Farewell Blade & Soul!

Babbletr0n

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take care in your future plans Babbletron. Hope everything you planned go as you desire.

Also, WTF people? He left for a better opportunity and u guys already "game is dead, it's gonna close, wait for bad stuff to happen"

In first place if it's a "sinking ship" why u still play the game? If u hate Nexon why you play?  Don't give me that bullshit "I love the game, I worked for my char", it's simple u don't like management.. and the way game goes just simply leave don't Q.Q here

If one staff member leaves it doesn't mean the game will close, he will be replaced and everything will go as planned.

This game got constant updates and new content from time to time where in some games u barely see... so stop Q.Q and enjoy this game.. 

Exact same situation happened on Vindictus EU. Our Community Manager - Belsazar, also after many promises simply left us. He made similar farewell post, talking about nostalgia, a new life path, etc.

Shortly after, we found out he left to the other game company; to a "bigger" upcoming game, which was BDO.

Toxicity of community was probably one of reasons why he wanted leave and I belive similar situation is with Jonathan.

But toxic people are everywhere and there will be always people who will complain (regardless if for good or bad reason).

I don't saying game is dying (because every game will die sooner or later anyway), but after Belsazar's leave, Vindictus simply started fading. He knew when to retreat.^

After time, servers were eventually merged/moved to NA, kept alive by "whales", who just can't leave it (yes, game is still alive).

Game is a shadow of what it was before, containing stuff between what suits casual whales and the things asked multiple times by community years ago.. when it's too late.

After playing years in both games and knowing situations in KR of both; in my opinion BnS drops into big s...

EU/NA version rely on Asia ones (especially KR); and as you might know or not, it doesn't happen well there.

Latest huge rage quits of players there happened because of TT Raid and its performance case and adding instantly 70 Hongmoon Points... which costs WAY more than here, thanks to overpriced rng boxes.

It was defnitelly a shot to the knee. Greed and ingnorance caused mass leaving from BnS KR. Rollbacks or anything like that were not best options, so to kinda save situation prevent losing more players in future, new - ET raid is relatively easier.

It is easier (and cheaper) to make things like that, than progress with optimization nor keep promise about "no p2w".

But most humans are basically like that: They don't think about future - they care what is now.

They never learn on others mistakes, but on their own, once they suffer.. and when it's too late to fix.

Regardless, I wish you good luck out there Jonathan, you did great job here and people will surely miss you.

I don't know if I still want to play or not, I'm kinda fussy type and I still love BnS, so guess I will just casually play and see.

So at the end, I won't suggest anything to anyone, because I might be wrong..

hopefully...

Regards.

P.S. Sorry for eventual spelling mistakes.^^

@FlameSui I was there as well, when Belsazar stepped up from Vindictus EU, which is when the game started to go downhill fast enough. The RISE update just nailed the hit in the head, the update just destroyed everything I've played the game for.

Thus said, I'm worried enough as well for Blade and Soul. ET is most likely coming soon, yet easily 3/4 of the community still haven't cleared TT nor even tried it. Upgrades starts to be really tedious, especially on the sacred Vials side. (needed for literally everything at this point, even last acc breakthrough)

To be honest, your opinion actually made me question myself about why I shouldn't keep playing this game.

For some reasons, I can feel like fate is ironic and that the "big" update that awakening is will turn out to be the same kind of troll I've lived through Vindictus and it's "big" RISE update, like I have legit a bad feeling about it in reality. Time will tell I guess.

Going back on the thread, it's sad to see Jon leaving indeed, and I'm kind of worried about the future as well.

Good luck for your future plans o/

• Liinxy unpinned this topic

Good bye Jonathan & Liinxy I had a great time playing with you guys in game and watching the streams. Good luck in all that comes your way in the future. I wish you love, peace, and happiness in everything you do as you journey through life.

Archived