Unusual Server Lag After Maintenance This Week

prietess

Hello everyone,

May I please ask whether any people here are facing unusual server lag after maintenance this week?

For example, you have higher ping than usual and the ping fluctuation happens a lot more compared to before.

And also, you get strange disconnection from server out of no where which didn't happen before.

For my case, I get higher ping than usual, and it is not only me. A few of my friends are facing the same problem. Although i don't know if it is related to region or not (South-east Asia)

Right after the maintenance and these few days, my ping has been average higher by ~50ms-100ms.

And the ping fluctuates very bad during the boss fight. I got freeze a few times during boss fight.

Yesterday, I got disconnection all of a sudden. Even worse, my friend got disconnected 2x during our dungeons run, which never happened even once before.

Today, another friend of mine who is not from South East Asia said that he got disconnected 3x from server in the last hour.

But, after that particular one hour thing, connections recovered and back to normal.

However, all these issues happened after the maintenance, I don't know for sure, but it is natural to suspect that there is something wrong with the server after the maintenance.

Hope you all can share your experience too these few days~

Hopefully this thread will get the attention of the Game master.

To answer to your question, there isn't anything particularly wrong with the servers. It's just the fact that after the maintenance every single player wants to play the game, so that overloads the internet connections across all the ISP providers. What i mean by that is that each regional ISP provider is being overloaded by all the players in your region and on top of that the server is getting overloaded by all the players from everywhere.

So if your region where you live happens to have, lets say 5000 players wanting to play BnS as soon as maintenance is over, that will most definetly affect the ping of all the 5000 players in that region no matter how good pc or connection you have or how good/bad the server is. Obviously. Those 2 reasons will cause some players to experience a ton of lag depending on how good ISP provider is in these types of situations and how the server prioritizes them. Those who get processed first obviously wont suffer as much lag as others.

Or at least this is my understanding for half of the lag, any one with more technical knowledge can feel free to correct me if im too wrong about it. Other half simply comes from poorly optimized game connection code. Or you just live too far away to have decent ping constantly.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:44 AM, Grimoir said:

i have not experienced any of this yet however i do hear a lot of people saying that the 32 bit client has a lot of problems like that lately. so if you are running 32 bit try the 64bit instead.

Nobody willingly chooses to play on 32bit if 64bit is an option... even the game default is 64bit.  People either switch away from 64bit because they have the 30fps cap for some reason with loading problems or the game straight up just doesn't run.  And no, although there have been plenty of topics talking about possible solutions through the years, there still isn't a consistent way of fixing it.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:15 AM, Amarathiel said:

To answer to your question, there isn't anything particularly wrong with the servers. It's just the fact that after the maintenance every single player wants to play the game, so that overloads the internet connections across all the ISP providers. What i mean by that is that each regional ISP provider is being overloaded by all the players in your region and on top of that the server is getting overloaded by all the players from everywhere.

So if your region where you live happens to have, lets say 5000 players wanting to play BnS as soon as maintenance is over, that will most definetly affect the ping of all the 5000 players in that region no matter how good pc or connection you have or how good/bad the server is. Obviously. Those 2 reasons will cause some players to experience a ton of lag depending on how good ISP provider is in these types of situations and how the server prioritizes them. Those who get processed first obviously wont suffer as much lag as others.

Or at least this is my understanding for half of the lag, any one with more technical knowledge can feel free to correct me if im too wrong about it. Other half simply comes from poorly optimized game connection code. Or you just live too far away to have decent ping constantly.

Hmmm alright. It got a bit better these 2 days. It didn't last for only on the maintenance day though, it lasted for like 3 days before it became normal.

So I am unsure if it is due to connection overload after maintenance?

In any case, it affected us a lot as we had like 400-500ms ping on those 3 days, sadly.

Archived