About costumes

Ktsn

Hey there :) I'm new to the game and before you say - there are 10000 guides on this topic -, I must say that some guides are really hard to understand with 0 knowledge about the game.

I have a few questions about costumes:

1) Can you get any costume for free? even these you see in the stop (f10)?

2) Is there any other way to get the costumes besides buying them with Hongmoon coins? ( this implies besides exchanging gold to hongmoon coins too - I don't think there is a way to earn a decent amount of gold for a newbie at this point ) I speak about crafting - can you craft whatever costume you want? if you can craft them or at least some of them, can someone explain me step by step how to ''craft'' costumes? 

3) what is the easiest way to get some money as a newbie so you can get into the game in a decent rate?

outfits are kinda categorized into categories almost, you can see this in your F3 

1) 

some outfits are only available through the HM store 

some can only be obtained through in-game events (mostly via event currency) 

some can only be obtained through crafting 

2) 

you can TRANSMUTE a small amount of outfits, but you’ll need some specific items like Fabric, High Quality Fabric, etc. 

also, each guild (Forgekeepers, Soul Wardens, etc.) has their respectable, CRAFTABLE outfit, but the guild requires you to be LV. 5 (within the guild) in order to craft it 

3) honestly, the easiest/fastest way is to run dungeons. the higher tiered dungeons will give you more gold, but some ppl have some insane requirements ‘cause they want a fast clear. if you’re fresh outta the story, i’d say you can go up to NS (Naryu Sanctum) and possibly even IF (Irontech Forg if you know the mechanics) 

you can also try the solo dungeons like Mushin’s Tower (and if you’re geared enough, Outlaw Island). they give you some pretty decent money

dunno if they are still there, but about every wheel of fade thingies used to have a chance for a specific outfit part. To try it out you need some essence or whatever drop from a overland boss nearby. While lvling up you should have been stepped in some of those points (ie. Golden Deva in Cinderlands).

press f3 in game to open the wardrobe, in here you can preview outfits & see where to get them, there are sub categories that tells you where they're from, if it doesn't say where you get the outfit while hovering over it it's probably either in the f10 shop or an old outfit that you can no longer aquire, everything else should be linked to a dungeon or area where you just have to kill things, or it's connected to a "wheel of fate" that requires certain items to spin & you will have a chance at getting the outfit.

edit: outfits can also be linked to a quest, where you would get the outfit by completing it.

or a merchant where you just have to buy it.

Archived