Forums

Halp with latency please, I need an internet wizard

Lady Viera

oh hai,

Wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me solve my latency issues. I am currently sitting at 140ish ms without any vpn. I have about 60 Mpbs with a entry level modern and router.

I have tried mudfish as a vpn but it only lowered my ms by about 10. I am currently trialing Exitlag and am kinda confused because Exitlag tells me I have 13+40ms but in-game it tells me I have 120ms.

Is the in-game latency correct?

I am trying to get around 50ms, so I can play wind kfm better. Much appreciated!

20 minutes ago, Lady Viera said:

oh hai,

Wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me solve my latency issues. I am currently sitting at 140ish ms without any vpn. I have about 60 Mpbs with a entry level modern and router.

I have tried mudfish as a vpn but it only lowered my ms by about 10. I am currently trialing Exitlag and am kinda confused because Exitlag tells me I have 13+40ms but in-game it tells me I have 120ms.

Is the in-game latency correct?

I am trying to get around 50ms, so I can play wind kfm better. Much appreciated!

50ms? nice dreams you got there Especially down from 140 ^^, Anyway, no one  can do anything to help you, it depends on your Internet Provider and routing to the server and many other factors, Try talking to Internet Provider and ask them how they can help you improve your routing to the server, The only thing you can do from your Side is  WTFast, mudfish, Exitlag there was more of them out there forgot names, Exitlag seems to most popular one now, but you need to try to see which one works best for you.  Also  TCP optimizer, But Again, Don't expect your MS to go down to 50 from 140, 10 MS improvement is already good improvement, If WTFast or Other software does not improve much, it means your connection is already good enough, Maybe not good enough for you, but you are already getting best routing out of your IP.

In Game MS shows Delay, not your Actual MS, You can check your Real MS in Task manager Resource Monitor. 

13+40 MS Means lets say From Your computer it takes 13ms to reach lets say France server node and from France Server node it takes 40ms to reach Frankfurt server node, But again, In Game MS is Different from your Real MS, NCSOFT should just Remove or Add a new Description under Delay MS display. it seems people always confuse it with a real MS since they launched the game >.<.

Anyway Final Answer, You should stop trying to achieve the impossible 50 MS and just play with what you have now. or Try Contacting IP, Using Boosters, but don't expect miracles.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, SayhaSeer said:

50ms? nice dreams you got there Especially down from 140 ^^, Anyway, no one  can do anything to help you, it depends on your Internet Provider and routing to the server and many other factors, Try talking to Internet Provider and ask them how they can help you improve your routing to the server, The only thing you can do from your Side is  WTFast, mudfish, Exitlag there was more of them out there forgot names, Exitlag seems to most popular one now, but you need to try to see which one works best for you.  Also  TCP optimizer, But Again, Don't expect your MS to go down to 50 from 140, 10 MS improvement is already good improvement, If WTFast or Other software does not improve much, it means your connection is already good enough, Maybe not good enough for you, but you are already getting best routing out of your IP.

In Game MS shows Delay, not your Actual MS, You can check your Real MS in Task manager Resource Monitor. 

13+40 MS Means lets say From Your computer it takes 13ms to reach lets say France server node and from France Server node it takes 40ms to reach Frankfurt server node, But again, In Game MS is Different from your Real MS, NCSOFT should just Remove or Add a new Description under Delay MS display. it seems people always confuse it with a real MS since they launched the game >.<.

Anyway Final Answer, You should stop trying to achieve the impossible 50 MS and just play with what you have now. or Try Contacting IP, Using Boosters, but don't expect miracles.

Ty for your response. Reality hurts -_____-

22 hours ago, Lady Viera said:

Ty for your response. Reality hurts -_____-

It does, but there is little we can do on our side, You Could try using TCP Optimizer Check Youtube for gaming settings, Now with this you can make it even worse then what you already have so be sure to backup before applying or you can get few MS lower. if it gets worse then you might want to restore it and go each setting separately and try find best settings for you, for everyone it will work differently, while for some it can reduce alot of MS, but for others with same settings can increase MS. so you need to find your best settings.  even if you see no improvements in game, it's still worth optimizing your TCP for other things then gaming.

Its the servers not you. There is nothing you can do. Its pretty much been proven its the servers. They just need to upgrade, but they won't. It wouldn't surprise me if they kept the servers bad on purpose because of some contract with said vpn groups that might exist. Milk that money

4 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

What proof? NCSoft doesn't own the internet. Blaming the servers is ignorant.

What an ignorant statement lol. You mean to say that 95 percent of ISPs across america are the problem to blame for a single game's route? Aion uses ncsoft servers yet ppl get much better ping so its pretty obvious its the servers to blame (Not to mention like no other game has an issue like this). You can get a better ping playing pubg KR server like wow LOL. Countless threads have been made about this issue with people coming to the same conclusion, theres a search bar you know

A million people concluded the earth was flat and the center of the universe.

Nothing you say is obvious. I think the NA servers should be moved from Dallas, but there is no such thing as a single game's route, except for the final hop from a router to the server. 

4 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

A million people concluded the earth was flat and the center of the universe.

Nothing you say is obvious. I think the NA servers should be moved from Dallas, but there is no such thing as a single game's route, except for the final hop from a router to the server. 

That makes absolutely no sense

Simply put, a bunch of people coming to a conclusion is not proof of anything, unless you believe the planet is flat because a bunch of people once agreed that it was so.

The TCP/IP protocol does not guarantee the route a packet will take, or that the next packet will take that same path, so your reference to the 'single game's route" is nonsense. There are a million different paths and navigating the sea of routers in Dallas just to get to the BNS server is outside of NCSoft's control, and blaming them for bad servers instead a a bad location is jumping to conclusions without facts to back it up.

