new player question

humhumer

Hi, I am a returning player, though its like I am new to this game since it has changed so much. After hitting 55 and finishing main quest on my warden, I honestly feel quite overwhelmed as to how to go about gearing up. If someone could tell me what pieces of gear I should aim for first and where, I'd appreciate it.

Hi! For starting gear, you can farm peaches in Celestial Basin. The vendor there has starting accessories.
You can also gather upgrade materials for your weapon at the same time. Make sure to fight the faction bosses when they show up for a loot pouch. Pop open your map with M, select Gunwon City, and Celestial Basin should be available as a windstride point.

Speaking of your weapon: If you haven't upgraded your weapon yet, don't.

The maximum gem slots available was increased from 6 to 8 as of Dec 5th 2018.

You can save up Naryu Silver (20 Naryu Coin = 1 Naryu Silver) There is a vendor near grannie's restaurant who sells weapon chests.
M > Silverfrost Mountains > Skypetal Plains > Grand Harvest Square > Granny's Restaurant

These are the same weapons as the one you get at the end of the yellow quests. However, what you want to do is buy the weapon chests (5 Naryu Coin each) and open them until RNG gives you a weapon with 8 gem slots. It's less expensive/more easily obtainable than the gem hammer route.

If I remember correctly, Wardens choose the Light chest for a Seraph weapon.

Archived