Blade and Soul IS NOT PAY TO WIN

Rmccn08

1 hour ago, Dlacik said:

And which of that "end game" gear you couldn't already buy with gold?

Sure! Start a new alt now and play F2P and next year come here tell me what you've achieved. and how many more upgrades this gear have.

gems/soul/pet/heart You can get more gear with Lucky Coin but let's just count these 4.

Bet you or someone who tries will fail the challenge. See you in 2020 

And do not try the new favorite excuse here in forum "Blade and Soul dont have nothing to win" LOL is more BS that you can farm in game.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite sometime ago i had my friend join the game. after she reached max level we started doing the purple train and daily challenge almost every day. When she got enough gear we did most if not all that we could as duo since she didn't want to deal with the bs people do. We did daily challenge, weeklies, purple train and events. With that she got from 0 to riftwalk stage 6, awakened soul early stages, and awakened pet all in little bit of 4 months of play. Would have been early stages of raven and raven accessories if she had the courage to start raven farming earlier. Also she refused to pay any money on troves or any other "p2w" stuff.

This was before heart existed yet so 1 less item to use stuff on sure. point is, if 4 months of simple gameplay is too much to get in my opinion semi good gear you definetly can do stuff with, if you know how to play, then you people kinda are in a wrong game.

The main idea of this game is to NOT have maximum gear, it is the giant farm which gets you there and which is supposed to be the fun part. What will you do if you get max gear too fast? you most likely quit until next big patch, thats what. I understand having too much farming also is an issue but the main problem game has is the toxic people in both whale side and f2p side and the toxicity they both generate which prevents certain players from progressing. Fix that first.

4 months to get pretty nice gear as fresh starting player is not bad at all for a korean farming game. Name another region excluding Europe and NA where people have difficult times progressing due to other people not taking them into dungeons or having insane entry requirements or any other community generated issues.

lol games dead cmon, its a dungeon simulator with the WORST COMMUNITY EVER (worse than league), people want 1.2k for NS and way more ap for other dungeons. games is p2w period, go 6v6 thats a pay 2 win fiesta with max gear people. trove is the reason i stopped bns and sometimes i watch forum to see if smth has change but nope. they nerfed old dung gold... WHY ???? people could solo them and why u nerf them? let them make some gold to progress lol.  plus the reason that p2w is pointless here, since 6v6 is instanced, is that open world pvp does not exist at all. you make a party, people enter, wait 3-4 sec puuf leave. everyone wants FAST FAST FAST like its their job and most have 187361283 characters so they need to do with them all. p2w has ruined the community cuz no one now "has the time" to teach others to learn mechs they are like... .1.8K AP GOO NO MECH FAST FAST BIG8. 

oh i forgot.. there are some autistic idiots who still sell bt run lol like why, thats easy why u sell, why u dont let new players, f2p players to gear up.why people sill sell bt acces for 100g, fee 50g or whatever the prices can be its horribly crazy and very disappointing. game is not pay 2 progress, THE MOMENT SOMEONE BUYS SMTH THAT I NEED EVEN 1-2 HOURS MORE TO TAKE IT, IT IS P2W deal with it. pay to progress can be the xp things that u level up faster not trove, get those gilded gems or whatever things people get. 

game had potentional but nope ncsoft ruined it like it ruined every possible game. still it bothers me .. WHY NERF GOLD LOL. they want people to drop their wallet more and more. 

@DanteAlbanai

Tell me how 6v6 is pay2 win since PVP gear is easier to get than PVE, not to mention asside the gloves and maybe necklace it doesnt need any premium or transformation stones to upgrade. Soulshields can be farmed in MSP, so there is no excuse why 6v6 should be p2w asside maybe the soul but that a not so big factor. Anyone with a bit of farming can get good PVP ring, earring, belt and shields.

ppl wanting more ap than needed is nthn new and 1.2k ap isn't p2w get real ... The problem is that the population is dwindling cause new ppl can't catch up fast enough and they will obviously quit than just grind for months before u can do even VT raid, game needs to increase overall gold gain and also increase with it gold and mats required for end gear upgrading

I think the term "Pay to win" is outdated. Literal "pay to win" games would be like Wonderland Online where the best gear are in the cash shop and cannot be acquired any other way except by buying it with premium currency (which also cannot be earned in-game) or having someone else buy it and sell it to you (usually at obscenely high in-game price). Not to mention the materials needed to upgrade these gear are ALSO only available in the cash shop.

This game is closer to a "optional pay to progress", nothing that grants progression is locked behind a paywall and the grind is very very real. Solo casual f2p players with 1 main and maybe just 1 toon be damned, they are a dying breed. I'm sure there are some out there that managed to do good but overall most just abandon the grind around Raven 3. 

Because the term "pay to win" is outdated everyone seem to have their own interpretation of it. I mean who can blame em? Times have changed, look at the people who think there are more than 2 genders for instance.

Tbh I'm glad I left this trainwreck.Playing it is pointless. You'll never complete latest dungeon while it's relevant if you're new player who doesn't pay sub and busy nothing from store. After finishing story and doing legendary quest lines until final stage which requires kill boss, you end up with maximum stage 12 baleful/seraph or even 10. pet and soul at lowest stages aka starting ones from story. Now to upgrade your weapon or gear you need hundreds of gold. craft transformation stones? sure its cheaper. But by how much? 5%? 10%? You still need hundreds of gold/stage and since no one's accepting you to party above NS you don't get much gold/day. Weeklies/raids? No one would accept someone into raven raven or vihar if you don't have raven weapon. No one wants new players there.Even if it's outdated old raid. Ask help of clan? good luck trying to gather 11 people. lets be real. Most of time there are less than 10 people online. Even if clan has 100+. And that's normal. we live different time zones, don't login at the same time. Also out of those 10+ not everyone is willing to help. So sure, you gather 4 people out of 10, but that's still too low...and joining to party where someone is recruiting? People will start leaving once they see you having low AP. Actually there is one way to fix it. Best way. To get rid of F2. Totally. Just like Taiwan did. All you can see while checking person's F2 is their character model. No stats, No AP. Just model.

Archived