Is Having the Old Producer a Good Thing?

GodEnyo

Thinking of returning to the game with a friend, they'll be starting from scratch. But I hear the reasons I left in the 1st place seem to have only gotten worse. Does having the original producer mean there may be some positive changes, compared to the direction the game has been going until now?

I.e. a better GM team, maybe some who can actually interact with the community like in other games. Or changes that help the average player or new players coming in.

According to some others that were around since closed beta, jonathan was better and more active overall with the community. I'd have to agree with that for now since I wasn't around for the previous producer. The old producer doesn't have social media so it might be tough to ask questions and get clarification on things now. I also read some positive things about him too though so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I doubt that much will change.

If I didn't know any better I'd say this is the exact same thread posted a few days ago but with a slightly different title...

That said, hard to tell. We don't know how much this guy has done behind the scenes. He might be a saint who constantly puts forward new ideas or he might be slug where he just kinda sits there not doing anything hoping everyone else will get it done without him having to rock any boats which sounds oddly specific but I can assure you I'm just as in the dark as anyone else. 

Junamaki does bring up a good point.

He doesnt use social media, and he's certainly never stepped foot in game to talk to anyone so there's pretty much no chance he'll be interactive unless he suddenly decides to really step up to the job and throw himself out there into the spotlight. But if they pay him to do the bare minimum then honey guess what he's probably gonna do!!! So it's just not known. I'm personally hoping everyone is on team accountability where everyone does their job the best they can for the better of others and yet at the same time I still picture a bunch of people sitting around checking their phones as if they were teens working at the mall smacking their gum and twirling their hair, so.

You know, it could mean anything. Could mean great changes and compassion, could mean 'lol ur all on ur own now'.

42 minutes ago, Showta said:

If I didn't know any better I'd say this is the exact same thread posted a few days ago but with a slightly different title...

That said, hard to tell. We don't know how much this guy has done behind the scenes. He might be a saint who constantly puts forward new ideas or he might be slug where he just kinda sits there not doing anything hoping everyone else will get it done without him having to rock any boats which sounds oddly specific but I can assure you I'm just as in the dark as anyone else. 

Junamaki does bring up a good point.

He doesnt use social media, and he's certainly never stepped foot in game to talk to anyone so there's pretty much no chance he'll be interactive unless he suddenly decides to really step up to the job and throw himself out there into the spotlight. But if they pay him to do the bare minimum then honey guess what he's probably gonna do!!! So it's just not known. I'm personally hoping everyone is on team accountability where everyone does their job the best they can for the better of others and yet at the same time I still picture a bunch of people sitting around checking their phones as if they were teens working at the mall smacking their gum and twirling their hair, so.

You know, it could mean anything. Could mean great changes and compassion, could mean 'lol ur all on ur own now'.

I just came back to BnS and did some reading up today, sorry if I missed a similar thread to mine. Can you provide the link? I can just read the replies there.
"He doesnt use social media, and he's certainly never stepped foot in game to talk to anyone" this is pretty much all I wanted to know.

Found it... not sure how I missed that title.

Archived