Can you do something about losing quest credit on loading screen?

Kozuki

I don't know why, but when you die or enter a portal and go through a loading screen, quest credit is not counted for you.

I saw it many times a raid got impatient waiting for a guy to load into the dungeon (you know, you cannot really ask him if he is currently going through loading or not) and decided to down the boss with their whale DPS, killing the boss. The poor guy entered, just to see he lost his quest credit for not presenting when boss was killed, as well well losing the raid lock that week.

Or, there was that another dude who accidentally 4 when the boss was like 10%. And God blesses Warlocks for their main DPS skills is the button 4, which is the same as the retreat button.

Fun thing: Midnight Skypetal Plains, the only raid where you have to tag and loot chest, will experience the same problem, if you are in loading screen during his death. However, as long as you're not in loading screen has tagged him, even if you retreat after death, you will still get his loot and complete the quest.

I think this happens cuz when retreat or loading in, instead of being put straight into the dungeon, they have go through some kind of placeholder space, thus no quest credit is counted. Maybe you should learn from Koldrak Lair where retreat instantly spawn you inside without any loading screen, or make the placeholder space being credit-able for quest too.

This is more a community / people problem than a game problem as it technically is working as intended.  When you are loading you are not in the dungeon so why should you get credit for it?

Also for MSP: havent really confirmed this but a lot of players tell this, you just need to hit the boss once, and even then if you rez with 4 you still get the loot, as long as you tagged it at least once.

(either way, tagging for loot is good as at least i personally would not want someone to get loot if they did not contribute anything, given this is still a bit far from tagging to contributing but at least something)

On 30/01/2019 at 11:07 AM, Grimoir said:

This is more a community / people problem than a game problem as it technically is working as intended.  When you are loading you are not in the dungeon so why should you get credit for it?

(either way, tagging for loot is good as at least i personally would not want someone to get loot if they did not contribute anything, given this is still a bit far from tagging to contributing but at least something)

How incredibly dumb. Why invite someone to your party if you can't be bothered to wait for them to come into the instance. At least kick them from the party so they aren't wasting their time.

You're right it is a community/people problem. People like YOU.

how about when you crash mid fight and you get back in.. are forced to load into the lobby, load into the dungeon.. and then find out your reward is gone.

This includes raid bosses as well and especially now that the 32 bit clients crashes every 5 min, its just unplayable.

Please go on.. tell me its a feature...

Archived