Dreamsong Theater does not work

Kasumi Rose

DISCLAIMER: I jumped to conclusions AF with this: I pressed f8; saw the big "DREAMSONG THEATER" icon with instructions on where to go; and of course I assumed that was the only Dreamsong Theater there was.

I'm prepared for the storm of regurgitated internet insults. But still, the Dungeon Challenge mode is probably a little too difficult to get started running, so I'll leave this post up (and add this comment to the main post, so ppl read it first and I don't have to reply to a bunch of standard, toxic internet users)

______ _ _

Players are going to want/need to run Dreamsong Theater, but people, in general, are going to be discouraged from joining a player's party for fear of losing their rank. This mechanic that's being attempted does not work well for a game this small. It is anti-gameplay

I'm not even upset for personal reasons, this is just a legitimately, objectively bad gameplay idea; If I had run this dungeon and received my rank, and then I was faced with the opportunity to possibly get a lower rank and fewer rewards for playing with someone who hasn't gotten a chance to play yet, I wouldn't want to play with them either. Does this make sense? Some people just simply aren't going to be able to find a party.

As is, this Dungeon Challenge is way too geared towards the elite members of clans, groups of friends, and discord lobbies, and it completely leaves the common player(s) in the dust; even players who are quite geared, or who are in clans will be often excluded if they're not amongst the top 10 or so players.

This new mode needs to have a lower barrier to entry. Keep in mind, Blade and Soul is a video-game where a large percentage of the player base hates the f8 lobby simply because it takes some patience and effort from time to time; they're never going to want to help out anyone who isn't top-whale for this Dungeon Challenge if it means risking rewards.

Please rework this as soon as possible,

thanxz~

As far I know, you don't lose rank just by playing the dungeon. You need the challenge orb thingy to make the dungeon run count on the rank. But if you are trying to say that it will be hard to find people to do ranked runs... then.. there's no solution for that. It's aimed at people that already worked as a team and trusted each other before.

3 minutes ago, Richtofen said:

As far I know, you don't lose rank just by playing the dungeon. You need the challenge orb thingy to make the dungeon run count on the rank. But if you are trying to say that it will be hard to find people to do ranked runs... then.. there's no solution for that. It's aimed at people that already worked as a team and trusted each other before.

"Joining a party deletes the character's current Dungeon Challenge Party Ranking." There's no option to run it unranked, or if there is, correct me because it doesn't seem clearly stated. I'm in the f11 recruit lobby (which is where the icon in f8 tells you to go) looking at it rn.

It probably means joining another ranked party, since you need to create a fixed party to enter the ranked mode. But you can simply enter F8 and enter the dungeon through there. It won't clear your rank if you're not using the challenge orb to do a ranked run.

well shoot, I jumped to conclusions AF. I pressed f8, saw the big "DREAMSONG THEATER" icon with instructions on where to go, and of course I assumed that was the only one

I'm prepared for the storm of regurgitated internet insults. But still, the challenge is probably a little too elitist, so I'll leave this post up (and add this comment to the main post, so ppl read it first and I don't have to reply to a bunch of standard, toxic internet users)

3 hours ago, Kasumi Rose said:

But still, the challenge is probably a little too elitist

Any mode with competitive ladder is obviously going to be "elitist".

I think the bigger issue is that the challenger's orb fragment drop from weekly challenge is rng based. That means that lucky players will have more attepts per season while someone unlucky might not even get a chance to do the challenge.

...I had the same issue, could not find anyone to party with, and went in solo. (55, HM 16)  After a heck of a fight, beat the gatekeeper, but got no further. Got no reward for the fight, posted that elsewhere, but your post clarifies that the focus is on the super types... pity... The last event was much broader in scope. At least I got a lot of Legendary Hammers from fighting the puppets at the Celestial Basin...

Archived