Is there a way to perform quick turn with mouse and keyboard?

Vajra

Hello all, I'm a returning player, and one thing that has kept me from fully playing this game is the lack of a quick turn button for mouse of keyboard (at least as far as I know of). Oddly enough, if you have the gamepad option enabled, you're able to set a bind for a quick turn action, I don't see such a option for the mouse and keyboard. 

As such my question is; Is quick turn an action only for controller users? If not, I would truly appreciate it if someone could tell me how to use quick turn with the mouse and keyboard.

in case you might not have done it yet, make sure u have mouse acceleration turned off, completely. then after maybe 10 minutes of playing the game, u will be able to reliably turn exactly 180° or however much you want whenever u want without even thinking nor pressing any additional buttons. mouse acceleration turned on will make u fly all over the place, and make fast, precise movement hard

No need for a new mouse at all..

You can do an instant quick turn if you set camera mode to classic in game settings then just use right mouse button to flip your character to the direction of the camera. A few pro's use this in PVP competitive.

It does ttake some getting used to.

7 minutes ago, matthew said:

No need for a new mouse at all..

You can do an instant quick turn if you set camera mode to classic in game settings then just use right mouse button to flip your character to the direction of the camera. A few pro's use this in PVP competitive.

It does ttake some getting used to.

I've been meaning to get a new mouse for a while now actually, my current one is rather old, which was why I was using a controller to play before.

2 hours ago, Vajra said:

I've been meaning to get a new mouse for a while now actually, my current one is rather old, which was why I was using a controller to play before.

Well definitely go for a good gaming mouse then; I'd personally avoid getting a Razer mouse because of their software. It requires you to be signed in at all times to use (and thus have an internet connection at all times) and pretty much all advanced features won't work till you sign in.

I've tried several including the red dragon perdition, Logitech g700 (original and updated) the g600 and the Corsair Scimitar PRO.  Perdition was nice (while it lasted).  Pretty good software but very cheap components and it died in a flash.  The g700 is a beautiful mouse but the side buttons are poorly designed and fail quickly.  Same with both the original and the new.  Went through 4 of them all with the same problem.  The g600 is a fantastic mouse (if you have a mouse size thumb).  The side thumb buttons are small and close together and force you to press multiple buttons (especially the center ones - not good in most cases) but they are sturdy and after all the punishment I've given too them not one has failed yet.  Not the case for the top buttons.  They fail very quickly.  I'm on my 4th one now.  But with 19 programmable buttons including the G Switch button it is probably the best one I've used so far.  The software is extremely nice and easy to use. Bought a Corsair Scimitar PRO and tried to use it but the software is a major hassle and you cannot program all the buttons.  Rather a disappointment considering that it has larger buttons which can slide making it easier on your thumb.  The only way I'm going to use it again is if my g600 catches fire or something.  Either way the g600 is around $35 and I'd recommend it to you if you are interested. 

personally my pick is the logitech G502 over the G600; better ergonomics and even tho you are giving up some buttons the remaining ones aren't all bunched together making it neigh impossible to accidentally press the wrong one. All of the 11 total buttons can be programmed with ease. P1010482.png
https://www.fictiv.com/blog/posts/teardown-showdown-logitech-gaming-mouse-edition-g600-mmo-vs-g502-proteus-spectrum

Archived