Sign in to follow this  
StrykerGaming

Crafting?

Recommended Posts

I'd post this in the Crafting forum; however, they appear dead.

 

My question is this; crafting still happening? Is there a guide to the new crafting? I'm a bit confused to what's happened to crafting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

There is nothing really to be confused about. They removed some of the crafting professions and shuffled the others around.

Crafting can still be profitable if you know what to craft and supply / demand.

 

Just look at what the different professions offer and take those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No confusion? 2 years ago there was an introductory mission to crafting. Now, now there is nothing. None of the crafting reps are showing a mission. There is nothing to let you know that you can pick up your crafting skills at Jadestone Village. Confusing wouldn't you agree? Thankfully, a few individuals in my faction helped clear up what was needed in way of getting things done.

 

For those that don't know, you go directly to the crafting representatives and talk to them even though the no longer have any mission marker to pick up. Find the ones that you want to join, then do so. Choose the ones that will help you or those that you can help your clan or make some extra coin with.

Edited by StrykerGaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
2 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

No confusion? 2 years ago there was an introductory mission to crafting. Now, now there is nothing. None of the crafting reps are showing a mission. There is nothing to let you know that you can pick up your crafting skills at Jadestone Village. Confusing wouldn't you agree? Thankfully, a few individuals in my faction helped clear up what was needed in way of getting things done.

 

For those that don't know, you go directly to the crafting representatives and talk to them even though the no longer have any mission marker to pick up. Find the ones that you want to join, then do so. Choose the ones that will help you or those that you can help your clan or make some extra coin with.

Those werent actual crafting quests, those were gathering quests, but gathering was removed, so logically the quests followed.

There is still a quest that introdyces you to the crafting profession itself, this is if i remember good a blue qyest which most people skip because they just follow the story .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

There is still a quest that introdyces you to the crafting profession itself, this is if i remember good a blue qyest which most people skip because they just follow the story .

I thought there was one too; however, I just ran through (a few days ago) with my new Gunslinger and did not see a quest even for that. Hence, my coming to the forums asking about crafting.

As a follow up, with these changes, do I need to return all my alts, main included, back to the reps to pick up crafting again or they still retain the professions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The quest is a letter you receive around level 50 called Craft King's Court and takes place in Zaiwei.  It is a bit confusing for new players since you can start crafting as soon as you hit Jadestone around level 15ish give or take a few levels but don't get the crafting introduction quest til 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavTH   

crafting is for high geared players with alot of materials, for new players crafting is a gold sink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kroshak   
14 hours ago, RavTH said:

crafting is for high geared players with alot of materials, for new players crafting is a gold sink.

got my leggo badge with this and im not that geared so........... There are more variables than just "duh Whale"

 

First the material sources, at the beginning, pretty much you are going to buy them from the market, no real surprise here, as long as they are at a decent rate/price profit can be made (not huge amounts but still something you just set and forget until the next day) and selling off the market is better than using the ingame tab

Second if you follow the first step only producing the last number (example the transformation stones 35) is where you can make some profit, if you can gather your material then obviously it doesnt apply 

Third the initial investment is actually pretty high in the eyes of a  new player that just decided to enter and not search for any guides

Fourth the rare element farm, this is one of the biggest hurdles, getting them are not easy and taking in mind that the first  dungeon where you do have a chance of getting them is NS and is % a chance as well, its a huge wall (could be fixed if they added the material elements for peaches maybe)

Fifth and the BIGGEST drawback after the rare elements, the selling prices, this happens on every mmo tbh so no surprise here, people just putting their merchandise at a lower price, its not a big deal when its for a small quantity but then suddenly you get the guy that drops it to the freaking ground and then well, welcome to mmo economy

 

To be completely honest, do it if you are doing your maths right and second if you can afford to gather the rare elements, if not the other best ways to get some gold (outside of dailies) are getting maybe one or to pals and run the old purples no one runs anymore (from soguns below) and maybe zaiwei ruins, not a hard place but if you dont have at least decen ap is going to be long to solo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this