Two Game Crash and Game FPS Cap Lowers

Paws2Cherish

I have a xp15 laptop with 1050. I am not sure why but the 1050 in the task manager says it is only using 0 to 10 %. Why doesn't it use at least 40%? Also my game disconnected twice when my wifi shutdown twice. Since then my FPS drop from 50 to 60 fps at low settings and optimize for low end pc and now caps only at 20 fps. Doing raids and dungeon is now impossible with 0-7 fps. Is there a way I can fix this? Maybe something in the nvidia control panel or delete everything and download again? How can I make the cpu and gpu work harding in this laptop for better performance?

5 hours ago, Belido said:

FPS drops after a game crash sounds familiar for me and for me it been caused from Windows FTH hitting in. So try:

Disable FTH on Windows 10, and also don't forget to flush the FTH List (this will need a console with admin rights!) as mentioned here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/win7appqual/fault-tolerant-heap

I doubt this will change the problem but it might make less crashes.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb RavTH:

I doubt this will change the problem but it might make less crashes.

well for me that issues had massive influence, when I had FTH active, again,3 events ago - we when we had open world event bosses in zeiwei ruins and after a crash my FPS dropped from around 35FPS (with around 30 visible ppl around) to 0 FPS ( full freeze until fight been over), raid unplayable, dungeon unfun hitching. After I decactivated again and flushed it been back to normal. 1st time I deactivated that because of stupid FPS drops while moving in CB,

I dunno if it's same for you, but should be worth a try.

Gerade eben schrieb Paws2Cherish:

Can you please explain what FTH is? why I should go change (and how? is it the disable log?) Will this negatively affect my laptop? I am new to all this.

it's a system within windows that helps to handle and hopefully keep programs from crashing, at least that been the plan...

For me this handling of the BNS client, trying to prevent it from crashing, drops the performance that much that it becomes unplayable. 

And after having it deactivated none of my other software seem to be crashing more often and BnS crashes at least not more then before.

Important is to flush the FTH list with using  the mentioned command with admin rights, else it will not work.

You could also make some special exclusions for FTH with the BnS client, but I wasn't goin into that, as for me it works good enough as mentioned (link in my post above).

I have 16 gb of ram.

64 bit worked fine before the two crash.

I moved to 32 bit but game just crashes randomly and at worst time possible.

For some odd reason 64 bit doesn't use a lot of cpu (less than 20%) and ram memory only up to 2gb. 

I don't think it used that low before the crash. 

The gpu (both nvidia and intel integrated) seems to working slightly more than the cpu in 32 bit only and significantly more compared to when I ran 64 bit. 

The gpu utilization doesn't mean a thing. A video card is a multi-purpose device and some more labor intensive operations are never going to performed in a game. You'll never see that the gpu utilization at 100% unless your running benchmarks or doing data mining on the gpu.

There are two types of gpu utilization; power and capacity. You're gpu can be utilizing power at 100% while only at 50% capacity, or vice versa. In any event, comparing cpu usage to gpu usage is apples to oranges.

Archived