Sign in to follow this  
Kakujima

I need Gunner PVP tips.

Kakujima   

First and foremost, I seem to have the hardest time with Assassins and Summoners.

Like, idk what I'm doing wrong... but it seems they could CC me about 80% of the entire match. It makes it almost impossible to dish out some damage.

Anyways, the FIRST thing I do at the very beginning of a match is I RMB to activate my hooks, and then quickly press Q to set up my flying skill or w/e you call it. After I set those up, I'll press X to protect myself as soon as the opponent comes charging up at me. Sometimes I press Q to get away faster; if needed. Afterwards I attempt to run away for a bit - press 1 to counter if possible, if counter fails then idk where to go from there... I start getting lost and become overwhelmed on what move to take next while my important skills are on cooldown.

And... that's how I die. Seriously, can you guys help me out? I just got started with PVP, so obviously I must be doing something wrong!

LuIius   

it will require a lot of practice. all we can give you is tips...

first of all you wanna dissable your firefall so you can insta air people when they get ccd, once they're aired you prolong the air with C but only once. after that you 4rmb4rmb4rmb untill they land, if they f roll you tech chase with whatever cc you have left.

tech chasing is when you hit your opponent with another cc at the end of their f roll. it requires timing but once you've got it down it's easy. at the end of an f roll there are a few frames where you are still locked in the f roll animation but no longer immune to damage/cc, if you time another cc perfectly you can cc your opponent at the end of an f roll without counter play.

appart from that it's mainly just kite around & kill people with air skills/stunlocks if they waste their tab escapes. you can also pve them down with tab.