This is mostly forwarded to employees

LaserUnicorn

I want to know where are the EU servers located because right now I'm having 150-250ms on your servers constantly for the past year and a half, and its starting to being too ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ annoying.
are your EU servers located at ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing NA? I legit have better ms on servers in America then these EU servers. what's up with that? who is your server provider who are you working with, tell them to fix the damned servers. instead of getting 50-60ms like I'm supposed to get on EU servers is on 3x to 5x that ping.

The EU servers are placed in AWS Cloud probably in Frankfurt. I believe the Amazon connectivity there is pretty good.

What pings are you comparing? You can't really compare the bns ingame ping with the ping results you get in your command line or in other games. That's because the ingame ping is based on the connection implemented in game while the command line ping is using ICMP packets that works on lower level so handling them is much faster. The big portion of your ingame ping is the time your game takes to send the data packet through OS, the time server takes to recieve and process your request and generate reply, and time your game takes to recieve and process the response.

For example my ICMP ping to the game servers would be about 10ms but my ingame ping is usally about 70-80ms. 

On 2/25/2019 at 2:47 PM, Dlacik said:

The EU servers are placed in AWS Cloud probably in Frankfurt. I believe the Amazon connectivity there is pretty good.

What pings are you comparing? You can't really compare the bns ingame ping with the ping results you get in your command line or in other games. That's because the ingame ping is based on the connection implemented in game while the command line ping is using ICMP packets that works on lower level so handling them is much faster. The big portion of your ingame ping is the time your game takes to send the data packet through OS, the time server takes to recieve and process your request and generate reply, and time your game takes to recieve and process the response.

For example my ICMP ping to the game servers would be about 10ms but my ingame ping is usally about 70-80ms. 

I'm comparing it to league of legends ping because that's the first thing that popped in mind, but either way I don't see any reason for me to experience such high constant ping and actually feel the lag, I can press a button and its so delayed, i can almost count a second between my keypress and the animation in game

2 hours ago, LaserUnicorn said:

I'm comparing it to league of legends ping because that's the first thing that popped in mind, but either way I don't see any reason for me to experience such high constant ping and actually feel the lag, I can press a button and its so delayed, i can almost count a second between my keypress and the animation in game

Dlacik gave you the correct explanation. but it does not really matter. what really matters is the ms in the game. even though it is not the real ping. is the real delay.

For me the ideal in this game is less than 100ms in game.

100/150ms is ok

150/200ms definitely start to feel the delay

+200ms unplayable (logout and try other day)

You should not compare it to other games simply because there are too many things that differ.

for one league has physical servers and not cloud based like BnS. then BnS ping also depends on your isp, on the ISP in the data center, activity on the server....etc...

Archived