Dungeon/raid gets mech reverted: Intended or mistakes?

Alysha Hawkeye

Some dungeons/raids get their previous nerf reverted:

-Bubble blocking is back to Numok in Drowning Deeps. Nothing special, cuz people do it non-bubble anyway.

-Pillar drops is back to Rukesh in Sandstorm Temple. Instant wipe/heavy damage if pillar get explodes, depend on difficulty.

-Bug bomb is back Hive Queen in Temple of Elevium. Instant kill people in middle if the baiter doesn't move away fast after every knockdown.

-etc.

While it provides some challenges, especially to players who never learn to deal with these mech, the revert seems to be uncalled for as it is never addressed in patch notes.

Would like to heard NCSoft's input to the matter.

• 1 month later...

Me and my clan got the same problem, and since we have low dps/gear, we're strugling to even reach the first add phase, some ppl already gave up on the game because HQ is basicaly impossible with the bug bomb hitting everyone in middle. And in the current patch notes we saw no mention of the bugs being fixed.

2 hours ago, 00zigor said:

Me and my clan got the same problem, and since we have low dps/gear, we're strugling to even reach the first add phase, some ppl already gave up on the game because HQ is basicaly impossible with the bug bomb hitting everyone in middle. And in the current patch notes we saw no mention of the bugs being fixed.

That just means that either you're not equipped to do the job, or not good enough to do it.

Bug bomb, if working correctly, has always been a mech with HQ. If you don't know how to work around it, read a guide on how to manage the bomb.

It was a bug/fail of NC to reduce the mechanics, it was never intended !

2 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

@amokk But the bug bomb doesn't work correctly. He didn't say he wants it removed but fixed.

Last I've heard, bug bomb stays in mid, no matter where the people go, right ?

So just leave mid after KD. Know the timing and you're fine. 

If you don't have enough DPS, tough luck - gear up for a month and go at it again.

Not saying buggy raidboss is ok, that's total bullshit from NC, but quitting over such a tiny thing is petty imho. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Yes, but leaving the middle gives you 30s debuff. Getting this debuff on all three mid dps each time you need to KD boss is much bigger dps loss than what was intended. 
Until today's patch they weren't even able to drop aransu weapon materials. They could buy the sealed version but its not that easy to earn gold for new players who needs to upgrade each part of gear.

The bugged bug bomb is around for 6 weeks already. That's plenty of time to report it to Korea and get some kind of hotfix.

I agree that quiting the game just because of it might be an extreme reaction, especially if you enjoy other content in game. On the other side it can be really frustrating if your progression is prevented by some bug and you have no information when it will be fixed.

34 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

Yes, but leaving the middle gives you 30s debuff. Getting this debuff on all three mid dps each time you need to KD boss is much bigger dps loss than what was intended. 
Until today's patch they weren't even able to drop aransu weapon materials. They could buy the sealed version but its not that easy to earn gold for new players who needs to upgrade each part of gear.

The bugged bug bomb is around for 6 weeks already. That's plenty of time to report it to Korea and get some kind of hotfix.

I agree that quiting the game just because of it might be an extreme reaction, especially if you enjoy other content in game. On the other side it can be really frustrating if your progression is prevented by some bug and you have no information when it will be fixed.

You only need kd to move her, you can be pretty much safe with just using stuns, that way you reduce the DPS loss.

Archived