Forums

LAG - RTX series

Mueek

Hello,

Since I've upgraded my PC, I've had quite a few issues with my FPS performance. I'm running an average of 70 FPS on lowest settings and on highest settings average FPS is around 40, and I am fairly sure I should be able to run 120 FPS on my rig. My current PC build is:
i7 8700k

RTX 2080

32 GB of RAM

Asus z370-E gaming
As you can tell, I should be able to run more than what I currently am. I've made sure all my drivers are up to date, I've reinstalled, repaired and everything else that came to my mind when attempting to troubleshoot. I've also tried prioritizing the game in my task manager, as other posts suggested. However, I believe the issue is related to the RTX drivers, which might be beyond what Nsoft can do themselves. Hope you guys have some ideas on how I can tackle this!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mueek:

Yeah I already looked at this post, no luck.. :( 

damn, I hoped there might be a match, anyway from my "issue experiences", worth to mention is:

1.  FTH, for me it needs to be disabled and flushed, else it may screw my client after next random crash

2. use compatibility mode (Win7 or XPsp3), for me a thing from the past, when the 64Bit Client decided to run single core and the resulting FPS were a pile of bs.

3. antivirus, in my case it didn't made some FPS issues, but blocked some functions. For me it been ie. the behavior blocking of AV preventing the marketplace windows to load.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:49 PM, Grimoir said:

Since you are using a RTX card, do you have the RTX raytracing turned on? that will degrade your performance.

It doesn't work like that, the RTX card will not apply ray tracing if the game does not support it, so it can't be. 

2 hours ago, Mueek said:

It doesn't work like that, the RTX card will not apply ray tracing if the game does not support it, so it can't be. 

if i am not mistaking nvidia made a change in their latest driver which simulates the feature in games that do not officially support it.  But on the other note: try disabling bluetooth if your pc has it, and FTH.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, Grimoir said:

if i am not mistaking nvidia made a change in their latest driver which simulates the feature in games that do not officially support it.  But on the other note: try disabling bluetooth if your pc has it, and FTH.

Okay, so I've tried FTH, bluetooth and Nvidia, nothing has worked for me yet.. :( I also tried affinity, priority and everything else.

Archived