Low DPS on fire BM

TheRealGangster

Hey guys

I got my fire bm to around 1125 AP, which is more than the 1.1k most dungeon players request. But I still don't seem to get enough dps while attacking bosses. At the start of my rotation it can reach slightly more than 100k with tiger effect and HM skills and dragontongue but then it remains very low (not more than 50k) and I only get to deal about 4% of the total boss's health (final boss of SSM for example). I thought it would be much higher by now? Is it something I should take care of with my gear? I'm also on dawn 6 now which Is not that bad I guess. If there's somethingI'm not aware of please tell me.

Thank you

Many things can factor into it. For one, there's your ping, which determines how often you can use Dragontongue after your Tab, but whose cooldown gets shorter the more often you hit with it. For two, Dragontongue has a comparatively weak base damage and relies heavily on critical hits, so if you don't have enough, you'd do well to boost your crit rate.

But most of the damage boost comes from other gear parts. Accessoires to boost elemental and critical damage, Souls that give you temporary damage boosts, and most importantly, Raid-Weapons like Raven and Legendary Mystic Badges from Vortex Temple do the trick.

since you’re using dawnforged instead of raven, you’re obviously missing out on a lot of damage, provided by the raven effect and elemental damage. but that’s not to say the other paths are bad, they’re there for ppl who don’t do raids that often. like @Nivalias said, your gear/accessories contributes a huge factor to your dps. if you haven’t already, you should get your BT (Black Tower / Skybreak Spire) accesories and SS (soul shield) pieces. 

also, concerning crit, you can try tacking on primers (specifically crit primers) to your current SS. you can buy the basic ones in the dragon express. 

• 3 weeks later...

Most dmg u can get is from mystic badge. The other gear maybe low tier and its okay. Forcus on gold, around 1500 gold to buy Mystic badge first then upgrade gear later. When ppl see ya got Lengendary Mystic Badge in ur equipment, u will earn respect in LFP dungeons.

Archived