PING .... EVERYDAY!!

SkFy

Ywg2PZE.png
When will ncsoft finally look at this problem. 
It's the same every day. it's so tilting rly.

And my ping to any other place is perfectly fine.

The distance to the server is 272km... my ping to NA on the other side of the world is lower :s and doesn't have these ping spikes...
Tried 6 vpns….

MwZIJ7M.png

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

the ping shown in game is not your real ping to the server...lets start with that....

also pinging google means nothing lol

zzzz you again.
you don't know what you're talking about dude.

obviously it shows my network is stable, if my network wasn't stable my ping would be high..
And you keep saying it's not ping, yet everytime it gets higher my skills respond slow af or not at all... obviously a network issue cause as you can see my fps is 120 my pc is fine.
And if it just how bns worked, all other people would also have this problem and i'd also have this problem if I play NA... which I don't have.

5 hours ago, SkFy said:

Ywg2PZE.png
When will ncsoft finally look at this problem. 
It's the same every day. it's so tilting rly.

And my ping to any other place is perfectly fine.

The distance to the server is 272km... my ping to NA on the other side of the world is lower :s and doesn't have these ping spikes...
Tried 6 vpns….

MwZIJ7M.png

Pinging to google sends a small fraction of data back and forth, Same with SpeedTests, In Game Ping Sends big data packets, You Press Skill, You Move, you jump, everything that goes around you, boss waves at you, other player skills, other player movements, basically everything that moves, that's how your ISP communicates to the Server, In Game Ping shows the Delay of that. NOT YOUR REAL PING. Don't people read the description of what it does? 

Quote In Game Settings "Show Server Delay Period" (If Selected, The server's Delay period will be shown in minutes.)" 

Like I said in many posts like yours, There are many many many factors that can cause you have high ping. stop focusing on the one thing like a broken cassette, And Maybe try write support, do tests and work it out, Contact your ISP? if they can help you the route you take, there is not much you can do alone. being closer to the server doesn't mean you automatically should have low ping, I live 913 Km away from the server > Here's My Delay in Game, Few Pictures in Battle.

NWvbEFg.png

There are definitely case by case bases where it's people's ISP's fault but what really infuriates me is when ncsoft keeps getting multiple reports that people are lagging especially in the EU region. We are not talking a few people whole groups are lagging at the same time, it usually happens after maintenance and weekdays, this is a long standing problem that ncsoft will not bother to address at all.

Writting tickets for complain/bugs is pointless to support, they answered me that it's better to talk on forum ( for better feedback I guess ... )

I've tested on 3 ISP ( France ) :

Illiad Free ( wooden ISP who recently done some peering with Netflix for better quality after years, still shitty for Youtube/Steam/etc ) : lags at peak hours

Altice/SFR ( average ISP ) : lags at peak hours

Bouygues : lags at peak hours

Same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, every nights its LAGGY AS HELL, it's difficult to BG and to clear TT raids in good conditions. They keep fusing servers ( and removing at the process )

On CSGO, with highter bandwith limit my ping is always rockstable  ( most server are not located in France )

PS : I won't use the stupid Bns Buddy to force the tcp packets or any stupid shits.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:04 PM, SayhaSeer said:

Pinging to google sends a small fraction of data back and forth, Same with SpeedTests, In Game Ping Sends big data packets, You Press Skill, You Move, you jump, everything that goes around you, boss waves at you, other player skills, other player movements, basically everything that moves, that's how your ISP communicates to the Server, In Game Ping shows the Delay of that. NOT YOUR REAL PING. Don't people read the description of what it does? 

Quote In Game Settings "Show Server Delay Period" (If Selected, The server's Delay period will be shown in minutes.)" 

Like I said in many posts like yours, There are many many many factors that can cause you have high ping. stop focusing on the one thing like a broken cassette, And Maybe try write support, do tests and work it out, Contact your ISP? if they can help you the route you take, there is not much you can do alone. being closer to the server doesn't mean you automatically should have low ping, I live 913 Km away from the server > Here's My Delay in Game, Few Pictures in Battle.

NWvbEFg.png

But I also said, in NA I don't have this... it has to process the exact same skills and stuff tho :/

And at good times my ping is like that aswell, but I keep getting spikes even up to like 500-600 ms..
At NA its like 180-220, so within 10% of 200.. which seems to be the base.. not a few hundred % increase..

