Tower of Memory needs a quest NPC!

Dracaris

Hello.

I would like to make a suggestion about a problem that has not only affected me.  I think everyone knows that situation: You are doing dailys (maybe only daily challenge) you are accepting the daily from the daily challenge window or from the NPC and then you know, if there is no daily quest mark before the dungeon, you can be sure you accepted the daily. Well, except for one dungeon: Tower of Memory. Because I am just not used to accept a daily from "J", I have already forgotten at least three times to accept this daily quest and lost some event tokens.

My suggestion is: Put a quest NPC in f8 before this event dungeon! You have done this before, so why not now?

Think about it.

I do not see the point to it for the below reasons:

1. This is an event dungeon, its only there for 2-3 weeks then its gone again,

2. These events always have a quest in the quest letters.

3. you get a icon at the bottom of your screen that indicates to tak the quest.

I would say you pay more attention then ask for something that isnt really necessary. If you miss the quest, KNOWING there is an event and KNOWING you need to accept it there thats on you.

3 minutes ago, Dracaris said:

1. It's there for 6 weeks

2. Before, there were NPC's for event dungeons too.

3. Like I said, it's something I'm not used to and many people as well.

Here we go. See you know the event is for 6 weeks, so you know there is a quest there, and you know you have to accept it from a quest letter.....dont justify game changes by your own inability to click a letter every day.

yeah, i was thinkin the same tbh,

it was a bit of a letdown when i forgot to pick up the quest on 2nd day and finished the dng xD

even worse, i forgot it on my other char too! :HajoonLaugh:

so the first thing i do now when i log is accep the q 8D

It is like building a bridge over a small and shallow stream that you can just walk over it.

You laugh at people who feel that there should be a bridge, saying it is unnecessary and it is people's fault for carelessly falling into the stream.

The one day, you get careless and get yourself falling and wet. Then you realize that may be it is better to just have a bridge built instead.

NPC quest-giver is the bridge that has not yet been built, the shallow stream is the quest, and falling into the steam means forgetting to take the quest. So yeah, instead of facing a risk of forgetting the quest, I prefer just to prevent it from happening instead.

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I do not see the point to it for the below reasons:

1. This is an event dungeon, its only there for 2-3 weeks then its gone again,

2. These events always have a quest in the quest letters.

3. you get a icon at the bottom of your screen that indicates to tak the quest.

I would say you pay more attention then ask for something that isnt really necessary. If you miss the quest, KNOWING there is an event and KNOWING you need to accept it there thats on you.

I feel like this kind of attitude is exactly why we never get updates. I've scrolled by the forum a few times and practically every suggestion or feedback thread has you as the first responder things are fine the way they are, and there's no need to change anything. Then an admin comes along and just sees that one person posted a suggestion however an other users have said it's fine. Sometimes a lot of people want a QoL change but then again the most vocal minority tends to drown out all constructive feedback. 

An NPC would be really usefull for those who forget to accept the quest before entering, I lost it like 3 times already, worst thing you cant repeat the dungeon and you just waste time for nothing.

Those who say this is not necessary are just selfish idiots that cannot think on anyone else.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, Dracaris said:

Excuse me sir.

Could you please refrain from these unnecessary comments? I see, you like to have many comments in this forum. However, some people want constructive feedback, which unfortunately does not apply to your comment.  

5110753962d07fb56cf39e08418209c8.gif
Press J Key
You'r welcome.
again.

actually tower of memory used to have an npc option. Not sure why they felt it necessary to remove it. -shrugs- it is annoying cause i have a life and sometimes im playing inbetween taking care of my son and cleaning house so i tend to forget the little thing like checking my letters. I just get in a party and go cause i have other things to do here besides play a game 24/7. I am more in the habit myself of looking for an npc at the entrance. I have had about two or three times forgetting to check the letters. It is what it is though.

14 hours ago, RavTH said:

The J Key is your friend and it's faster than going out of dungeon and talking to npc incase you forget to even talk to him at ther entrance.

How do you forget to talk to an NPC, which is a huge eyesore on the entire screen? It's maybe 1/100 of every time someone forgets to accept the letter. The letter is too hidden, and as someone said before, if that eyesore I'm talking about isn't there, people tend to think everything is alright. And it doesn't matter how fast it is to the many people who forget it every day.

I don't even see why this discussion is needed.

Event quest NPCs would fall under Quality of Life category and NC$OFT doesn't make those. Though I saw on "patch notes" some time ago mentioning QoL, still have not noticed what it was about.

When event started I assumed that quest is an introduction quest and after completing once it I did not bother looking there again.

Same as you get for normal dungeons (quest which fills up in "Quest Letters" while going through story). Those tend to be ignored when having tons of alts.

Apparently it was not a case and I missed rewards for 2 following days on 11 characters :JinsoyunWhat: GG

NPC in front of dungeon entrance would prevent such mistakes in 99.50% times

11 hours ago, Onbekend said:

How do you forget to talk to an NPC, which is a huge eyesore on the entire screen? It's maybe 1/100 of every time someone forgets to accept the letter. The letter is too hidden, and as someone said before, if that eyesore I'm talking about isn't there, people tend to think everything is alright. And it doesn't matter how fast it is to the many people who forget it every day.

it's not hard to press J and accept quest letter for the event dungeon everytime you login on or change character.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

it's not hard to press J and accept quest letter for the event dungeon everytime you login on or change character.

