Sign in to follow this  
Dr SoulReaper

Ping Issues

Recommended Posts

I have a quick question for folks: Whenever you enter mushins tower or Midnight skypetal plains and try to do the content, does your ping continue climbing for no apparent reason?

 

Simply asking because id love to do MSP but its quite literally a lagging unplayable mess... where i stand around for 21 seconds for any response happens...(could be underestimating that) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried Ctrl+F?  If you haven't then it might make it easier.  I know that msp brings my computer to it's knees if I don't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   

Potato servers, this issue been ignored since amazon server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 2:52 PM, SkFy said:

Potato servers, this issue been ignored since amazon server

You do know there are a lot of factors that it could be on your end and not the servers?, but I understand, it's always easier to blame on something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I confirm. Lag is everywhere. Shouldn't be a problem for PVE unless it is a raid. For PvP, you are screwed if your ping is trash. Duel arena people are ping carried, somehow they have no button delays. How about a good macro or Maybe paying extra for a VPN so you can win would be a good idea? Lol. I've watched streamers and ytubers play with better connections and they don't experience the same issues. Playing in dungeons ping is 160, arena ping is 200-240, raids 160-180. That is a regular connection in the U.S. with no VPN, not a really good connection because it has button delays which will affect you if you try to pVp competitively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   
On 1/22/2019 at 10:07 PM, SayhaSeer said:

You do know there are a lot of factors that it could be on your end and not the servers?, but I understand, it's always easier to blame on something else.

If my ping is fine everywhere else except bns EU yea?
I can ping any other server near that location with 20ms while playing bns…
If I connect to bns NA/JP I have a higher basic ping, but not the spikes...
At BNS Eu my ping is like 60-80 at good times, usually only like 3 am in the morning.... and the rest of the day it spikes up to like 120/150... at bad days 300/600... so plz.. 


And even 60-80 is kinda ridiculous...

There even been times it was like 40 or less ingame, so don't say its impossible for bns to be low.
There's just something rly wrong with this game and it's servers, only a few lucky people don't lag..

 

And btw, I made like 20 topics about this showing clearly that it's not my internet nor my pc that's the problem... but it's pointless... ncsoft keeps ignoring the problem anyway, it's been terrible ever since the ddos attacks happened and we switched to amazon servers..
Before that my ping was stable 60 ingame and didn't have lag/pikes spikes at all.
My fps was also better at that time, with a much worse pc.... 

Edited by SkFy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, SkFy said:

If my ping is fine everywhere else except bns EU yea?
I can ping any other server near that location with 20ms while playing bns…
If I connect to bns NA/JP I have a higher basic ping, but not the spikes...
At BNS Eu my ping is like 60-80 at good times, usually only like 3 am in the morning.... and the rest of the day it spikes up to like 120/150... at bad days 300/600... so plz.. 


And even 60-80 is kinda ridiculous...

There even been times it was like 40 or less ingame, so don't say its impossible for bns to be low.
There's just something rly wrong with this game and it's servers, only a few lucky people don't lag..

 

And btw, I made like 20 topics about this showing clearly that it's not my internet nor my pc that's the problem... but it's pointless... ncsoft keeps ignoring the problem anyway, it's been terrible ever since the ddos attacks happened and we switched to amazon servers..
Before that my ping was stable 60 ingame and didn't have lag/pikes spikes at all.
My fps was also better at that time, with a much worse pc.... 

Ping depends on several factors:

 

- distance to the server

- How busy the server is (thats why at 3 AM EU time your ping is less because there is less players and less activity on the server)

- The ISP used for the datacenter

- the route from your ISP to the datacenter ISP

- software running on your pc can cause spikes

- downloads on your network can cause spikes

 

Just because your ping to other games is always fine does not mean they are in the same datacenter or that they all have the same ISP. I would check the routing you have to the server and you will see the spikes and at which point they occur then you can have your ISP check why its spiking. But if its only during the say then the reason is server activity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   
12 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Ping depends on several factors:

 

- distance to the server

- How busy the server is (thats why at 3 AM EU time your ping is less because there is less players and less activity on the server)

- The ISP used for the datacenter

- the route from your ISP to the datacenter ISP

- software running on your pc can cause spikes

- downloads on your network can cause spikes

 

Just because your ping to other games is always fine does not mean they are in the same datacenter or that they all have the same ISP. I would check the routing you have to the server and you will see the spikes and at which point they occur then you can have your ISP check why its spiking. But if its only during the say then the reason is server activity.

