Hello its 2019 Time to make a Marriage Thread!

Mz Epic

Hi I've recently become addicted to Blade & Soul, but like...why still no marriage system? Nowadays it's easy, like look at ff14 and so many many other games, its really simple, you can purchase a marriage certificate and then hold a marriage ceremony, you and another player then become married, and at the discretion of NCSOFT, the players can get bonuses with each other if they party together, or in the very least summon each other.

Like I don't see why it'd be negative in any way!! Btw you can also add that you have to be a certain level before you can get married if you're worried about that.

And if you guys have never played a game with marriage system, there is NO shared inventory/vault, nothing, you're just married to each other and some games let you display this as title or like I mentioned earlier you get exp or small buffs in general for partying your spouse.

Or at least be like Black Desert Online and let us court some NPCs? (but PLEASE DO NOT use the BDO system its terrible!) I've totally gotten crushes on some NPCs! Like hellooooo Yu Chun please be my boyfriend lol

Ah yes, the marriage topic. This pops up just about every Valentines day now so I guess we were due again.

As you said, the benefits are usually nice!

Little stat bonuses (triggered from playing together to prevent people from marrying randoms/their own alts specifically for said stat increases), little love effects/special emots (That I'm sure they'd find some way to attach only to specific outfits that no one will want to wear),  the ability to teleport directly to them (to get on their nerves), and maybe even someday the ability the share the costs of building a little house together (and then having the house disappear with half of its value split between you two once you divorce, often unfairly)-aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh yes. The aroma of love. 

The entertainment sparked from other peoples marriages is always very nice, so I somewhat support it.

But at the very same time, commitment is something that I run away from on a constant basis so at the very same time just the thought of digitally settling down is almost enough to make one uninstall.

MMORPGs are exactly the place for marriages and housing! However, I can't see BnS having marriage. Housing maybe, but marriage...they'd have to approve same-sex marriage to make it work since most men play as women, and I think they'd sooner burn down their offices than to do that, so perpetually "single" we all stay!

This game is not THE SIMS ONLINE.

Adding anything to game cost resources. It is much better to spend these resource on adding things that match the game's theme or on improving things that are already there than spending them on completely random stuff like marriage or housing.

18 hours ago, Dlacik said:

This game is not THE SIMS ONLINE.

Adding anything to game cost resources. It is much better to spend these resource on adding things that match the game's theme or on improving things that are already there than spending them on completely random stuff like marriage or housing.

Have you seen the outfits and quests? wym

Also marriage system is for those who want it, thats why its a pay to use feature, if you don't want to, then ignore it, I play ff14 and its not like thats all there is to the game, its jsut a nice extra feature, not like it crowds or disrupts anything, but its nice and cute for those who want it

Like I said even if we don't get play to player marriage, i'd like to at least date some NPCs or something, um hello???

Spoiler

Love and stuff has been a big part of the whole games story, like um..yunsang and that yes man lady?! brother hoonjoon and that other girl?! Master Iksanun and the lady who had Ilsim? This whole game has so many other examples, although...a lot of eastern stories end up bad, like remember that dude with the earthseerer lady? It was obvious he loved her, of course she dies but...still! I also heard argument this story is nothing about revenge and betrayal, but who the heck who doesn't like turn around stories? Well I know I do, you know basically where the world is evil dakr and grim and such, yet people find themselves redeemed through love, why not? That's not uncommon in many stories all over the world, i really don't know how the story ends if it does however, I'm still level 49 I think, but thats why I'm saying marriage should be a max level end of the story type deal.

Here's another example, Kratos from god of War? In the newest game does not the God of War and all that find love and have a son and all that? Even though the wife ends up dying still, he still had found love and didn't want his whole life to be just revenge and badness.

I just don't see any negatives, if they're so worried about it flunking out, they're a big mmo company, try a beta? 

I for one would 100% pay for this feature myself and I'm new to the game.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, Grimoir said:

Not another marriage topic....this game does not fit a marriage system. If you want a marriage system go play rev online they have it there and almost no one uses it. its the same as housing this game does not fit such systems at all.

Yea and there are other actual good games and stuff with marriages that are still pretty much used, but still not made a big deal about, and guess what? Only the people who want to partake of it only care about it, it isn't required or shoved down anyones throats, its something cute and enjoyable, perhaps even read my other post. Btw that game is ff14

9 hours ago, Mz Epic said:

Yea and there are other actual good games and stuff with marriages that are still pretty much used, but still not made a big deal about, and guess what? Only the people who want to partake of it only care about it, it isn't required or shoved down anyones throats, its something cute and enjoyable, perhaps even read my other post. Btw that game is ff14

Still, a system like that simply does not fit here. If the marriage system was so great in FF14 you would be there not here.

Instead of wasting resources and money on a system like that i rather they actually focus on the UE4 upgrade and optimization of the game and fixes.

On 2/15/2019 at 7:17 AM, Maero said:

Lol. Just because you can't get married irl doesn't mean you have to settle for a virtual one.

Implying i want to be married irl, always the same with the gaming community a basic "lol ur a virgin nerd" type comment, shut up, we are all playing this game with jiggling boobs even when just talking to NPCs, with sexual outfits and everything else in the game, and most the men are even female characters. I'm still young i dont want to get married right noe, doesnt mean it isnt cute and something i wouldnt like in a game, im sorry most of you couldn't find someone to marry in the game or cant use it, but this game is also dying, many of you have been saying this, maybe stop being crybabies and try something new :O

Edit: ok sorry if that was mean, i got a little too heated, but peoppe with closed minds also just heat me up ok

On 2/15/2019 at 6:38 AM, Grimoir said:

Still, a system like that simply does not fit here. If the marriage system was so great in FF14 you would be there not here.

Instead of wasting resources and money on a system like that i rather they actually focus on the UE4 upgrade and optimization of the game and fixes.

Try again, ff14 isnt free to play.

And i never said marriage should come over everything else, i just think one day they should consider it, of course id love for the core game to be improved before fun things, but still, its cute and id like to see it

I feel there are some problems if there is an official Marriage system in the game:

The popular Lyn race may be a problem. While you can make them very old, many people love to have cute little girls/boys with animal ears/tail running around instead. If a marriage system is adopted, it means that NCSoft may face legal/non-legal problems for encouraging players to marry underage-looking characters. Considering there are some people snapping at Lyn players and outright calling them "lolicon", "pedophile", this just makes a good bait for such negativity to thrive on.

On 2/23/2019 at 6:07 AM, Kozuki said:

I feel there are some problems if there is an official Marriage system in the game:

The popular Lyn race may be a problem. While you can make them very old, many people love to have cute little girls/boys with animal ears/tail running around instead. If a marriage system is adopted, it means that NCSoft may face legal/non-legal problems for encouraging players to marry underage-looking characters. Considering there are some people snapping at Lyn players and outright calling them "lolicon", "pedophile", this just makes a good bait for such negativity to thrive on.

Underage looking, doesn't make them underage. This isn't real life, it's a fantasy world with a fantasy lore. You can't gauge it by real life standards.

Archived