It's not hard. But it's easily forgettable. Especially if someone indeed changes character, and does so 9 more times. It's way easier to miss the letter, than it is to miss an NPC with a massive blue arrow above its head.

And as someone mentioned before, it's QoL. Other than the 1 second per character, because reading the letter is faster for you, you don't lose anything. So we should ask NC to do what we pay them for, and have them implement an NPC. Better yet, we could have them do both. Letter and NPC. Then people like you who care about that 1 second won't have to complain.

Keep in mind, f2p or not, they're a company. Not some sort of charity. We shouldn't try to make them feel like they're immortal. If, after the idea of having both the letter and the NPC, you still dare to argue against this, honestly, you're the reason dozens of companies (YouTube, EA) are completely out of touch with their users. 

Stop trying to save them from doing the jobs people are paying them to do. 

NCoin are purchased. They're not a reward for donating. This isn't a charity. They have customers, not donators.

They have a way to end quests through both letters and the NPCs. So making it so that a quest can also be started through both, shouldn't be out of reach.

6 hours ago, Onbekend said:

It's not hard. But it's easily forgettable. Especially if someone indeed changes character, and does so 9 more times. It's way easier to miss the letter, than it is to miss an NPC with a massive blue arrow above its head.

I do it on 11 characters a day and I learned from future mistakes, if you are that naive to not press J after you get on character then that's a player sided issue not the game.

So we should ask NC to do what we pay them for, and have them implement an NPC.

We are not paying them anything by doing event tho... More like we get free stuff. So exactly how are we paying them wit the event? Activity? no Buyinh Ncoins? That's different from what you implied.

NCoin are purchased. They're not a reward for donating. This isn't a charity. They have customers, not donators.

If you ended with "They have donators, not customers." that would be neat, but I guess you haven't played on other games/pservers to know what a donator is have you? No biggie for that.

Also I don't know why you started going off topic and talking about youtube... :JinsoyunPale:

9 hours ago, RavTH said:

I do it on 11 characters a day and I learned from future mistakes, if you are that naive to not press J after you get on character then that's a player sided issue not the game.

We are not paying them anything by doing event tho... More like we get free stuff. So exactly how are we paying them wit the event? Activity? no Buyinh Ncoins? That's different from what you implied.

If you ended with "They have donators, not customers." that would be neat, but I guess you haven't played on other games/pservers to know what a donator is have you? No biggie for that.

Also I don't know why you started going off topic and talking about youtube... :JinsoyunPale:

I assume you meant past mistakes. Meaning you too failed to read the letter at least once. That'll be prevented for people in the future, if we can make this happen.

Buying NCoin is how we support this company. Part of the money is supposed to go to improving the game. This is part of that.

YouTube released a video, "YouTube Rewind 2018", 9 days ago. Currently at 12 million, it quickly rose to became the most disliked video on their own platform. It's an example of a company being horribly out of touch with their userbase.

EA (quote from PCGamesN): "For another, Battlefield 1 was only on sale for three days during its first week in the charts, but sold more than double what Battlefield V managed in five days.". Another example of a company being out of touch with their userbase.

Why am I mentioning these? Because you're allowing NCSoft to do the same. Arguing against a QoL feature like the one we're asking for, only makes them lazier. Only makes them think they can get away with treating us like shyte. It makes them think they're immortal. If your behaviour continues, NCSoft will be the next example, after YouTube and EA.

1 hour ago, Gennady said:

I think it's 3rd Tower of Memory that I remember and it always was like that. And other event dungeons usually have "letter". 

Yes, it has always been like this, and people have always forgotten to read the letter. And now people are asking for change, so that when it returns, it'll have an NPC instead, or maybe both.

Generally, every event dungeon starts off with having to read a letter once, and after that you only have to talk to the NPC, daily.

5 hours ago, Gennady said:

I think it's 3rd Tower of Memory that I remember and it always was like that. And other event dungeons usually have "letter". 

9 hours ago, Onbekend said:

I assume you meant past mistakes. Meaning you too failed to read the letter at least once. That'll be prevented for people in the future, if we can make this happen.

Buying NCoin is how we support this company. Part of the money is supposed to go to improving the game. This is part of that.

YouTube released a video, "YouTube Rewind 2018", 9 days ago. Currently at 12 million, it quickly rose to became the most disliked video on their own platform. It's an example of a company being horribly out of touch with their userbase.

EA (quote from PCGamesN): "For another, Battlefield 1 was only on sale for three days during its first week in the charts, but sold more than double what Battlefield V managed in five days.". Another example of a company being out of touch with their userbase.

Why am I mentioning these? Because you're allowing NCSoft to do the same. Arguing against a QoL feature like the one we're asking for, only makes them lazier. Only makes them think they can get away with treating us like shyte. It makes them think they're immortal. If your behaviour continues, NCSoft will be the next example, after YouTube and EA.

Yes I forgot couple of times but I never went on forum and cried about it that I have bad memory.

The money goes to mobile games omgealul.

Again with youtube that is irrelevant or the youtube rewind video dead meme.

idk EA games nor pay attention to what they do since I don't follow their games at all as they became trash

Stop blaming ncsoft west, it's not their fault Korean devs didn't implement npcs all we get is copy paste with translations. What happened to youtube was totally different thing do your research or watch some youtube videos about it on how youtubers review the YouTube Rewind 2018 video before bringing it up here because it's completely irrelevant. The EA games dunno about that so I wont pick on you for it but go check before you write it here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived