update on housing and mount please

Fiana

Mounts ans housing do not fit in this game imo, and personally i dont like that idea at all. Not to mention there are multiple games out there with housing, with mounts which are only popular for the first week they are there, after that no one cares about housing or mounts. If those things are what you lack and need you can always play the games that offer these things. This is a MMO, a korean one even, so that by definition itself means grindy.

also mounts would never work here cine the world is not as "open" as other games have it. You have to windstride to get to maps.

the fact that this bns mmorpg open world is not feel open world at all is weird on in itself
dunno m8, all i remember this few month in this game is

- login
- go to f8, do daily IF -> ST
- and do weekly, bt, vt once a week

and~ nothing else
well, developer bns is probably have more knowledge than me, so iam sure they can think something and do something

1 hour ago, Fiana said:

the fact that this bns mmorpg open world is not feel open world at all is weird on in itself
dunno m8, all i remember this few month in this game is

- login
- go to f8, do daily IF -> ST
- and do weekly, bt, vt once a week

and~ nothing else
well, developer bns is probably have more knowledge than me, so iam sure they can think something and do something

As much as I agree with your criticism and would wish for something else, there's not much that can be done. If Bloodlust would force an open world, it would degrade performance tremendously. Just think of how the current 12-man raids are - as soon as you disable the character hide feature, your framerate drops enough to make it unplayable.

An open world with more players fighting world bosses would destroy any PC. You could run this game on a CPU like the 2nd gen Threadripper with 32 cores, and still have a poor framerate. It's because of this that I appreciate the devteam pushing content in the form of dungeons and raids being 12-man instead of 24. 

Of course, that might change if their promise on Unreal Engine 4 holds up.

I'm 1000% team housing!!  Housing would be amazing, thank you

Mounts though, that ones slippery. If they could keep it BnS world related mounts only, that would be fine..but if they went TERA's route and started releasing little clown cars, rainbow ducks, and other giant eyesores it'd just be outright awful. At least with housing, all your gaudy looking trash is hidden on the inside.

If a game like SWTOR on using highly modified Alpha version of the Hero Engine can put mounts and strongholds (housing) for personal and guild use, Bloodlust can do the same. Both would be a major boon and quality of life improvement for this game. Having to run on foot everywhere is...tedious and time consuming. Mounts would be a welcomed change and one that Bloodlust/NCsoft could profit on by introducing special mounts in the Hongmoon store (aside mounts given in the game or made available for purchase from vendors).

Housing or strongholds and the ability to customize it are outstanding features of any game. SWTOR, Neverwinter, and Final Fantasy have their own versions of this. Housing gives players a place to go for themselves or for others to join them. This doesn't take into account what it means for clan/guilds either. This is something that should've been part of the game from the start. I'd strongly recommend 'TPTB' make this move. Without it, in my opinion, B&S fails to reach AAA status for not doing so when compared to their competing games on the market.

2 hours ago, DamnedYankee said:

If a game like SWTOR on using highly modified Alpha version of the Hero Engine can put mounts and strongholds (housing) for personal and guild use, Bloodlust can do the same. Both would be a major boon and quality of life improvement for this game. Having to run on foot everywhere is...tedious and time consuming. Mounts would be a welcomed change and one that Bloodlust/NCsoft could profit on by introducing special mounts in the Hongmoon store (aside mounts given in the game or made available for purchase from vendors).

Housing or strongholds and the ability to customize it are outstanding features of any game. SWTOR, Neverwinter, and Final Fantasy have their own versions of this. Housing gives players a place to go for themselves or for others to join them. This doesn't take into account what it means for clan/guilds either. This is something that should've been part of the game from the start. I'd strongly recommend 'TPTB' make this move. Without it, in my opinion, B&S fails to reach AAA status for not doing so when compared to their competing games on the market.

I agree with your points, however i can tell you from experience from playing many other games that have housing and mounts, after 1-2 weeks no one is using the housing system in those games at all, there were even guild halls and no one cares about those either and in most games i played those systems were simply removed.

Do you know how the housing here would look like? you would need guild crafting to craft furniture, that would cost you 100's of moonstones, 100's of soulstones and many other materials. thats how NC adds new things to craft. Just look at the HM scrolls.

