Clients crashs

EugeneV

NCSoft, for how long we, the players will suffer from this bugged client? Why do we getting "Out of memory" and "stack overflow" errors? We are spending our time, getting rating in BG and then, because of client crash all success is losing(same in dungeons). I know, that it is not your product, but you're responsible for it in EU servers. Players want a stable product, with no bugs!!! At least, if there is a bug, they are not supposed to influence on gameplay! This game is not the only one MMORPG. We got new content(many times), but all crash bugs weren't fixed. Make the Koreans developers finally work. Actually, this is the only MMORPG that has so many problems but still alive.

I've never seen an out of memory or stack overflow crash, either with the 32 or 64 bit client. It crashes occasionally, but all games do - there are a lot of 3rd party software that could be causing it - video drivers, audio drivers, directx, etc., outside of the developers control. Your machine sounds unstable, not the game.

I don't know how a crash isn't going to affect gameplay. The game has problems, sure, and certain types of errors can be mitigated, but it's not nearly as bad as you make it sound.

Make a statistic research. From 1000 buttles in BG, how many disconnects do players have. From this amount subtract 25% (let's say that this was their problem). How many players got it?

OOM and stack overflow is just an example. There is a lot of the errors. And, these errors are client problem and not user. I can explain to you about them, but better read.

I can speak for myself here:

I admit the game closes for me randomly maybe once every 2 weeks. But so far I have never even once had a DC in BG like most people get, never had any other errors either. I would say that 75% at least are user PC issues rather than game client.

Those that say most PC users are at fault, aren't entirely wrong, but are missing the point.

The game has poor optimalization which causes "incompatibility" with many PCs. The point of a good game coding is that it works with various set ups. BnS has this exact problem. It doesn't work with them, causing errors, crashes and freezes ( I get random shut downs and error i.e "this app is not responding").

So yea, in order for the game not to crash, is not having a different PC, it's to code the game correctly so it works with various PCs.

1 hour ago, Azuzuzuzu said:

Those that say most PC users are at fault, aren't entirely wrong, but are missing the point.

The game has poor optimalization which causes "incompatibility" with many PCs. The point of a good game coding is that it works with various set ups. BnS has this exact problem. It doesn't work with them, causing errors, crashes and freezes ( I get random shut downs and error i.e "this app is not responding").

So yea, in order for the game not to crash, is not having a different PC, it's to code the game correctly so it works with various PCs.

I do see your point, but i would honestly lean more towards the fact that people have a lot of basically garbage installed on their PC's which causes those issues.

I mean, those that know thir way with Pc's i doubt they have many issues, but users who dont know the technical stuff and just rely on service's to install their PC's or ones that use the ones already bought in stores which have tons of bloatware on them are the ones having issues.

I run the game on 3 desktops at home (2 older ones and my current one) all with different setups and configs and they do not have these issues.

Even my crappy work laptop can run it without a DC in battleground.

5 hours ago, Puril said:

2h online 5 crashes and everytime its in lobby or dungeon entry or generally loading screens. no am not running on some trash pc. still this crash madness is just lol.

If you zone out and hold down a movement key while on a loading screen, the game will crash.  Don't know if that's the problem, just saying.

11 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I can speak for myself here:

I admit the game closes for me randomly maybe once every 2 weeks. But so far I have never even once had a DC in BG like most people get, never had any other errors either. I would say that 75% at least are user PC issues rather than game client.

Hey. It's true that many people have trash PC, and a lot of viruses, but the same people are playing in others projects, and they have no crashs' there!

In BG, from 5 battles at least in one of them, someone has a disconnect. Its effect on the game and probably you will lose because of this.

And let's be honest. If the client crash because of "Not responding" most likely there is a deadlock, and it's a developers problems. The bug exists more than a year and no one cares. Like, wtf. I understand that new content is highly important to keep this project alive, but runtime errors in such a huge amount... Fire the dev team or PM, bring someone new, someone, who knows the work.

3 hours ago, EugeneV said:

Hey. It's true that many people have trash PC, and a lot of viruses, but the same people are playing in others projects, and they have no crashs' there!

In BG, from 5 battles at least in one of them, someone has a disconnect. Its effect on the game and probably you will lose because of this.

And let's be honest. If the client crash because of "Not responding" most likely there is a deadlock, and it's a developers problems. The bug exists more than a year and no one cares. Like, wtf. I understand that new content is highly important to keep this project alive, but runtime errors in such a huge amount... Fire the dev team or PM, bring someone new, someone, who knows the work.

Its not trash Pc's. I mean they maybe potatos, but they still run the game. what i am mostly referring to is things like software runn ing on the PC or "trash" on the Pc, since most people dont keep their hard drives clean of useless things, registry errors, some dont even refresh the Os foir several years, and those things have impact on it.

And running other games without issues is not a good argument to use, since not every game is the same and the PC does not behave the same for every game.

In over 2 years of playing, Never had a client crash,  that was not from my end that is, Few Months ago My Game used to crash 10+ times every day, and it started happening once I moved from one Internet Provider to another. so I contacted them explained the problem and they sent me a new router. and I never had crash since then, Problem disappeared instantly. You people must understand, If This was the games fault, every one would have problems and not the selected individuals. But it's easier to go Forums and Blame Everything and everyone else then yourself, Typical. 

I have a pretty good computer; I'm generally the first one loaded in and holds 70-80FPS in battles on max settings.  But I crash on average 5 times a day, 10 on raid days.  I've tried lowering my graphics all the way to low-end PC spec, but it doesn't help at all, so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with graphics.

Archived