Also contacted my ISP, for the 100th time cause bns support said my ISP DNS server might be causing a problem... 
But they said everything was fine, so then changed my dns to google dns 8.8.8.8 and also tried 8.8.4.4 and both have the exact same problem I just keep getting spikes :/

3 hours ago, RinDman said:

Writting tickets for complain/bugs is pointless to support, they answered me that it's better to talk on forum ( for better feedback I guess ... )

Illiad Free ( wooden ISP who recently done some peering with Netflix for better quality after years, still shitty for Youtube/Steam/etc ) : lags at peak hours

Same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, every nights its LAGGY AS HELL, it's difficult to BG and to clear TT raids in good conditions. They keep fusing servers ( and removing at the process )

On CSGO, with highter bandwith limit my ping is always rockstable  ( most server are not located in France )

PS : I won't use the stupid Bns Buddy to force the tcp packets or any stupid shits.

its not even just peak hours anymore last weeks its been like all day, used to be like that for a long time tho..
And sometimes its fine for a week, then after maintenance it starts again :/

On 2/3/2019 at 8:54 AM, SkFy said:

And at good times my ping is like that aswell, but I keep getting spikes even up to like 500-600 ms..
At NA its like 180-220, so within 10% of 200.. which seems to be the base.. not a few hundred % increase..

Your method of determining if your connection to bns server is stable or not is incorrect. You've basically determined your ping to google DNS is rock stable, but you haven't determined your connection quality to bns server.

Ping gives you very little information, it only tells you the round trip time from your PC to the destination, but nothing in between. In order to figure out where the problem truly lies, you need to use trace route (tracert -d 8.8.8.8 as an example). This will tell you your delay from your PC to your destination, and every single hop in between. It could be that there is a hop on the way to bns server that's unstable, ping tests won't tell you that, but trace route tests will.

But I do agree with you that I also experience lag spikes in the 500 ms ranges alot recently, and I've determined it's not my connection quality, it's bns servers. Though it usually goes away after an hour or two.

On 2/3/2019 at 5:21 AM, RinDman said:

The internet isn't a simple straight connection of: your PC -> your ISP -> destination. It's more like: Your PC -> your ISP -> regional IX -> backbone nodes -> regional IX -> destination ISP -> destination. There are just some nodes that you just can't fix, by you changing ISP, or by bns staff, for example going through a bad backbone node / regional IX.

18 hours ago, Racingwind said:

Your method of determining if your connection to bns server is stable or not is incorrect. You've basically determined your ping to google DNS is rock stable, but you haven't determined your connection quality to bns server.

Ping gives you very little information, it only tells you the round trip time from your PC to the destination, but nothing in between. In order to figure out where the problem truly lies, you need to use trace route (tracert -d 8.8.8.8 as an example). This will tell you your delay from your PC to your destination, and every single hop in between. It could be that there is a hop on the way to bns server that's unstable, ping tests won't tell you that, but trace route tests will.

But I do agree with you that I also experience lag spikes in the 500 ms ranges alot recently, and I've determined it's not my connection quality, it's bns servers. Though it usually goes away after an hour or two.

The internet isn't a simple straight connection of: your PC -> your ISP -> destination. It's more like: Your PC -> your ISP -> regional IX -> backbone nodes -> regional IX -> destination ISP -> destination. There are just some nodes that you just can't fix, by you changing ISP, or by bns staff, for example going through a bad backbone node / regional IX.

If you do a trace, and earlier hops have problems... but the final one doesn't, it means you can ignore the hops inbetween and only look at the last hop..
pingplotter.com/wisdom/article/latency-packet-loss.html
So yes, the roundtime and packetloss of the last node is all that's important, unless the delay builds up from a certain node
And didn't list everything I done, I made like 100 topics by now which usually get ignored anyway so ye xD

And im having these spikes like 90% of the day last 3 weeks or so, it didn't use to be this ridiculous.. 
Before my spikes were up to like 150 max ;/ this 500+ is something recent..
And I know a lot of people who lag aswell, but not everyone...

Usually would think it's routing, but the ping traces seem fine and I literally tried 6 different paid vpn's by now they all don't help 

Oh, and I traced an IP I got from support, an ncsoft server..
Even there my roundtime was max 30 ms... which should never be 500 ms ingame ;/ 
Then I thought, maybe something is wrong with my client, cause it all just doesn't make sense... but reinstalling it also didn't change anything .. 

4 hours ago, SkFy said:

If you do a trace, and earlier hops have problems... but the final one doesn't, it means you can ignore the hops inbetween and only look at the last hop..
pingplotter.com/wisdom/article/latency-packet-loss.html
So yes, the roundtime and packetloss of the last node is all that's important, unless the delay builds up from a certain node

From the article you linked, it says, "In example 2, we see high packet loss and latency at the final destination. This is your cue to inspect the rest of the route." That's what I mean by you need to use trace route. I was under the assumption that your final node (bns server) is experiencing problems (high ping as displayed from your in game client, but this turned out to be not true). So therefore we use trace route to see what nodes we are passing by on our way to the destination. After we figure that out, we ping each individual nodes to see what the problem is, as described in the article you linked. I suppose I wasn't specific enough in my previous post, my bad!

If you are using a tool like ping plotter, it does all that for you. You linked a command prompt ping test, which is why I thought you didn't use any tools, and that's where people frequently make mistakes in testing methods and interpretation of the data they get.

But ya, the server does have some issues, I agree with you on that front.

Archived