Content from RNG boxes for Belgian players.

Onbekend

@Youmukon @Liinxy 

How will Belgian, and possibly other nation's players in the future, be able to gain content exclusive to RNG boxes? Though it's likely only cosmetics, I don't find it fair to block out an entire nation of the rewards, only so you can keep selling these boxes. Especially since generally, the cosmetics contained by these boxes look a dozen times better than the ones which aren't.

How will you make this content accessible to players from Belgium, and future nations that will follow?

(VPN is not an option)

This is what happens when you play with fire. For a long time now, and this isn't Blade and Soul only by the way don't worry, all this "RNG this, RNG that" would end up backfiring. 

I play another game than BnS, tho it's not at the same level at all (triple A game) and specially not the same genre (tactical FPS) but literally : when "rng lootboxes" are released, let's say there's 20 items to collect, you'll never need more than 20 packs to HOPE to get the whole thing as there's no duplicate item f.e.

Why not make the same kind of thing for Blade and Soul ? Along RNG boxes there's those items you can collect to exchange via. Dragon Express to get some specific items as well so maybe this should be look into for more positive feedback. ^^

it's not exactly hard to bypass this 'restriction'. I doubt that NCsoft will make it harder for players to do it either. I mean why would they? Also this change will actually give NCsoft an edge in justifying certain changes that will benefit them more. They won't be feeling anything by this so called ban on rng features, since many players will bypass it one way or another.

I just tried once those boxes on another company whose addicted to this vicious practice, total bullshit (sorry).

I hope many other countries will follow, no matter how you look at it, this will be a huge loss if they keep using that business model of shame.

Also who would like to waste more time on bypassing those restrictions when you are not even sure having what you're expecting anyway.

:YeharaBig::YeharaBig::YeharaBig:

The solution to this is simple, my friends.

Trove exclusive items (like cosmetics) should ALL be sellable via the market.

This is something that I feel should have always been so anyway.

It is NOT right to FORCE everyone to gamble. It's actually very shameful to begin with. No matter how you look at it, its gambling. and gambling is frowned upon in most countries/societies. A good company doesnt need to rely on cheap tactics like that to earn money. You should be earning money because people love your game and want to support you, not because they feel they have no choice and barely even like the game. Work on your product and you won't need to swindle people out of money.

Lecture aside though,

Cosmetics should be sellable on the market WAY more often.

You want people to stay and continue playing. You can't have every good thing be a "only if you drop 100bucks!!"

Honey, we'll all quit. Blade and Soul is cute but it's not the only cute game out there, don't get ahead of yourselves. 

Don't play hard to get if you're hard to even want.

Trove needs to die out and focus on making playing the game actual worthwhile needs to return.

I dont want to gamble for costumes, I want to play the game, earn the gold and buy it. I dont want save gold for 1 month to buy 1 costume and be broke again, I want to do my dailies and by the end of like 2 or 3 days have my costume just like I used to in Silverfrost days. Anyway though those are just my thoughts. Looking forward to gambling in games being banned in NA!!

11 hours ago, Showta said:

:YeharaBig::YeharaBig::YeharaBig:

The solution to this is simple, my friends.

Trove exclusive items (like cosmetics) should ALL be sellable via the market.

This is something that I feel should have always been so anyway.

It is NOT right to FORCE everyone to gamble. It's actually very shameful to begin with. No matter how you look at it, its gambling. and gambling is frowned upon in most countries/societies. A good company doesnt need to rely on cheap tactics like that to earn money. You should be earning money because people love your game and want to support you, not because they feel they have no choice and barely even like the game. Work on your product and you won't need to swindle people out of money.

Lecture aside though,

Cosmetics should be sellable on the market WAY more often.

You want people to stay and continue playing. You can't have every good thing be a "only if you drop 100bucks!!"

Honey, we'll all quit. Blade and Soul is cute but it's not the only cute game out there, don't get ahead of yourselves. 

Don't play hard to get if you're hard to even want.

Trove needs to die out and focus on making playing the game actual worthwhile needs to return.

