Forums

HM Points on Threat...

Kozuki

I don't see the point?

Granted, having HM Points on Threat will non-tank classes to be able to tank in case of no proper tanking class. Or it will help weak tankers to be able to tank for whale.

Then again, why don't just add Threat generation skills to all class instead? Tank classes can tank without spending a single point on Threat if they are geared enough and can opt for more offense or other options like Move Speed, Regen. Non-tank classes need to waste points in order to achieve the same threat effect, thus blocking them out from having other options.

I would rather to see all classes having their own threat generation skills and removal of Threat option for HM points.

Will this make tank class obsolete? Not really, cuz tank class are designed for tanking, thus they have much more reliable block/counter/iframe skills. Technically, you can tank with all classes, but you don't want to take the risk raiding TT with a tanking Sum. So even if every class has their own threat generation and there is no longer HM Threat, WD, KFM and BM still shine for this role. Also, this would drive tank class to gear up to upgrade their DPS and threat generation.

About removing Threat option, I would suggest to replace it with something more useful, for pvp, pve or both. Focus hungry classes would not mind if there is a Focus Regen option (do not mistake this with HM Focus for Ultimate Skill). Or Boss Defense to make you tougher against boss attack (similar to Debuff Defense option that is for PvP). Or increase Block/Evade chance, which helps both PvE and PvP when you want to be more defensive. Or damage reduction rating. Or something that is not about critical damage/critical rating/element damage, cuz these stat are all overused already. 

Considering BnS does not have the "holy trinity" as in tank / healer/dps, adding aggro to skills would be the most stupid thing they would do. especially since you can have multiple classes able to tank in one party. There are no designated tanking classes. any class can tank, the same way as any class can dps.

The threat points are fine as they are, if you do not need them, dont use them, no one is forcing you too. Also you already have a move speed spec, you even have a boss aP spec that works basically like a second soul. This suggestion is pointless imo. Boss defense, focus regen, block / evade increase are literally stupid suggestions. I would say learn to manage your focus, learn not to get hit by bosses and you will be more than fine. Game is already enough brainded as it is.

As someone who plays non-tank classes and likes to step up to tank for groups when needed, I personally love this system. I would rather invest 25 points of threat to tank myself, keep everyone alive and optimize the party's dps (i.e. having the boss face the same direction); rather than having to rely on a tank class that kept aggro, but constantly kept on circle tanking because they're still inexperienced.

It's because of this why I was able to keep aggro on my alt that does around 250k dps in SJF while letting a gunner optimize his burst and get a 1.1m dps opener.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:17 AM, Grimoir said:

Considering BnS does not have the "holy trinity" as in tank / healer/dps, adding aggro to skills would be the most stupid thing they would do. especially since you can have multiple classes able to tank in one party. There are no designated tanking classes. any class can tank, the same way as any class can dps.

while its not a traditional holy trinity, technically it does exist in its own way. Tank= BM, warrior and kfm (Blade dancer can stand in as tank, ive seen them do it) (range tanks as needed=gunner and force master)...healer= summoner and soul fighter (a good summoner and soul fighter will use their healing skills to keep a party alive and not just focus on dps alone) DPS= pretty much any class can fill in for that but the best dps classes include gunner and force master). Like i said its not your traditional holy trinity where they are dedicated classes for tank, heals and dps but party composition can still have it in this game.

I agree tho adding agro skills to all classes is a horrible idea. Its bad enough in some situations gunners and fms take agro from the tank in dungeons. However i believe alot of that has to do with an undergeared tank or one that has no clue what they are doing. I also really hate that the thrall has an agro setting. So many warlocks have it set for that and it messes things up at the start of a dungeon particularly for the tank. I do love that all classes have some sort of support skill for the entire party. 

Archived