Tell me Why I should do the Anniversary Token Event

prietess

"Everyone here on the Blade & Soul team would like to give a huge “thank you” to our community for your support and passion for the game. We hope you feel as proud as we do as we celebrate our 3rd Anniversary, and we look forward to this year being the best yet! Join the party when Blade & Soul’s 3rd Anniversary Festival arrives on January 16!" said the Patch notes.

When I read the paragraph above, I feel excited, oh my GOSH oh my Gosh, anniversary yayyyyy! This event is gonna be great Yayyyy!

But after knowing the anniversary token event (not MSP event), I don't know for you, I can hardly find any motivation to do this 3rd anniversary event (the Zulia challenge) because of the very bad reward list.

Like, seriously, you need ~4days to get 10 anniversary tokens and can only get 1 Legendary element/jewel from it? Are you serious? And, weeklies don't offer coins too.

I am not very into costumes and I am pretty sure many of the community are not too (surely, some people are very into cosmetics), so what can motivate me to do the anniversary token event that the GM has been trying to promote so much with that well-written paragraph above?  Zulia challenge everyday?

I asked my friends and they all said they will skip the anniversary token event, totally waste of time. They will probably just do the MSP event.

3 minutes ago, Fiana said:

the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ you're talking about? you do event aniv quest for the costume edge

and from msp event we get flower or SS

Any other event offers more fair reward list lol.

Not all want costume, and has no other choice to choose from.

The **** you are talking about?

The amusing thing about the 3rd anniversary event is you literally don't have to focus on it and you get tokens for it, as long as you are trying to maximize your reward from the MSP event.  The dungeons that give you the 2 tokens for the MSP event, also give you tokens for the third anniversary event, thus making it so you can get the costumes for basically free. 

The reason to run the zulia part of the quest is A) it is so easy to finish after running the special dungeon of the day, and B) the box, if I am remembering right, have a similar drop table to that of TOM, so it could be that you are guaranteed a jewel or a evolve stone.  But I cant remember if they said on stream or not so we will have to wait till tomorrow to see if the chest is any good.

1 hour ago, prietess said:

Any other event offers more fair reward list lol.

Not all want costume, and has no other choice to choose from.

The **** you are talking about?

there are only costume in aniv event quest... main quest event is the msp, you can get sacred vial from there read again the patch note please,

if you don't need the costume, you can skip it aniv event and focus to msp but you'll have to wait for a bit long time for it to appear again in f10 and now you must buy it with ncoin

there are 2 event after patch, aniv event and msp event, it's completly seperated event

the patch is garb..... and shouldnt take 5 minutes for mt to implement it, its like 1 paragraph of patch noes minus the copy and paste ..... they couldve done way better its there birthday i see better patch roll outs in dead season .....

1 hour ago, i wanna die said:

Idk i heard you can get tt and vt soulshields for cheaper with this event but idk. I did it yeaterday but got only 1 vt soulshield

Its not "cheaper"...its an alternative to get them if yuo cannot get into the raids. Ofc if you go the route with solar energies it will take a lot of grind. If you farm MSP 1-6 you are better off and you get it faster.

After a few stage 6 kills yesterday i can already get another TT piece to max mine out.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:20 PM, Fiana said:

there are only costume in aniv event quest... main quest event is the msp, you can get sacred vial from there read again the patch note please,

if you don't need the costume, you can skip it aniv event and focus to msp but you'll have to wait for a bit long time for it to appear again in f10 and now you must buy it with ncoin

there are 2 event after patch, aniv event and msp event, it's completly seperated event

I know about the MSP event and its reward list lol.

What I am saying is the anniversary part is giving reward list that is not balanced enough between costumes and non-cosmetics.

You can say: then do the MSP event and get your non-cosmetics rewards.

Then I will say: then why have a separate event from the start, why not just combine it to one event with single event token/coin?

Thats why i said the anniversary part is not good enough and yes im not going to focus on it.

4 hours ago, RavTH said:

tbh I just did hh to get 2 coins and buy the 3rd anniversary cap cake so I have 1, 2 and 3 ._ .

^ another one person who is not going to be focusing on the anniversary event (NOT msp event)

Its just not appealing enough, while on the other hand this is ANNIVERSARY event that is SUPPOSED TO BE GREAT (CELEBRATING birthday is not supposed to be great/special?)

But it is just totally MEH rn unless they change the reward list next week.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, Kicca said:

dont you need legendary jewels and elements?!?!

I need, but spending time killing the 3 bosses (you at least need to kill 1-2 extra excluding one of them inside the MSP event token) is not worth the time.

And you need 3-4 days just to exchange coins with 1pcs of leg element/jewel, which you can buy from dragon express for 10-15g (with SSC+SC). I think not good enough for ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION.

Kind of torn on this

I really appreciate the enthusiasm behind it, it really does seem like thought and care was put into it. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...my boyfriend was just as disappointed as OP. I thought the event was ok, but upon to listening to him I could see it from his perspective as well.

He told me that he logged in excited thinking there would be amazing prizes to work toward..but there wasnt. The best prizes are in the RNG boxes. I think part of the problem is...the set given out for this event is veryyy  particular. Very shiny and chrome. It's only going to appeal to some-which all costumes are like that, and that's why it's good to have more than one up as prizes. The rest of the prizes as OP said just werent the best....they werent great deals really. Nothing worth doing it every day excitedly at all. That's what we're after. Excitement, something to get the blood rushing and the teeth showing.

It's very very incredibly nice that the wings had a decent droprate and we were able to buy the illusions and things off each other, that's very very good!! but that's gold and money not all players can so easily spend. I don't know. This event was so-so. Beautiful presentation, and then kind of a wompwomp losing horn upon implementation.

I think some of you miss something:

Currently MSP is also part of the anniversary event as MSP right now gives double loot it normally does. So oyu have the Zulias Request daily and MSP Double loot for the anniversary event. Once anniversary event is over MSP loot will only reward 1 box.

Archived