Localization & Translation Error List

Viblo

• Skyreach Gloves - Stage 1/3/6/10 in Equipment Upgrade Paths has an incorrect name

At this point I'm pretty much all out. The only other thing I picked up was how Den of the Ancients on the World Map doesn't have 'the' in the name. :HajoonLaugh:

• 1 month later...
  • Party Mode and Dungeon Lobby has an incorrect name for Easy
    • On that note, both the Party Mode and Dungeon Lobby still features Normal as an option. Might want to remove that since it no longer has any use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gunslinger's Character Info has an incorrect name for the class (how did you name that class wrong but got ZEN Archer right :pensive: )
  • The Peacekeeper in the Hongmoon Training Room has an incorrect name when spawning and respawning the boss
    • On that note, the actual Peacekeeper encounter is still missing a blank in one of the messages. See previous posts for which message.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Darkstorm Necklace Chest grants the item Gunslinger's Raven Necklace Chest
    • This was reported before but for the Blade Dancer's Raven Necklace Chest, so this would be an issue for all items. Hint for the mistake: no necklace drops from the Skybreak Spire raid. This is from Temple of Eluvium and Scion's Keep.
  • Kung Fu Master's Fervent Flames talent, available in the Dragon Fist specialization, has a mistyped talent description
  • NC Launcher 2 doesn't use proper grammar when attempting to launch the game during a maintenance

• 3 weeks later...
  • Hangar 0
    • X-Cavator 500
      • The message X-Cavator 500 focuses on a target is missing a blank
      • The message X-Cavator 500 throws a Chain is, I guess, missing capital letter for 'chain'? Should be capitalized since chain is a name.
    • Kolossos Prime
      • The message Kolossos Prime summons Spider Mines is missing capital letters for 'Spider Mines'
      • The message Kolossos Prime activates the Sensors is missing capital letter for 'Sensors'
      • The message Kolossos Prime fires Cluster Shells is missing capital letters for 'Cluster Shells'
  • Character Info
    • Character Info (F2) is yet to provide a name for the specialization Way of the Iron Will
  • Side Stories
    • Quest Journal displays Rise of the Silversteel as only Silversteel
    • Silversteel - Chapter 3: Machines of War is missing dialogue from Nuya (the very start of chapter 3)

I'll add another reply if something else comes up.

Edited by Viblo

• Force Master's Dancing Flames talent, available in the Flame specialization, has a mistyped talent description (last bullet point)
  • Blade Dancer's Enhanced Hurricane Slash talent, available in the Spinning Storm specialization, is missing a skill explanation for Hurricane Slash
  • Unbinds available.

• 2 weeks later...

The posts for the scheduled maintenances have incorrect information in them. I don't mean the patch notes themselves, but the posts on the forum detailing maintenance duration and the like. As an example, copied from the maintenance on the 18th of December:

Below is the list of changes introduced within the update:

Received Items delivers inconsistent quantity when retrieving stacked items.

I'm sure most people get what the actual change is, but from the sound of it, it's as if a change would be that Received Items now do deliver inconsistent quantity. Not that important, but would be nice if the changes were actually correct. Just wanted to point this out since I've noticed a lot of it recently. An added "Fixed an issue where Received Items delivers inconsistent quantity [...]" would be enough.

Edited by Viblo

• 4 months later...
  • Dungeon In Progress has a completely wrong name for Stonescale Passage. This feature's dungeon and boss name being wrong been brought up by Viblo for many other dungeons, not sure how it's something that's not double-checked before patch release at this point.
  • Amasa's Soul Link breakss and sends her into a Berserk Rage in Amasa/Amayun encounter
  • Interactive Karmic Mirrors on the minimap are called Judgment Mirrors in Amasa/Amayun encounter
  • Calls the mechanic Spatial Isolation in the party member list, while it's called Soul Separation in the debuff in Amasa/Amayun encounter.
  • The Eidolon minibosses in Stonescale Passage has some really weird attack and mech names. Feels like it was a straight up Google Translate where you forgot to go back and fix it. Example in screenshot: https://i.vgy.me/H5GWUW.png
  •  

Also, having gone through every single Soul Badge item and Soul Shield effect starting from Skybreak Spire and up, I'm amazed by the inconsistencies. It's such a shame considering how much I like the general naming schemes of item/dungeon/raid/system names. It seems like zero attention is paid to any of the nitty-gritty parts of the localization, even though that's probably what this playerbase cares most about. I'd love to point them all out but well, I'm not getting paid.

Edit: one thing I will point out: you forgot to change Holy Fire Soul Badge descriptions from the Google Translate version. It's the Holy Fire effect, not Torch. Here's the Korean translation: https://i.vgy.me/jZ4BMJ.png. I hope Google is being paid for the decent work they do for this game :HajoonLaugh:

Edited by Azaethal
Added a translation issue

• NCSOFT

Thank you all. Yesterday, we updated a few localization issues. There are still issues that need to be resolved (obviously). Our localization has been impacted with the current pandemic, but we will truck on.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Thank you all. Yesterday, we updated a few localization issues. There are still issues that need to be resolved (obviously). Our localization has been impacted with the current pandemic, but we will truck on.

I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the response. Stay safe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would definitely be nice with some additional QA for the localisations. It feels weird to expect the community to report issues for every patch instead of putting in that effort yourselves. It's fine if a mistake or two slips through, of course, but there are constantly issues with every new update; many of which are blatantly obvious issues. This list is soon to turn into three pages and I've unfortunately seen no improvements from the publishers since the thread was created back in early 2019.

• Halcyon Hills
    • Around the time of the Resonance Strike, the spawned puddles inflicting the Stuck effect are missing attack names.
    • When Jaechun emits Jelly Orbs, the first Split Elasticity Orbs are (probably) meant to be called Elasticity Orbs. The Split ones are created after attacking the orbs, splitting them into two.
    • The "mites" spawned from hitting the Split Elasticity Orbs does not have any name on the tooltip.
    • The abilities of the target that turns into the Jelly Drop (happens when "Jaechun covers someone with Slime") does not have any descriptions on the tooltips.
    • The shockwave from Elasticity Orbs are incorrectly called Mucus Monster in the attack names.
  • Force Master, Way of the Lightning
    • Vantage Soul Badge's first sentence is scuffed.
    • Accolade Soul Badge has some weird text. Might be intended, honestly not sure.

Speaking of tooltips, it seems there's no stats anymore when you open the preview window. I scavenged through old screenshots for a comparison: https://i.vgy.me/Evo0y6.png. Is this intended or not?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...