I dont want to gamble for costumes, I want to play the game, earn the gold and buy it. I dont want save gold for 1 month to buy 1 costume and be broke again, I want to do my dailies and by the end of like 2 or 3 days have my costume just like I used to in Silverfrost days. Anyway though those are just my thoughts. Looking forward to gambling in games being banned in NA!!

I cannot agree more ^.^

On 04/01/2019 at 7:32 PM, Deadly Intent said:

And once that happens you can set your countdown timer for the end of BnS (in NA/EU).

wait till new mmos will release, bdo,bns population will drop dramatically if they don't do anything for their past mistakes.

This isn't the playerbase's fault to be honest this is purely down to the like's of NCsoft and other publishers/developers (LOOKING AT YOU EA) pissing off enough people that legislators and other regulators are going to begin moving against these companies for predatory tactics. One of the problem's NC's management has expecially regarding the hongmoon store setup sometimes and EXPECIALLY the trove is that it's literally designed to push people to spend ridiculous amount's of money. This kind of predatory tactic is what's landing NCsoft in trouble to begin with people are really fed up, we love our games we like the aesthetic design of the like's of BDO but thing's like the trove (expecially making costumes ridiculously hard to get unless you spend hundreds of Euro not just a hundred) are basically toxic both designwise and community wise.

I wont deny I spend a hundred odd on the trove since I had the money to spare and I'm able to walk away once I feel I'm being BS'd (also making costumes with ridiculous low chances don't make me spend more I'm not playing any more trove's because of that last one only giving me one costume NC now u get no money from me over that!) but there's others out there who will spend far too much landing themselves in financial trouble and thus NC gets legal action because of it.

NC management need to simply realise that we do like our games we invest time and money in them if we like them BUT we also are tired of blatently predatory mechanics like RNG boxes and that those designs are deliberatly exploitative and ruin both game and community so stop being so damn greedy NC!

3 hours ago, Raiya said:

This isn't the playerbase's fault to be honest this is purely down to the like's of NCsoft and other publishers/developers (LOOKING AT YOU EA) pissing off enough people that legislators and other regulators are going to begin moving against these companies for predatory tactics. One of the problem's NC's management has expecially regarding the hongmoon store setup sometimes and EXPECIALLY the trove is that it's literally designed to push people to spend ridiculous amount's of money. This kind of predatory tactic is what's landing NCsoft in trouble to begin with people are really fed up, we love our games we like the aesthetic design of the like's of BDO but thing's like the trove (expecially making costumes ridiculously hard to get unless you spend hundreds of Euro not just a hundred) are basically toxic both designwise and community wise.

I wont deny I spend a hundred odd on the trove since I had the money to spare and I'm able to walk away once I feel I'm being BS'd (also making costumes with ridiculous low chances don't make me spend more I'm not playing any more trove's because of that last one only giving me one costume NC now u get no money from me over that!) but there's others out there who will spend far too much landing themselves in financial trouble and thus NC gets legal action because of it.

NC management need to simply realise that we do like our games we invest time and money in them if we like them BUT we also are tired of blatently predatory mechanics like RNG boxes and that those designs are deliberatly exploitative and ruin both game and community so stop being so damn greedy NC!

Well, it is all the players fault. We as gamers are to blame for all the lootboxes and payed DLC´s. We cant hold it in our pants (pun intended) and need to throw money at things just to get somewhere faster. For years we wanted to keep the goverment out of games because we did not want censorship and we let gaming companies run rampart when they saw that gamers would put up with all kinds of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

Now we are where we are, and I for one am glad that goverments are stepping in and banning this insane rng lootbox nonsense. I hope that all of the other countries follow.

Blaming a company for feeding off of its playerbase is hypocritical, it is all of us who let them.  You are all to blame for the greedy nature of these game companies.

They will not do anything is NCS what are you thinking.

NCS 2018 Wildstar shutdown

MXM shutdown  (is in 18 or 17? I'm not sure)  

Some bets in what they are going to shutdown in 2019?

Archived