Distance to the server 272 km... i'm dutch, live near the german border..
The server is laggy from early morning till late in the evening, if it's already overcrowded early morning ncsoft should obviously upgrade their potato servers.
If their ISP lags then again they should fix a proper ISP, Amazon just s…. for game servers..  the servers they had before were totally fine..
There is no software causing spikes, if software was causing spikes it would happen when I connect to NA or JP aswell..
Same with downloads, also high ping from downloads would be visible if I ping other servers while playing bns… and like I said my ping to other places, and other bns servers is totally fine...
Also I tried 6 vpn's by now...

And I have my own clan, had it since beta... I hear people complain about lags all day long..
Also I pvp a lot, when I get the chance even tho my ping is horrible most of the time ;/ and there a LOT of people have the same problem..
A lot need VPN to play, others can't find a vpn server that makes it stable.
Many already quit the game for this reason aswell, ex top 5 players who just can't pvp anymore because they went from 60 ms to 150 after amazon server switch..

Fun fact: at times my ping to NA is both better and more stable then in EU... while its on the other side of the world rofl.

Edited by SkFy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, SkFy said:

Distance to the server 272 km... i'm dutch, live near the german border..
The server is laggy from early morning till late in the evening, if it's already overcrowded early morning ncsoft should obviously upgrade their potato servers.
If their ISP lags then again they should fix a proper ISP, Amazon just s…. for game servers..  the servers they had before were totally fine..
There is no software causing spikes, if software was causing spikes it would happen when I connect to NA or JP aswell..
Same with downloads, also high ping from downloads would be visible if I ping other servers while playing bns… and like I said my ping to other places, and other bns servers is totally fine...
Also I tried 6 vpn's by now...

And I have my own clan, had it since beta... I hear people complain about lags all day long..
Also I pvp a lot, when I get the chance even tho my ping is horrible most of the time ;/ and there a LOT of people have the same problem..
A lot need VPN to play, others can't find a vpn server that makes it stable.
Many already quit the game for this reason aswell, ex top 5 players who just can't pvp anymore because they went from 60 ms to 150 after amazon server switch..

Fun fact: at times my ping to NA is both better and more stable then in EU... while its on the other side of the world rofl.

I am from belgium and i play in NA :).

anyway there is one thing you need to understand:

 

If you do a connection test you see every point and its ping.

It will be like: you -> point1(your ISP) -> point2(your isp) ->.....-> point1(NC isp) -> point2 (nc isp) -> server

If you  see a spike anywhere before point1(ncisp) or a spike in the transition from your last point into point1(ncisp) the issue is YOUR isp not nc. if its beyond that point its NC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

If you do a connection test you see every point and its ping.

It will be like: you -> point1(your ISP) -> point2(your isp) ->.....-> point1(NC isp) -> point2 (nc isp) -> server

If you  see a spike anywhere before point1(ncisp) or a spike in the transition from your last point into point1(ncisp) the issue is YOUR isp not nc. if its beyond that point its NC.

I might add that during any connection tests you will not see the actual server as end destination as the server most often blocks(to prevent possible ddos attacks) that connection from coming through. Your test ends at the last known location before you enter the actual servers location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   
3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I am from belgium and i play in NA :).

anyway there is one thing you need to understand:

 

If you do a connection test you see every point and its ping.

It will be like: you -> point1(your ISP) -> point2(your isp) ->.....-> point1(NC isp) -> point2 (nc isp) -> server

If you  see a spike anywhere before point1(ncisp) or a spike in the transition from your last point into point1(ncisp) the issue is YOUR isp not nc. if its beyond that point its NC.

I ran pingplotter for the IP's provided by support, and those were perfectly fine.
20 ms roundtime… I understand how a network works... 
Also if it would be my isp i'd have the same issue if I would connect to another server nearby the server location, which I don't.

 

Also I know people from many different countries around Europe and they all have the same issue ;/

Edited by SkFy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SkFy said:

I ran pingplotter for the IP's provided by support, and those were perfectly fine.
20 ms roundtime… I understand how a network works... 
Also if it would be my isp i'd have the same issue if I would connect to another server nearby the server location, which I don't.

 

Also I know people from many different countries around Europe and they all have the same issue ;/

Please do explain it, in a full scale of how it work, no copy paste from google, but in your own words. thx

Edited by SayhaSeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   
7 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Please do explain it, in a full scale of how it work, no copy paste from google, but in your own words. thx

Not here to argue about what I know about networks, if anything I say is wrong feel free to correct me otherwise don't bother.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this