Thats why from my experienc ein playing many games witrh housing systems i can tell you housing is a completely useless feature. If people are really that crazy about it they can go play SIMS since thats all housing.

AS for the game itself:

The biggest issue is that the content is repetitive. Running a dungeons 100+ times, to farm 350 cores to get an accessory for example. no other activity outside the dailies and raids. ther eis PVP but, doing it for say an hour already kills the mood and gets boring.

They need to bring in more activity, more things to do, and housing is not one of them. They should add something similar like tera has with Vanguard and missions in the world, or even the reputation system.

what for do we need mounts? so whales could get more stats on them?
what for do we need housing? so whales could get more stats on them?
wow that repetition but it all goes into that question, there's no balance already between f2p and p2w gear in game so no point.

I totally support having housing, just maybe in a different way. In terms of the game and in terms of character. Heavens Reach for the most part is considered home. I don't know if its possible to do but since Heavens Reach is already an instance of sorts. I wonder if it would be possible to decorate it and customize it a little. Our characters being the new school master and all.

10 hours ago, DamnedYankee said:

I was quoting the post regarding the current game engine not being able to handle an open-world game - not mounts and housing. I assume this was a reply to my post since I was first to address the performance issue.

4 hours ago, Viblo said:

I was quoting the post regarding the current game engine not being able to handle an open-world game - not mounts and housing. I assume this was a reply to my post since I was first to address the performance issue.

It was. If you've not played SWTOR, they are using the original Hero Engine that was in Alpha Trials. BioWare's head developer bought it without it being completed. It has since been mutated to a point that it is not recognizable by the original designers. And those working on it today...from what I understand...can't do much with it. However, they are able to support Housing and mounts in a non-open world setting. If they can do that with that ancient game engine, I'm sure B&S developers can match or do better with their current engine compared to what BioWare is using. B&S has to be using a superior engine based on its performance and graphics as it is superior to what SWTOR has currently.

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

I totally support having housing, just maybe in a different way. In terms of the game and in terms of character. Heavens Reach for the most part is considered home. I don't know if its possible to do but since Heavens Reach is already an instance of sorts. I wonder if it would be possible to decorate it and customize it a little. Our characters being the new school master and all.

Actually this sounds like a great idea especially since only your character can enter into heavens reach and it would be nice to have the ability to invite others into the instance. I'm all for housing since it would add something more to the game, even if someone else doesn't like housing then they don't have to use the feature but at least others who want something else to do outside of dungeons, raids, etc. would have that option. Housing also allows for some great screenshots and creativity especially since we can't mix and match outfits.

Mounts on the other hand I'm not too sure how that would work since at the moment the game barely uses the open world besides when you're leveling up and even then you can just wind stride everywhere. I can imagine the fps drops in celestial basin and mushins tower if a bunch of people have their mounts out. Maybe it could change in the future with better optimization though.

16 hours ago, SalemK said:

Actually this sounds like a great idea especially since only your character can enter into heavens reach and it would be nice to have the ability to invite others into the instance. I'm all for housing since it would add something more to the game, even if someone else doesn't like housing then they don't have to use the feature but at least others who want something else to do outside of dungeons, raids, etc. would have that option. Housing also allows for some great screenshots and creativity especially since we can't mix and match outfits.

Mounts on the other hand I'm not too sure how that would work since at the moment the game barely uses the open world besides when you're leveling up and even then you can just wind stride everywhere. I can imagine the fps drops in celestial basin and mushins tower if a bunch of people have their mounts out. Maybe it could change in the future with better optimization though.

Yeah I feel kinda the same way about mounts. I've been playing since launch and never really felt like I ever needed a mount to get from A to B faster then what I got from normal sprint. Like you said maybe if they came out with larger maps with more open world activities where sprint alone won't cut it I could see the need for mounts. In the games current open world state though I really don't see a need for them.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:44 AM, Grimoir said:

Mounts ans housing do not fit in this game imo, and personally i dont like that idea at all. Not to mention there are multiple games out there with housing, with mounts which are only popular for the first week they are there, after that no one cares about housing or mounts. If those things are what you lack and need you can always play the games that offer these things. This is a MMO, a korean one even, so that by definition itself means grindy.

also mounts would never work here cine the world is not as "open" as other games have it. You have to windstride to get to maps.

