[SUGGESTION] Bid disabled on duplicate accessories

N0iz

-->  Edit: please note, my suggestion involves only Desolate Tomb, Naryu Foundry and Naryu Sanctum.

So, I did an account to test classes I never used to play. A new account from scratch is a little painful from a certain point on if  you want to gear fast without investing money or sending materials from main accounts.

With 'The Dead Refuse to Die' quest we do have some help gaining 200 Draken Cores but we all know we need at least 100 more in order to get Bracelet + belt + necklace.

I have experienced 3 times on 3 legendary drops that players full geared (or with the accessory already) bid on the necklace/belt/bracelet only for greedy purpose.

One can bid 10 or 20 gold but more it would be a waste of hard earned currency to be honest.

My suggestion is to let only people without the legendary accessory bid, disable the bid option from party people that already have them (also if they have it in their inventory/stash - too easy if they just unequip to bid)  edit: again, only for Desolate Tomb, Naryu Foundry and Naryu Sanctum.

Accessories that drop from almost dead dungeons are no bound to account already and can't be sent to alts so it wouldn't hurt anybody but leechers or unfair, greedy players, letting alts gear up a little more easily.

Just my two cents

I do get the dead dungeon part, but they may not be able to do this without affecting raid drops. You need 3 of each legendary accessory to awaken them to level 3, currently there are 3 accessories that do this, ring, earring and necklace, and you need multiple from BT and VT/SK for the tier 2 elementals and also likewise from TT, for the tier 3 elementals. So long as they can separate the two, I see no problem with what you're suggesting, though given that the loot bid system is already ludicrous and antiquated, I seriously doubt it will change.

Of course it should be related only to Desolate Tomb, Naryu Foundry, and Sanctuary (not even Ebondrake Citadel, who cares about the ring), not a general rule; it wouldn't make sense since we do need multiple accessories from other raids.

Edit:

Thinking on that, Devs should be able to work on specific dungeons loot; they did for events and also for the Completion bonus (green leaves) that ensure an extra loot for parties with at least one player that hasn't run that specific dungeon more than 10 times. It involves only Desolate Tomb, Naryu Foundry, Naryu Sanctum, Irontech Forge and Ebondrake Lair so maybe something could be done.

Hell No.  you already get 2 accessories handed out for basically free, If people want to bid, they have every right to do so if they did the run aswel. Locking people out of loot would be blunt unfair.

How would you feel if people asked the same for the new bracelet, or BT / VT gear where you cannot bid unless you have a certain upgrade stage of your gear?

Wouldnt be so fun now would it?

Unfair why? It's stuff they basically trash or it takes an inventory slot. It just encourages bad behavior towards new players/new accounts.

And it should be *strictly* related to those three accessories that drop from dead dungeons, those I mentioned, *not* raids.

We are talking about something that it's not even worth discussing since basically nobody cares about old content. I wouldn't either if I didn't experienced myself only because I had the bad idea to do another account.

It just forces new players/new accounts to stick to content that the majority of people doesn't bother to play.

17 minutes ago, N0iz said:

Unfair why? It's stuff they basically trash or it takes an inventory slot. It just encourages bad behavior towards new players/new accounts.

And it should be *strictly* related to those three accessories that drop from dead dungeons, those I mentioned, *not* raids.

We are talking about something that it's not even worth discussing since basically nobody cares about old content. I wouldn't either if I didn't experienced myself only because I had the bad idea to do another account.

It just forces new players/new accounts to stick to content that the majority of people doesn't bother to play.

ITs not about content, its about principle. You are basically saying to lock people out from loot, even tho they put in the same amount of effort in the dungeon.

It does not matter if its old content, or if its trash, it is still unfair.

Its like making it that you cannot get loot from any raid untill you do a certain amount of damage contribution to the boss, which would lokc out all people trying to buy runs from the loot, because why should they get a VT badge for example if they did not upgrade any of their other gear? Or why should they get the VT necklace if their BT accessories arent even stage 10? This is your way of thinking i am following now.

I do follow your line and I do understand what you mean.

