How is Blade & Soul Doing?

Riye

So, to start things off:

I've been following Blade & Soul for a very long time and I remember the day that NCSOFT announced they were publishing Blade & Soul for NA. I also can recall how thriving it was when it was first released (like most games after release) and I have had a fair share of breaks from this game due to underlining issues. To get to the point, I guess my question is how is Blade & Soul doing? After I have figured how to solve some FPS issues in the past with this game I then decided to invest my time to play this game again. I do enjoy every second while playing. What I have noticed though is a decline in popularity and people saying the player base has dropped and this game is "dying". I really hate seeing this because anytime a "dying game" is brought up, the game actually ends up dying a few years later and there goes a good game I loved and enjoyed. I have seen this happen many times. What I'd like to know is if NCSOFT would ever just "pull the plug"? I hate sounding like a child crying over a game like ToonTown closing but in all honesty, I'd hate to see this version of the game shut down in a few years due to a decrease in population. I love this game and many others do too. Obviously NCSOFT in probably doing their best to try and make changes to try and attract their audience back - like the new class which brought my back. 

I just really want to express how devastating it will be to see this game crash and burn. It's honestly a master piece and is still on a level of other MMORPGS that have been released and this game is much older than they are. 

People say theis game is dying ever since it released, people say each game is dying because they have nothing better to do.

Bottom line:

When the game released there was a huge playerbase, like with every new released game, then as time passes some decide the game is not for them, some find other games they play more important, some quit because they dont like something....all of this is normal, and that does not mean the game is dying.

People take breaks, leave and come back with new content or events. Also a lot depends on the time zones aswel, as its not a game where you will see the same population at every hour of the day, thats unrealistic. There is still a lot of players playing the game, and there are new players coming each day.

I wouldnt say ncsoft is doing "their best" but they are trying, biggest issue is most people here ask for ridiculous things or free handout, or asking to get things nerfed to the ground because they dont want to put in effort and want things free.

The game aint dying any more than it was when it released.

@Riye I left the game Oct 2017 because of the excessively long and tedious grind for upgrading and obtaining materials for said upgrades. When I heard they overhauled this and made it far more player friendly and exceedingly faster to upgrade I returned. I've seen numerous players announcing in chat they've returned for similar reasons.

While there will always be the 'naysayers,' you cannot give any value over what they bemoan the game about. There will be those who, for whatever reason, will try to ruin the fun for others. Team Bloodlust / NCsoft are heavily invested in Blade and Soul NA. They wouldn't be planning on further updates for the game that we see in Korea or upgrading the engine to Unreal 4 if the game was "dying" as these soothsayers are prophesying.

As a "surviving player" of CoH/CoV when NCsoft pulled the plug, I can tell you that they will announce if and when they are going to do such a thing giving us a time period for when the event will happen. Until that happens, ignore those who run around crying wolf or holding signs screaming "The End Is Near!" :wink:

The game is far from dying it is one of NCSOFT's most popular games regardless of what many people post on here, so no wont be going anywhere for a while yet sadly just to many Snowflakes play it and want to nerf the crap out of it but hey what can you do *sigh*.

Archived