Jump to content
Forums

[SUGGESTION] Psyches should be more accesible


Recommended Posts

As title says, I think we should be able to get Psyches easier, right now we depend on HM or Challenge mode to get them, and not everyone can get a static group for this, there are schedule conflicts, lack of time and other issues, and F8 is a joke, people can barely do Normal mode.


This is the same situation as when we got Legendary drops on DT, EC, NF. Some peple doing hundreds of runs to not see the drop, while others did a few runs and got the thing. The solution was Cores. So what if we apply the same solution?


I honestly believe that 100 Cores + Gold or/plus Scales per Psyche would be a fair price (is just an example, could be less or more?), at least you can get some progress on Pyches everyday, compared to 0 progress as now. Also they should be added to NM, I agree HM should be rewarding, but not like having something so good locked and preventing most players from getting them.

F8 is so dead now, is even hard to get NM groups sometimes, I feel player base is dropping and something must be done, and this is the kind of things that should help the players to be motivated to play.

:two:

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, they should stay as they are. If you cannot go a HM dungeon, for which you do not even need a static, as there are plenty HM parties in F8 with actually experienced players, then you do not deserve a psyche. These are an additional maxing option as reward for those that do hard mode dungeons, so if you want it, go do hard modes and stop asking for free handouts.

 

We must be playing a different game cause whenever i go into F8 its loaded with recruitment messages that the chat cant even keep up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They already are getting more accessible.  You can now get psyches from NS, IF, and EL normal modes since they removed the hard modes.  As they remove more hard modes in the future you'll get access to more psyches from normal modes.  Until then you'll just have to deal with doing hard modes and challenge modes to get the current best psyches.  Asking for them to let you get the current best in slot psyches outside of the current end game hard mode dungeons is like asking them to let you get your TT gear without going into TT when it's still the current end game raid.  It's just not going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or, let professions/clan crafting to be able to craft them in one way or other. These features are very neglected due to events/rng boxes keep giving away items with the same/better quality than crafted ones. Some give-away items are not even accessible outside of these sources. I don't remember the last time I have to craft revival/mass revival charms, since events keep giving them away. Or, even raid revival charms that are not craftable. Or those raid elixirs that can be only gotten through events/F10...

 

Clan crafting receives nearly no update after Clan Outfits. The last thing added to clan crafting is HM Point Scrolls, which costs an arm and a leg. Maybe a few more Lyn tails too.

 

So yeah, as NCSoft is trying to focus on Life Contents to get players' mind away from dungeon spam, maybe it is time to revise these features and make them more integrate to the game.

 

Btw, do you know how Garena handles Psyche? Basically, psyche drops from dungeons/raids (normal mode too), and can be upgrade by tier (no RNG bullsh*t). Whale tiers, of course, costs a lot, but you can still get a more affordable tier where it still offers you some stats. While Garena's model is not exactly a grind-friendly model (you need to grind a lot still, just a different kind of grind), NCSoft can still learn something from it.

 

Edited by Kozuki
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No, they should stay as they are. If you cannot go a HM dungeon, for which you do not even need a static, as there are plenty HM parties in F8 with actually experienced players, then you do not deserve a psyche. These are an additional maxing option as reward for those that do hard mode dungeons, so if you want it, go do hard modes and stop asking for free handouts.

 

We must be playing a different game cause whenever i go into F8 its loaded with recruitment messages that the chat cant even keep up.

So you are saying that you go F8 and is full of HM runs? yeah, we play different games then. Even if you create the group, it takes a lot of time and luck to get full.

This way of thinkig is so selfish and it's what's killing the game. And who is asking for free things here?? I said progress, even if is 4 times slower, players should be rewarded for their effort/time, rather than luck or wallet size. Even TT gear can be obtained by paying for a carry run, I don't see why Pyches should be locked on HM which not everyone can do, and not because gear, I'm talking about time or other reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Xzard said:

So you are saying that you go F8 and is full of HM runs? yeah, we play different games then. Even if you create the group, it takes a lot of time and luck to get full.

This way of thinkig is so selfish and it's what's killing the game. And who is asking for free things here?? I said progress, even if is 4 times slower, players should be rewarded for their effort/time, rather than luck or wallet size. Even TT gear can be obtained by paying for a carry run, I don't see why Pyches should be locked on HM which not everyone can do, and not because gear, I'm talking about time or other reasons.

There are hard mode lobbies there. and if there arent and i want to do one i start a lobby myself, which btw you can also do i always try to make a group via F7 on the server itself.

 

Here you go, you say it yourself "Players should be rewarded for theior effort/ time" thats what the psyches are, they are the reward for the effort of clearing a hard mode dungeon, which means they should stay as reward for those and not be obtainable in easier ways. also psyches is a conveniance and a nice to have, its not required for any content in the game.

What is selfish is you using an excuse like "dont have time" or "other reasons" well..fine, if you cant runa  HM, you cant, thats that. a game should not change to accomodate your own issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Enigmatic Reaper said:

They already are getting more accessible.  You can now get psyches from NS, IF, and EL normal modes since they removed the hard modes.  As they remove more hard modes in the future you'll get access to more psyches from normal modes.  Until then you'll just have to deal with doing hard modes and challenge modes to get the current best psyches.  Asking for them to let you get the current best in slot psyches outside of the current end game hard mode dungeons is like asking them to let you get your TT gear without going into TT when it's still the current end game raid.  It's just not going to happen.

That's just misinformation; NS IF EL never dropped psyches.