Mount, yeah, it certain doesn't fit this game when we already has Windwalk, which is a much cooler way to travel (we can run up on wall, tree like ninja, run on water surface...). Now if only they stop being stingy and gives us infinite Windwalk, as well as an auto-Windwalk button so that we don't tire out our finger...

But housing? It fits us, like any other MMO. Remember Heaven's Reach where it is Cricket's Home? Why not let us collect for decoration to liven up the place? Zakhan's Blade mounted on the wall, a pool with suspicious tentacles cut from Numok, a plushie doll of M'ao... We can also use Professions to craft things like tables with Soul Warden, Flower vase with Silver Cauldron... Even better, you can only craft things like Amara's statue if you clear him in Hard Mode and  beat his challenge achievement. Then, you may invite people to your house, where they can see what you have achieved in this game with your collection.  Many, many ideas. Use your imagination!

2 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Mount, yeah, it certain doesn't fit this game when we already has Windwalk, which is a much cooler way to travel (we can run up on wall, tree like ninja, run on water surface...). Now if only they stop being stingy and gives us infinite Windwalk, as well as an auto-Windwalk button so that we don't tire out our finger...

But housing? It fits us, like any other MMO. Remember Heaven's Reach where it is Cricket's Home? Why not let us collect for decoration to liven up the place? Zakhan's Blade mounted on the wall, a pool with suspicious tentacles cut from Numok, a plushie doll of M'ao... We can also use Professions to craft things like tables with Soul Warden, Flower vase with Silver Cauldron... Even better, you can only craft things like Amara's statue if you clear him in Hard Mode and  beat his challenge achievement. Then, you may invite people to your house, where they can see what you have achieved in this game with your collection.  Many, many ideas. Use your imagination!

That would also be a really great thing to have to add to additional goodies to be bought on the achievement, legendary/Koldrak and PVP vendors. Heck even the Cold Storage and MSPP vendors as well. Maybe even something to spend on all those Black Rose Feathers from Heavens Mandate too. OHHHHH!!! and and and Raven Feathers, Hive Queen Wings and Grand Celestial Wings too!

On 12/26/2018 at 10:30 AM, Fiana said:

please improve life in this game, every single update i see is new raid, new dungeon, new gear

What you're asking for is side activities and features. Size of areas won't lead to much use for mounts and other ideas you mentioned have been done before in other games. 

Apparently we're getting fishing. How's that?

1 hour ago, Wataru said:

What you're asking for is side activities and features. Size of areas won't lead to much use for mounts and other ideas you mentioned have been done before in other games. 

Apparently we're getting fishing. How's that?

then its gonna be like fishing in tera = afk gameplay xd and spending a fortune on materials top upgrade the fishing rod and the baits.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:40 AM, LoliDolly said:

three years later and no mounts, i highly doubt they will put mounts in this game although it is doable. I think that is why they let us upgrade our length of time we can sprint. 

three years later?

You realize this game was in Korea FIVE YEARS before it ever came to North America, right?   

So you mean eight years later.

1 hour ago, Bastorix said:

three years later?

You realize this game was in Korea FIVE YEARS before it ever came to North America, right?   

So you mean eight years later.

lol why should i go by when the game came out in korea.  Im going by when it was released NA and i started playing it. Of course its common knowledge that the game came out five years earlier and that it came out a year before Tera online. No, actually i meant three years later SINCE I STARTED PLAYING...lol next time i will be sure to clarify so you wont misunderstand what i meant.

I remember a survey sent by NCWest asking if players want Mount or Housing. Maybe they actually consider the options. Even so, everything is decided by NCSoft in South Korea. If KR players do not interest in those enough for NCSoft to consider the potential, then there is pretty much nothing we can do.

On 12/30/2018 at 2:03 AM, Kozuki said:

I remember a survey sent by NCWest asking if players want Mount or Housing. Maybe they actually consider the options. Even so, everything is decided by NCSoft in South Korea. If KR players do not interest in those enough for NCSoft to consider the potential, then there is pretty much nothing we can do.

ah, i remember that poll wing, mount, or housing

and somehow everyone choose wing >_< why... how?

Archived