Forums

Improving my specs to make game smooth on Ultra

The Shadower

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

I have the same CPU as you, ram , ssd, just a worse video card, and i never drop under 60-70 fps in populated areas ....not even raids LOL.

So it might be RTX related. How's your GPU usage? Does it go up to 100%?

Max settings 1440p or 1080p?

Just now, pakjs said:

So it might be RTX related. How's your GPU usage? Does it go up to 100%?

Max settings 1440p or 1080p?

1080p, CPU usage rarely does to 50% usually under that around 35-40%.  But yeah might be the RTX.  I am using the game boost and XMP features of my motherboard tho, so maybe that makes the difference.

14 minutes ago, Fiana said:

you should try bns buddy too, it's can stabilize your fps

Have heard about it on multiple occasions. I don't feel particulary comfortable by having to enter login credentials in a 3rd party software to run BnS.

But it seems to have source code available, will review it to see if i can find anything fishy and make my decision based on that.

Trying to max performance and quality at the same time is pointless. There's always a trade-off, and maxing one is going to make the other suffer, up to the limit of the physical technology.  Throw a lot of expensive hardware at it and you might get great fps on ultra settings, otherwise it's a waste of time.

You can try and get the best pc there is and this piece of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ game won't even care if you have a cpu with 128 cores, it will never run as smooth as other games, it's simply poorly made, just wait till UE4 hits and if we are lucky, that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ won't be a waste of time and money. 

@OP

You can try bnsbudy, it seems to have a fix loading screen issues option, it might help you without any purchases.

@Racingwind

Tried bnsbuddy, now i get 70-90 in heavily populated areas, haven't tried raids atm. But the GPU usage jumps from 45% to 70%, so it also rises the bar of resource limit used by BnS. With the options provided by @Fiana (much appreciated), 1070ti/1080 should be enough to max BnS at 1440p an have a smooth fps (still have to check raids).

Updated:

Haha, no, there were just too few ppl online. 30-40 fps in Mushins Tower when there are a lot of ppl. and gpu usage stays at 45% there. Might be really RTX related.

Same in MSP.

Edited by pakjs

Well if your GPU usage seems too low, it might be a mess with your Windows 10 settings!

Within Windows Display settings you can use "Scale and layout" to change the size of text, apps and other Items (ie. BNS). It should be at 100% and nothing else! I had it at 150% for a while when changing screen resolution, as I changed system as well it took me a while to find out, I had random performance issues and stutters while the GPU only had less then 50% load (and that with a Radeon R9 290)...as soon I changed that back to 100% all stutters been gone and GPU was able get load up to 100% again.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Have anyone found a way to increase the fps in game?

my computer specs:

i7 6600 octa-core 3.4 ghz

32 gb of RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX MSI 1080 gaming Z 8gb

2 ssd 240gb

2 hdd 1tb

1hdd 2tb

the game is installed on a ssd

in full quality my fps drops to 30 - 40 , if  someone knows a  way to get more, please tell me

Edited by BloodNyx

19 minutes ago, BloodNyx said:

Hello!

Have anyone found a way to increase the fps in game?

my computer specs:

i7 6600 octa-core 3.4 ghz

32 gb of RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX MSI 1080 gaming Z 8gb

in full quality my fps drops to 30 - 40 , if  someone knows a  way to get more, please tell me

Your PC is good, the game is badly optimised. Wait for the UE4.

• Like 1

I can give a brief feedback on a recently upgraded PC spec.

My old rig:
i5 7400 3ghz (3.6 turbo boosted) 4core/4threads
GTX1050ti 4GB

16GB DDR4 2400 (HyperX)

Game was running on 60fps idle in mushin (fps limited to 60 and graphics on 2) optimized for combat and all that. During raids it drops to 10, but stabalizes around 20 in the long run (ctrl+f enabled ofc). Stutters yes, large fps drops, freezing and crashing never observed for 2 years since I had this config.

Current rig:

i7 9700k 3.6ghz (4.8GHz turbo boosted) 8core/8threads

GTX1070ti 8GB

16GB DDR4 2400mhz (HyperX fury) (debating on changing it right now with 3000mhz or 3200)

MSI z390 Gaming Pro MB

Game runs smoothly on graphics set to 4 on both idle and during dungeons. 120fps in idle, 85-110fps during dungeons (6man). During raids fps drops to 40 for a few seconds, then stabalizes at around 60-70 (during sb drops to 50 for the duration). Game not optimized for combat and with ctrl+f on.

I dont use bnsbuddy or any other external software for BnS. Game is installed on a 120GB Intel SATA SSD.

To conclude with the load of the game on the new rig: during gaming, single core boost goes to around 4.5-4.6GHz. Temperatures dont exceed 64C and the load of the core around 90-93%. GPU wise, the 1070ti holds pretty slow and the max load I got was around 35-40%. Temperature wise it goes to 74-75C but I notice it goes that way on every game I play anyways.

So, to conclude the said above, PC upgrade was may more valuable for bns than expected. I can play way more smooth now without any worries. If you like to upgrade your PC and you have the funds, you dont need RTX, its garbage. Get 1070ti or 1080, that should be more than enough for at least 2 more years.