 

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No, they should stay as they are. If you cannot go a HM dungeon, for which you do not even need a static, as there are plenty HM parties in F8 with actually experienced players, then you do not deserve a psyche. These are an additional maxing option as reward for those that do hard mode dungeons, so if you want it, go do hard modes and stop asking for free handouts.

 

We must be playing a different game cause whenever i go into F8 its loaded with recruitment messages that the chat cant even keep up.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

There are hard mode lobbies there. and if there arent and i want to do one i start a lobby myself, which btw you can also do i always try to make a group via F7 on the server itself.

 

Here you go, you say it yourself "Players should be rewarded for theior effort/ time" thats what the psyches are, they are the reward for the effort of clearing a hard mode dungeon, which means they should stay as reward for those and not be obtainable in easier ways. also psyches is a conveniance and a nice to have, its not required for any content in the game.

What is selfish is you using an excuse like "dont have time" or "other reasons" well..fine, if you cant runa  HM, you cant, thats that. a game should not change to accomodate your own issues.

Someone recruiting for HM is seen less often than bigfoot. Recruiting for HM in F8 takes about an hour to gather 6 people & odds are they will dump the group at the first sign of trouble.

And remember that IF you do somehow clear it's a 25% chance at best of a psyche dropping and that you'll need more than one per accessory.  At this is point it's not a question if psyche's should or shouldn't be acquired without going thru hard mode. It's a question if Hard mode should even still be a thing.

I'm sorry but my time is better spent clearing TT where I know something is gonna gonna drop rather than this hard mode bull-❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I think you are missinformed but those dungeons drop psyches....

ok my bad then, I was certain that they didn't drop below SSM. Still my argument against HM dungeons stands. investing TT levels of effort for a chance at gear isn't what I would call viable. Not to mention that all the instant death mechanics that are already present in NM and that only get worse in HM are great examples of bad dungeon design.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just created group for the 2 easiest HM dungeons, SM and HH
Results:

SM
15min to make
around 10 people joined and left
almost wipe
no one did  mechs
10mins clear

HH
17mins to make

like 20 ppl joined and left
1 wipe 1st boss
4 wipes last boss
30mins to clear
 

My DPS and ress charms carried the most, around 1 hour to clear both, trash loot, It's just a stupid waste of time. In 1 hour you can do like 6 NM dungeons.

The region is just too stupid to do mechs and everyone has trash DPS, this is not KR, the state of the game is too hard to get decent groups. Only static groups is a good option for HM runs, and not everyone can find people for that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xzard said:

I just created group for the 2 easiest HM dungeons, SM and HH
Results:

SM
15min to make
around 10 people joined and left
almost wipe
no one did  mechs
10mins clear

HH
17mins to make

like 20 ppl joined and left
1 wipe 1st boss
4 wipes last boss
30mins to clear
 

My DPS and ress charms carried the most, around 1 hour to clear both, trash loot, It's just a stupid waste of time. In 1 hour you can do like 6 NM dungeons.

The region is just too stupid to do mechs and everyone has trash DPS, this is not KR, the state of the game is too hard to get decent groups. Only static groups is a good option for HM runs, and not everyone can find people for that. 

Exactly and It only gets worse for harder HM dungeons. I'm gonna say this for the 100th time but I don't care, Ditch the HM dungeon system and bring back 4-man mode in NA, slightly higher stats on the bosses, maybe 1 or 2 attacks added to basic rotation & one more mechanic phase, nothing more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RagingPhenix said:

ok my bad then, I was certain that they didn't drop below SSM. Still my argument against HM dungeons stands. investing TT levels of effort for a chance at gear isn't what I would call viable. Not to mention that all the instant death mechanics that are already present in NM and that only get worse in HM are great examples of bad dungeon design.

thats the entire idea of a hardmode dungeon. If you search for the post, it wasw stated the psyches are a new reward incen tive for people running hard mode dungeons.

So HM dungeons and the Dungeon challenge that was introduced are the only places that award the psyches. which should stay as is. Everything has already been too much dumbed down in this game because of people crying they cant do something. and its not TT leves of effort....RT is easy in HM, you just need people with a brain to do mechanics properly, same with other dungeons.

 

So either get good at the hardmodes, find a better clan that you can have those runs with, make more friends, w/e but just stop crying and making a "You" problem into a game problem, cause it isnt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 10:21 AM, Grimoir said:

thats the entire idea of a hardmode dungeon. If you search for the post, it wasw stated the psyches are a new reward incen tive for people running hard mode dungeons.

So HM dungeons and the Dungeon challenge that was introduced are the only places that award the psyches. which should stay as is. Everything has already been too much dumbed down in this game because of people crying they cant do something. and its not TT leves of effort....RT is easy in HM, you just need people with a brain to do mechanics properly, same with other dungeons.

 

So either get good at the hardmodes, find a better clan that you can have those runs with, make more friends, w/e but just stop crying and making a "You" problem into a game problem, cause it isnt.

my clan is great, what part of clearing TT did you miss ? also TT is only about as hard as RT normal mode, at least up to boss 3.

either way no one should need to create static groups just to run average dungeons. HM IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Go back to 4-man that actually worked great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RagingPhenix said:

my clan is great, what part of clearing TT did you miss ? also TT is only about as hard as RT normal mode, at least up to boss 3.

either way no one should need to create static groups just to run average dungeons. HM IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Go back to 4-man that actually worked great.

$-man was the equivalent of hard mode currently so i dont see why going back to that would make any difference. and no you do not need a static, I got my psyches for making hm runs in f8 myself,so you can do it to. If you dont want to you should not have a psyche.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...