End of discussion. (Meaning I won't reply to your off topic pronouncements so don't bother).

2 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

Simply put, a bunch of people coming to a conclusion is not proof of anything, unless you believe the planet is flat because a bunch of people once agreed that it was so.

The TCP/IP protocol does not guarantee the route a packet will take, or that the next packet will take that same path, so your reference to the 'single game's route" is nonsense. There are a million different paths and navigating the sea of routers in Dallas just to get to the BNS server is outside of NCSoft's control, and blaming them for bad servers instead a a bad location is jumping to conclusions without facts to back it up.

End of discussion. (Meaning I won't reply to your off topic pronouncements so don't bother).

I never said it was a single route so you are misrepresenting my words. What I am saying is that literally all of the players on the bns server have the same issue with horrible ping only for this game. The other ncsoft game aion for example people do not. Other games that aren't ncsoft related such ping issues with "routing" are unheard of. So basically what we have here is that the problem is only with blade and soul and every user has the same issue. The response has been to blame your ISP, but its just ridiculous to say that over 95% of ISPs across america are to blame. They simply need to admit and upgrade their servers. Seriously read some threads or talk to people ingame its common knowledge its why aside from greed players have been leaving the game. Its downright insulting to players that buy trove or subscription to be left with bad servers. You have no proof for what you have been talking about. If anyone is jumping to conclusions its you and people like you is why we are going to be stuck with bad servers even when the optimization patch hits us. Which will only fix fps but not ms. Literally will be a useless patch. I just had another clan leave bns over ms2 because they are sick of the bad servers. Its getting old honestly. 

Even if it was a "routing" issue why is it only with blade and soul and not any other game on the market or any other ncsoft game?? If the routing is bad they need to find better locations. The ping issue is on them, not the player. Its their game and a vast majority of the community is suffering from poor choices. 

Just to make something perfectly clear about this game. If the ingame latency meter tells you that you have 110ms connection, what that means is your ACTUAL connection to the game is  roughly 55ms. Therefore having around 100ms in BnS is considered normal. I'm from europe and i have played lot of games whos servers are in USA, games like Lotro, so i KNOW what a high latency like 140ms feels like and i feel none of the delays what comes from that kind of latencies in BnS with my constant 100ms to 140ms latency therefore i cannot possible have that high latency in BnS even though it says i do.

Also if the actual servers were 100% source of the problem then every single of the 100000 players in the game would have insane lag constantly. Do you see that? No you don't.

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the servers, i'm saying that servers ain't the only source of the problems.

9 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

Just to make something perfectly clear about this game. If the ingame latency meter tells you that you have 110ms connection, what that means is your ACTUAL connection to the game is  roughly 55ms. Therefore having around 100ms in BnS is considered normal. I'm from europe and i have played lot of games whos servers are in USA, games like Lotro, so i KNOW what a high latency like 140ms feels like and i feel none of the delays what comes from that kind of latencies in BnS with my constant 100ms to 140ms latency therefore i cannot possible have that high latency in BnS even though it says i do.

Also if the actual servers were 100% source of the problem then every single of the 100000 players in the game would have insane lag constantly. Do you see that? No you don't.

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the servers, i'm saying that servers ain't the only source of the problems.

Neither am I. I am merely stating that the problem is with NCsoft. The ping issue IS WITH them. Otherwise only a handful/fraction of the community would be suffering from said issues, games of ncsoft like aion would be having similar issues with said fraction of people, and or there would be other games nonncsoft related with such issues. This is a blade and soul only problem and they really need to look at themselves at this point.

P.S. you do see every single of the players having the issue (I have several friends that get like 20ms in games like WoW or counterstrike yet they cannot even login to this game because the ping is so high for them). Just the other night my friends TT who one and dones boss 1 have the whole raid lagging constantly it took them 3-4 hours just to kill boss one due to ping spikes repeatedly that EVERYONE was suffering from. Also EU has better servers...so I wouldn't say you understand what true delays are until you try the terrible NA servers. No offense, but lag in EU and NA are polar opposites in blade & soul (Lag in EU is a joke compared to what people suffer with in NA). Its so bad that NA servers are a meme

4 minutes ago, Crickateer said:

Neither am I. I am merely stating that the problem is with NCsoft. The ping issue IS WITH them. Otherwise only a handful/fraction of the community would be suffering from said issues, games of ncsoft like aion would be having similar issues with said fraction of people, and or there would be other games nonncsoft related with such issues. 

Actually the reason why other games doesn't have that much issues is because of the way the connection has been coded, not because of the servers. Connection in BnS works very differently. Even the slightest disturbance to it makes you lose connection or cause lag. I once had my router change my settings accidentally and it made my  IP address change every 1 hour and i was DC'ing from the game every 1 hour because of it.

4 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

Actually the reason why other games doesn't have that much issues is because of the way the connection has been coded, not because of the servers. Connection in BnS works very differently. Even the slightest disturbance to it makes you lose connection or cause lag. I once had my router change my settings accidentally and it made my  IP address change every 1 hour and i was DC'ing from the game every 1 hour because of it.

DCing and latency are two different things. Also this just bolsters what I am saying. The problem is with them and how they handle connections. They are the ones responsible for fixing this issue of how connections are handled yet they haven't even bothered to try (Although in your case that was obviously a mistake on your end). Your case is a d/c case though not a latency/lag case. Theres a difference between being completely disconnected from  a server and suffering high lag while being connected (When you reset your IP you basically reconnect yourself to the internet so you are force d/cing yourself not having an issue with lag)

Archived