If I stress that it would be for those three  specific dungeons it's because it really feels sick to gear up at this point of the game evolution if you happen to join now.
Not talking about me since I would just do another char on my main account and I would easily throw in everything I need to gear it up instantly but what about those that are new to BnS?

I have been in their shoes and despite the fact that we have two accessories handed out basically for free, most of the times f8 takes ages to fill up DT, NF and NS (for the latter, so many just leave because new players in need of the bracelet fails the mechanics of first boss so you have to tank it with you low geared non tank alt hoping that they understand that they should stop hitting adds if they don't know what they are doing) so gather 100 cores takes weeks if you are lucky.

And guess what? If you want to join a BT raid, unless you are blessed and find those saints that even reset to help out new players, you can't go with Solak gear, 99% of the times your apply is ignored.

If devs decided to hand out two old content accessories and are almost gifting Raven 9 with events, would it be so bad let new players/new accounts get the accessory they need from DT, NF and NS without being trolled? It would help them move on to the next step without being stuck on old content because of greedy kids.

If we want the community grow. Otherwise let's just keep up like that. They probably get bored soon and just play something else.

I agree with Grimoir.

I also think that bidding just to increase the price is greedy, but thinking that you should get something for free just because others already have it is also greedy. The current bidding system is the most fair system there can be for LFG groups. Everyone puts the effort in completing the dungeon => everyone has same right to loot and everyone gets their fair share (the loot or the gold from the bids).
If you think that amount someone else is bidding for item is too low, you can bid what you think is ok and get the loot. If you think it's too high you can pass and get your share of that high amount of gold. There is no need to concern yourself with what the one who won the bid would do with the loot since you've already got your share.

If you don't like the bid system, you can always make a static group where you can agree upon some different looting system.

• NCSOFT

Hello, from a technical standpoint that wouldn't be possible to begin with. There's no way for the game to poll each players' inventory upon loot distribution and apply any kind of server-side restriction to prevent those players to bid on a specific item. Such a process would be extremely convoluted.

The bidding system is fair to all players, whoever pays for an item (regardless if they have a use for it or not) is distributing their own currency back to the rest of the party. It is their right to be able to bid on something or not. It might be seen as greedy but then again it's within what game mechanics are allowing them to do, just like you are allowed to form your own parties with players you know in order to avoid such situation to happen in the first place.

Keep in mind that with bidding you will always statistically fall back on your feet. The more "greedy" players you encounter, the more currency they put through their bidding will fall into your own pockets. You can then just re-use that currency to bid on your own item.

Basically what @Youmukon said there. If they're greedy and just want to wrench out gold, let them bid for an item they have no use of. You'll get their gold and they'll get an item that's worthless to them. Like what would someone with a vt necklace have to gain from bidding 20g out of greed for an oath necklace? Zero. They'll trash it and also will be set back by 20g. Just don't take the bait, let them burn themselves a few times and the practice will die at some point.

@Youmukon
Thank you for making clear that it would be technically difficult and against game mechanics. Hope this makes aware devs that new players are stuck to that point and maybe help a little more for the third accessory. Even reviving those dungeons with an event might be useful in order to help them to at least have more chances to run those dungeons during their gameplay (in my experience at the moment are dead even during dailies and is kind of hard to farm them).

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts about that.

15 minutes ago, N0iz said:

new players are stuck to that point

So you need to spend a couple of weeks farming draken cores. In the overall context of things, that's not much of a sticking point. I, and probably everyone else, has been stuck on something that took substantially longer, at some time or another.

8 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

So you need to spend a couple of weeks farming draken cores. In the overall context of things, that's not much of a sticking point. I, and probably everyone else, has been stuck on something that took substantially longer, at some time or another.

Yes, we totally did but we were not that far from end content and those dungeons were alive. I have got my extra 100 cores on all so it's not my concern, I was just reporting an issue I have experienced while leveling and meeting new players ready to leave because of trolls. That's all.

Anyway I've got my answer from staff, I will just keep not being selfish and helpful as much as I can.

Archived