Do Summoners still get a bad rep? Originally wanted to make it my main, but too afraid.

Kakujima

Hi guys, when I first started playing B&S, my first char was a Sum and I loved everything about it. This was maybe back in 2016 and then afterwards I stopped playing for a verrrry long time. Just recently came back in July of 2018. Since that day, I created a new Sum and got it to lvl 55.

From what I heard, Summoners get a bad rep in PVP. It's been known as the most hated class overall. And not to mention, Warden is starting to get hated on, too. At least the second hated class right next to Sum, lol.

Should I main Sum anyways despite the hate from the community? Also on a sidenote, do you guys have any idea on when the next class rebalancing patch will be? Perhaps if they buffed all the classes and leave Sum the way it is, everyone can finally stop complaining. Frankly, I always believe in fairplay, so the devs should definitely do something about it.

Sum is now at lower-tier in term of pvp. Sure, they can still bully noobs, but so do some other classes. 

People now shift their hatred from Sum to the whole Lyn race, cuz of the well-to-do neighbor Blade Dancer, and the fact that NCSoft keeps giving new classes to Lyn. 

Just stop listening to other people's whining. They will never stop ranting when they see a Lyn, Summoner or not. 

Nah "pvp summoners" are still a thing and it has nothing to see with the lyn race. It is still indeed the most hated class in pvp with warden since its broken (one can walk his way to gold very easily). Once gold or higher rank it's a different story. If you look at the pvp ranking the 2nd 3rd and 4th best players are all warden then 5th is a summoner for a reason.

21 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Sum is now at lower-tier in term of pvp. Sure, they can still bully noobs, but so do some other classes.

No it is not lower-tier at all. Just look at the EU 1v1 Summoner ladder, then tell me it's low-tier. There are 15 Summoners in 1900+, compared to 16 Wardens in 1900+ atm. It has insane aerial damage with an unescapeable launch if done right, can PvE down spin classes, target abuse with the cat, the cat can CC opponents even when the summoner is CCd. It's absolutely not lower-tier.

People now shift their hatred from Sum to the whole Lyn race, cuz of the well-to-do neighbor Blade Dancer, and the fact that NCSoft keeps giving new classes to Lyn. 

Blade Dancer is in a worse spot than Summoner is atm in PvP. As a quick comparison, there are 2 BD characters in 1900+ 1v1 rating right now.

Just stop listening to other people's whining. They will never stop ranting when they see a Lyn, Summoner or not. 

People are complaining about the Summoner class having some broken aspects, not about the race. It's the same reason people are complaining about Warden.

Why are you worried about what others think? Worry about what you think about yourself and don't give a care about what others want to think or say.

The class that is most fun to you you should play, rather people like it or not. Listen, you're never going to be happiest if you follow what others say all the time,

do what you love, play what you want, have fun and your friends, if they play, will not judge you for doing this.

@Estellia +1 to this tho. If you like a class, just play it no matter what anyone else says. After all, it's you playing that class, not anyone else. Maybe some people will flame you sometimes in PvP, but if you're having fun it doesn't really matter. You're playing a game and you're supposed to have fun so play whichever class you like.

Archived