Sign in to follow this  
CrusaderFoxtrot

New player here. Are the outfits just cosmetic items or they actually change something in the stats?

My stubborn friend (who's also new to this game) believes that the outfit buffs your stats. Even though i've already checked the wiki (where it says the outfit is just cosmetic), he keeps saying the opposite. Can someone say that it's actually cosmetic so that i can print it and send the print to him? The poor guy spent like one hour and a half trying to drop the full jiangshi set saying he needed better equipment. He truly needs help.

9 minutes ago, CrusaderFoxtrot said:

My stubborn friend (who's also new to this game) believes that the outfit buffs your stats. Even though i've already checked the wiki (where it says the outfit is just cosmetic), he keeps saying the opposite. Can someone say that it's actually cosmetic so that i can print it and send the print to him? The poor guy spent like one hour and a half trying to drop the full jiangshi set saying he needed better equipment. He truly needs help.

Outfits are only for fashion, nothing more. 

Inqui   

Yes and no at the same time.

No outfit grants any stats (other than some specific faction costumes triggers pvp against opposite player faction), but they do have one specific effect, and that is:

As long you do NOT have any outfit equipped, all your soul shields have no effect. As long you do wear any outfit, soul shield effect is active.

Kozuki   

They offer not stats.

However, some of them gives a special title when equipped. Some even gives a special icon on title, but it requires you to whale.

Aylis   
On 1/7/2019 at 1:16 PM, CrusaderFoxtrot said:

Outfits are purely for cosmetic only. No outfits change any stats.

I wonder though if your friend is confused on one thing. Most of our stats come from whatever soul shield we have equipped. However we have to be wearing some outfit for the soul shield stats to take effect. It doesn't matter what the outfit is, as long as an outfit is equipped.