afk for some reasons for about 40 sec, you must leave the party and look for a different squad,  if you stay, you are to breed afkers more,

it is very easy to find a party less than 1 min  + 1.5 min loading screens.

when you join it in progross,  if #1  or #2 is afking by death at early stage, this is most likely  a trap made by the same person with two pc's. you must leave

if #3 or #4 #5 #6 is afking by death at boos with 70% life left, you must leave the party, and write down who did it and check if this player does it again to verify

write down who afk, tell people.

Sounds like Grimoir is the biggest opposition of this vote to kick option to be added wonder why?

Most of these players/bots that afk in F8 are gold farmer that sells gold in illegal sites. You can see their gears are all the same. Solak soul doesnt even bother to complete the storyline :P and some just feels lazy and abuse the (no one can do anything about it if i AFK). Time for a change.

12 hours ago, Unya said:

Plenty of people have been requesting vote kick since launch. There are ample ways to minimize abuse by a kick feature. A time delay before you can initiate a kick (allowing slow loaders in). A majority rules (so one leader doesn't have absolute power). No kicking after the boss is engaged or while loot is up to auction (to prevent loot stealing). All of these things have been suggested before.

A well-designed system would not favor whales or anyone else. It would create accountability in an unfortunately toxic community. To fear abuse is a bit absurd when you are currently accepting a system that is already being abused daily.

In my well-over-a-decade of playing MMORPGs (both with and without vote kick systems), I can only recall one time where I was unfairly kicked after entering a dungeon. Now ask me how many bots, afks, jerks, and leeches I have carried. Probably hundreds.

There will always be the possibility of abuse with a vote kick system, and it will suck when it happens. But if it is well-designed, it should be RARE. Whereas, in the current system, abuse is rampant.

This one actually makes sense to implement.

Imagine the tickets of afk players being reported will be cut down. and you protect your revenue from gold farming leeches.

This age old topic? I still find it amusing how people keep arguing how a vote kick option would just be a negative thing that everyone and their mothers would abuse like crazy... most other MMOs have this feature and it is very rarely abused, and the few cases that are abused are much more easily detected than the current abusers, being leechers and AFKers... i don't see the problem?

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Ask the people you see daily in faction chat complaining they got kicked after stage 2 msp because the leader decided they want someone else.

Funny, i rarely see anyone complaining, most people i do see complaining are known toxic people, people with no gear at all or people who just AFK between boss stages because they don't want to help, last being the most common offender.

We already see abuse in AFK players/leeches its time something is done about this. Rather than players reporting and wasting time on someone that will or will not be punished for.

Address this issue before the new awakening patch hits which give away lvl 60 vouchers to leechers :P

20 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I have run MSP many times across 4 chars, back in the old days of MSP and now the new updated version, and I have literally never seen this happen. I'm sure it is possible, but it sounds like a surefire way to guarantee no one ever joins your recruitment in the future.

I have only ever seen people kicked for either starting the boss without everyone being ready or for afking at boss spawn. Honestly, I see far too few people getting kicked. Usually it's the leader himself who is afking at spawn, precisely because he knows he can't get kicked. I personally love joining groups with a leader who recruits saying "no afk" and enforces it. It goes a lot faster when half of us aren't having to do all the tedious work.

Again, for me this comes down to math. How many times have you been unfairly kicked from a group versus how many times have you been stuck in a group with someone who should have been kicked? Whichever number is bigger shows you which is the bigger problem, and I know which category that has been for me.

10 hours ago, Unya said:

I have run MSP many times across 4 chars, back in the old days of MSP and now the new updated version, and I have literally never seen this happen. I'm sure it is possible, but it sounds like a surefire way to guarantee no one ever joins your recruitment in the future.

I have only ever seen people kicked for either starting the boss without everyone being ready or for afking at boss spawn. Honestly, I see far too few people getting kicked. Usually it's the leader himself who is afking at spawn, precisely because he knows he can't get kicked. I personally love joining groups with a leader who recruits saying "no afk" and enforces it. It goes a lot faster when half of us aren't having to do all the tedious work.

Again, for me this comes down to math. How many times have you been unfairly kicked from a group versus how many times have you been stuck in a group with someone who should have been kicked? Whichever number is bigger shows you which is the bigger problem, and I know which category that has been for me.

Then you need to pay more attention. Several times people complain they got kicked because someone decided to give the spot to a clan member or a friend despire the person helping throughout the boss fight and the in-between. This is what i mean with heavily abused.

No, absolutely not. Tired of explaining why this is a bad idea, use your critical thinking skills.

You think people are toxic right now? You think that's bad right now?? That's whats hurting your feelings??

Yeah wait until they cave in and put back vote kick option and you get kicked when something good drops which was a huge problem in the past. I'm sorry but the playerbase is awful. You people treat each other like trash. People would be kicked left and right after certain bosses died or loot dropped so people could get items to their friends/get people free carries/etc. You can handle one person being afk, and if you can't then just leave the party. 

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Then you need to pay more attention. Several times people complain they got kicked because someone decided to give the spot to a clan member or a friend despire the person helping throughout the boss fight and the in-between. This is what i mean with heavily abused.

you said several. I doubt that is abuse :P

1 hour ago, Showta said:

No, absolutely not. Tired of explaining why this is a bad idea, use your critical thinking skills.

You think people are toxic right now? You think that's bad right now?? That's whats hurting your feelings??

Yeah wait until they cave in and put back vote kick option and you get kicked when something good drops which was a huge problem in the past. I'm sorry but the playerbase is awful. You people treat each other like trash. People would be kicked left and right after certain bosses died or loot dropped so people could get items to their friends/get people free carries/etc. You can handle one person being afk, and if you can't then just leave the party. 

VK option is not available during loot auction. (you cant even VK offline during loot auction).

1 hour ago, pikapikapika said:

China has vote kick implented.  worked like a charm.  no more free loader.  never a drama.

There we go some good news.

+1 on VK option too much leeches in SSM and Event dgs. more income with the free lv60 vouchers. Can't report/block em all.

Tbh there would be no way to stop someone from kicking you so you can’t get loot. If they really don’t want you to have any loot they can bypass it by just kicking you before the final boss fight or after the boss is killed before picking up the loot.

I don’t know I’m kind of neutral on this but open to trying it. Btw even though I have played games that had a vote kick option, none of those games had a community as toxic as bns so things could go much more different here.

It's not easier ask NCS to do something?

Why not a report system where NCS really punish this ppl. Maybe because this ppl are the hardcore and the $$ ppl that have 2 PCs and play 2 accounts at the same time.

In fact NCS encourages this with events. yes i remembre Zaiwei Ruins event. a GM log in game for 10min a day had given a lesson to these people.

How many asking for a vote kick system here have abusing the system in Zaiwei Ruins event? no one?really?

Archived