Time to remove the 50% damage reduction on event bosses

Kozuki

For example, Tower of Memories, Frozen Vipercap...

These bosses have a hidden passive that reduce incoming damage by 50%, so your normal parse of 1m DPS will only deal 500k DPS on them.

Before, when people's DPS was still very weak, this encouraged people to use the dungeon's provided items. After two years, many people are now geared up their DPS a lot, enough to ignore event items and just deal straight DPS despite of dealing half of the damage. When awakening skill patch is released, overall DPS will push up even further.

Now, as most of people who are not just under-level and under-gear alts can out DPS whatever guns provide, I think it is time to remove the hidden damage reduction on event bosses, so that people can clear them much faster.  Even a character fresh out of stories would be able to deal like 50k DPS if there is no damage reduction.

And know what? If it always more fun to kill boss with your own character's skills, instead of just picking up a gun and mindlessly spam LMB and some other buttons.

25 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

These bosses have a hidden passive that reduce incoming damage by 50%, so your normal parse of 1m DPS will only deal 500k DPS on them.

Before, when people's DPS was still very weak, this encouraged people to use the dungeon's provided items. After two years, many people are now geared up their DPS a lot, enough to ignore event items and just deal straight DPS despite of dealing half of the damage. When awakening skill patch is released, overall DPS will push up even further.

Now, as most of people who are not just under-level and under-gear alts can out DPS whatever guns provide, I think it is time to remove the hidden damage reduction on event bosses, so that people can clear them much faster.  Even a character fresh out of stories would be able to deal like 50k DPS if there is no damage reduction.

And know what? If it always more fun to kill boss with your own character's skills, instead of just picking up a gun and mindlessly spam LMB and some other buttons.

At this point is to prevent people from finishing dungeon before everyone loads in, Since I do this with 9 Alts, there has been many instances even with Reduced Damage, where the person finally loads in and we are half way through the last boss, Removing that would  hurt out players who have slow computers/loading screens. so finishing dungeon 1 minute slower Rather then 1 minute faster, won't hurt you either. you need to think as a bigger picture. Also it's an event. They should add an NPC outside instead because I always forget :tears::tears::tears:

6 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

At this point is to prevent people from finishing dungeon before everyone loads in, Since I do this with 9 Alts, there has been many instances even with Reduced Damage, where the person finally loads in and we are half way through the last boss, Removing that would  hurt out players who have slow computers/loading screens. so finishing dungeon 1 minute slower Rather then 1 minute faster, won't hurt you either. you need to think as a bigger picture. Also it's an event. They should add an NPC outside instead because I always forget :tears::tears::tears:

well, that sound like two problems on your side.

49 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

i would say....whenever there is a quest in the letters tab they should force the window to popup the moment you login to the gmae, like they do with daily dash. Problem solved, then people wont forget xD

Or making only Dynamic box at the end of dungeon without a quest is also good idea, the dungeon gets locked either way,  so others won't be able to abuse it. but ye I know it's my fault for not remembering, I always remember when boss is one hit from dying and I'm like palmfacing on that last hit. 

With the price of even a low end ssd being less than what most people spend on Ncoin for 100 trove keys there is not much excuse for such slow loading machines.  And if you're playing the game over a McDonald's WiFi hotspot it should come as no surprise you are getting left behind.  Upgrade or face the consequences.

54 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

With the price of even a low end ssd being less than what most people spend on Ncoin for 100 trove keys there is not much excuse for such slow loading machines.  And if you're playing the game over a McDonald's WiFi hotspot it should come as no surprise you are getting left behind.  Upgrade or face the consequences.

gibe moni pils

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

i would say....whenever there is a quest in the letters tab they should force the window to popup the moment you login to the gmae, like they do with daily dash. Problem solved, then people wont forget xD

honestly i like this idea. I forget occasionally but shrug it off. I have my son and many other things going on in real life so i tend to forget occassionally. I dont cry if i miss it. The Tower of memory does not give the stuff it use too and almost not worth it anymore. The better and more giving event this year is the one in celestial basin. As long as i get that one then i really dont care about if i get screwed on tower of memory. That being said though the tower of memory did use to have an NPC back in the day when it first came out if i remember correctly. I could be remembering wrongly though. At the end of the day it is what it is.

7 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

If you read the post, I was talking about other people not myself, You need to look at bigger picture and not only about yourself. Imagine if Company didn't do any optimizing, any tweaking, no nerfs, no balances and only told players to "Upgrade or face the consequences" with that kind of mentality the game wouldn't have lasted as long as it did now. 

events ment to be like that unlike dungeons where you braindead things... unlike events we can follow mechs for once...

and unlike tower of memory some people can dps and some people can do mechs which is still gives a nice touch and the progressing of the dungeon.

