Lag/Disconnection issues

Bl00df4ng

So over the past month or so, I have been plagued by a massive number of Disconnections and lag spikes whilst playing the game, especially when doing weekly dungeons. More than often I have been so anxious of doing my weeklies and the current event simply because I doubt my ability to stay logged in. I currently have a record of disconnecting 3 times within 30 minutes, once in every dungeon from SJF to DKV. There was even I time I disconnected three times in a row in Ebondrake Citadel, which made it ridiculously difficult in completing my dailies. I have gone from expecting lag to expecting a disconnection everytime I log in. In addition, my game's performance seems to now have dipped to my previous sytem that didn't have the support necessary to run the game as efficiently as I had in October and November 2018.

What truly worries me though is that this issue seems to have randomly appeared. And I have already confirmed the following:

- My computer is more than enough to support the game's requirements

- While I am playing from Asia, I had no such issues in the months of October and November 2018, while these issues only began in early to mid December 2018

- Other games I play have not had the same issues

- While there was an issue with my internet router, my ISP's engineer confirmed that it is not the cause considering the aforementioned above.

All of this therefore points to an issue with the Blade and Soul servers, even more so since this issue seems to have occurred following the Patch that added Dreamsong Theatre into the game.

Currently, NCSoft support stands by their statement that their servers are running at their optimum. However, I would like to ask if any of you out there have experienced the same issues. I have already met players in-game that have complained of the same problems I have had, along with them experiencing it for the same time span. Please tell me of how you may have solved this or if what you have done has not done anything.

And finally to the NCSoft development team, while I do not doubt that you maintain the game, I am not exactly confident if your servers are actually running at maximum efficiency. If this finds you, I hope you will invest a little more time to ensuring the proper performance of the servers so many other players like me can have an enjoyable and anxiety-free game experience.

Archived