19 hours ago, Kozuki said:

I still encounter under level players in these from time to time. Weither they're alts or new players I don't know. These places are designed with an entry level of 15 so all players can get the goodies from the events. Without the damage reduction most of the games population could flat out solo the places. So no reason to group up. So under level/geared players might not be able to complete them day by day.

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

I still encounter under level players in these from time to time. Weither they're alts or new players I don't know. These places are designed with an entry level of 15 so all players can get the goodies from the events. Without the damage reduction most of the games population could flat out solo the places. So no reason to group up. So under level/geared players might not be able to complete them day by day.

Nope.

Do you know why people can still LFG for a group on outdated dungeons like Avalanche Den, Lair of Frozen Fangs... despite that even fresh new players can just solo them?

First key word: Cross-server LFG. It is more convenient to just LFG and get into these dungeons for daily challenges instead of going through several loading screen when you do them in-server.

Second key word: group efforts. Even if they are outdated, doing them with a group is still faster and more fun than solo. Why do new players have to spend 10 minutes clearing them solo, while in a group can just down clear the whole dungeon within 3-4 minutes? Unless they want to hoard all rewards, of course, then that's their efforts to spend. Also, this is a MMORPG. Outside of challenging solo contents like Mushin's Tower, Outlaw's Island..., it should be more encouraged to join a group instead of solo a dungeon for grouping.

Now check back to event dungeons like ToM. Outdated dungeons where mechanics can no longer hold a candle to normal DPS. Sure, if you are too low-geared or low level, you may want to pick a gun. However, if you get into a group with DPS, why don't you want them do full DPS and just clear the dungeons in a blink of eyes? There are no extra rewards for you to stay inside the dungeons for extra 30 seconds cuz of damage reduction.

"Low-geared and low-level players will suffer". Nope. They are the ones who benefits the most from this change, lol.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:27 AM, Kozuki said:

Nope.

Do you know why people can still LFG for a group on outdated dungeons like Avalanche Den, Lair of Frozen Fangs... despite that even fresh new players can just solo them?

First key word: Cross-server LFG. It is more convenient to just LFG and get into these dungeons for daily challenges instead of going through several loading screen when you do them in-server.

Second key word: group efforts. Even if they are outdated, doing them with a group is still faster and more fun than solo. Why do new players have to spend 10 minutes clearing them solo, while in a group can just down clear the whole dungeon within 3-4 minutes? Unless they want to hoard all rewards, of course, then that's their efforts to spend. Also, this is a MMORPG. Outside of challenging solo contents like Mushin's Tower, Outlaw's Island..., it should be more encouraged to join a group instead of solo a dungeon for grouping.

Now check back to event dungeons like ToM. Outdated dungeons where mechanics can no longer hold a candle to normal DPS. Sure, if you are too low-geared or low level, you may want to pick a gun. However, if you get into a group with DPS, why don't you want them do full DPS and just clear the dungeons in a blink of eyes? There are no extra rewards for you to stay inside the dungeons for extra 30 seconds cuz of damage reduction.

"Low-geared and low-level players will suffer". Nope. They are the ones who benefits the most from this change, lol.

Weither they are LFG or not I can't say for sure if they just hit LFP and hope for the best. I do however see advertisements for these places in cross server very very slim. I think the only shouts I seen were for the occasional Cold Storage or Heavens Mandate but even those are rare from my time in cross server.

As far as the group efforts go. Faster maybe...more fun. That's objective. Parties are mostly silent from start to finish. Unless someone messes up. Then it often turns into a wall of curses. Personally speaking if I was a new player I would gladly spend the extra 10 minutes clearing vs 3-4 minutes of maybe listening to toxic whining. I wouldn't blame someone new to a dungeon for wanting to just solo it to avoid that. All the encouragement to group goes away when a player encounters enough of this. Also the term MMORPG doesn't mean group all the things. It just means player A is sharing the same world as player B. Even in the early days of MMO's their was never any rule that you had to group with others all the time. Was it faster grouping? Yes. Was it more fun grouping? That depends on the person.

As for ToM goes a perfect example to this was a few days ago when I was doing it on my alt. On the second boss there was another player. I dunno if they ere new and unsure or what, but they made a mistake on the second boss with the gun mechanics and two people in the group were ramming "troll" accusations down their throats. I'm sure I'm not the only one to see this happen. I wouldn't blame that player at all if that turned them off from grouping. As for me though yes I would happily rather solo the place then see my screen filled with negativity over nothing and have more time wasted while players stop and hurl every insult in the book they can.

Archived