this is how broken this game is

i wanna die

Hello here I made an experiment to see just how badly optimized blade & soul Is compared to other games im used to playing, I have attacked 3 screenshots showing the results.

Though in one case for me bns doesn't even wanna stay working for longer than 2 minutes. It freezes and I need to force shut down my laptop if I want to exit. I don't experience this with any other game. Idk why the other images are upside down. 1st pic is lineage2, 2nd is league of legends, 3rd is blade and soul.

IMG_4633.jpgIMG_4636.jpgimage0.jpg

Huh??

Your results seriously mean absolutely nothing. Maybe if you had number of polygons, draw ops per second, blah blah blah, it would show something meaningful.

I'm not saying the game is optimized very well, but there's no science, no control, no basis for your conclusion.

42 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

Its not the game its your Potato PC.  Solution.. upgrade your PC, get a M.2 main drive
I use a water cooler on my CPU and GPU's  the only heat producing item in my PC is the Power Supply and  DDR 4 - 3733 Memory

stop fooling yourself, the game is terribly optimized... especially for new pc's.
8700k 5.3ghz, gtx1070, samsung 960 evo, and an 850 pro + 16gb ddr4 3000mhz and still a terrible experience.
Not to mention the server lag.

2 hours ago, SkFy said:

stop fooling yourself, the game is terribly optimized... especially for new pc's.
8700k 5.3ghz, gtx1070, samsung 960 evo, and an 850 pro + 16gb ddr4 3000mhz and still a terrible experience.

really...i have a similar spec to yours and my fps does not drop below 80 FPs.....without an overclocked cpu even.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2018 at 10:28 AM, Grimoir said:

really...i have a similar spec to yours and my fps does not drop below 80 FPs.....without an overclocked cpu even.

in raid? hard to believe rly, at mushin sure... that sounds about accurate... but in raid.. no way.
Also 1440p btw? or 1080?

4 minutes ago, SkFy said:

in raid? hard to believe rly, at mushin sure... that sounds about accurate... but in raid.. no way.
Also 1440p btw? or 1080?

In raid, and 1080, dont have fancier screens as they are hella expensive here LOL. Tho at like mushins the fps is i wil lsay "stable" in raid it jumps a lot so its like 80-95-102-82-81-97.....

20 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

In raid, and 1080, dont have fancier screens as they are hella expensive here LOL. Tho at like mushins the fps is i wil lsay "stable" in raid it jumps a lot so its like 80-95-102-82-81-97.....

At the start of the raid im around like 50 fps... but after a few hours it drops to like 30 lol... 
Might try some 1080 when the game is back on see if that makes some difference, cause other games work just fine its only bns causing problems constantly..
Both FPS/Ping wise...
Can also ping anything else perfectly low&stable, but bns eu… 

1 minute ago, SkFy said:

At the start of the raid im around like 50 fps... but after a few hours it drops to like 30 lol... 
Might try some 1080 when the game is back on see if that makes some difference, cause other games work just fine its only bns causing problems constantly..
Both FPS/Ping wise...
Can also ping anything else perfectly low&stable, but bns eu… 

Eeew EU LOL. I live in EU but i play on NA, cause of people xD But i do hear a lot of issues about EU servers lol.

Also, after a few hours of playing my fps doesnt really drop but the game gets like...cluncky so i have to restart it, clear memory and then it runs smooth again.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Eeew EU LOL. I live in EU but i play on NA, cause of people xD But i do hear a lot of issues about EU servers lol.

Also, after a few hours of playing my fps doesnt really drop but the game gets like...cluncky so i have to restart it, clear memory and then it runs smooth again.

Well can do lots of dungeons before it happens, but in raid it seems to happen really soon..
And if everyone always has to restart the raid wont get anywhere 
A lot of people from raid groups already quit the game cause it's just tilting to have the whole team die cause of the servers not responding or someone lagging..

And ncsoft still didn't acknowledge there even is a problem with the EU servers lol. even though it's been horrible ever since the amazon servers.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:39 PM, SkFy said:

ut you know.. many people have left the game for the very reason your post is about..
NC will not do anything that does not make them more money. Optimization is not a profit generator. It could be but Investors want immediate payback. Its a fact This game will not likely be on the net for much longer.

Newer and better optimized games are in the works 2019 looks promising

I run a i7 3.4ghz oclocked to 5.2 ghz  (stable) with water cooler. GPU is just a single Nvidia 1080 xtreme gaming 12gb ddr5., 64 Gb Vengeance Memory, Samsung 870 Pro series 1 Tb M.2. Most times I am 35-55ms and 85-110 fps in a raid setting. Blade and Soul runs fine. 

My specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz (Not overclocked) Cosair watercooling system, 8 140 mm cooling fans w/1 200mm fan.
Memory: 16384MB RAM

Video Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 w/8088 MB

Until 8 days ago, the game was running great at 60fps with the 64bit client. That all changed after the previous maintenance on Wednesday a week ago. My FPS dropped to 25fps doing nothing, then down to 1 to 2 walking or any action. And by the suggestions from those in this thread this is my machine's fault? I think not. I play 3 other games with 64bit clients with FPS above 100FPS. I've never experienced this issue before.

It is such an issue that customer service is working hard with me to find out why this is an issue. Conversely, in order to play the game without any FPS problems, I have to run the game with the 32bit client. I don't have this problem with Neverwinter, Final Fantasy XIV, or World of Warships (when I played). Just here.

There is a problem with the 64bit client. Some don't experience but others do. We all cannot have bad, slow, outdated, or less than stellar computer systems. My rig is a pure gaming rig that runs all games on Ultra, here I'm running ultra too. Heck, I even tried reducing everything to 1 and selecting optimize for a low end computer with the 64bit client. The FPS did not increase. Therefore, using Occam's Razor, the simplest answer is the 64bit client is the culprit. Even customer service is coming to that conclusion based on their replies and suggestions. I even downloaded a new client. Even that did not work.

I've been involved with computers (building my own since the Pentium 286 era), I've never ran into an issue like this that could not be resolve with minor adjustments. No amount of adjustments to the 64bit client will resolve the issue. Switching to the 32bit client remedies it. Now, ask yourself this; why is that?

My last alternative is to unload the game and do a complete new install and that is not a guarantee that it will fix the issue. The issue cropped up 2 maintenance cycles ago (including this one yesterday). Why? Did my machine suddenly suffer shitte for brains and crap itself? I refer you to the statement I play other games with 64bit clients with no issues. The issue is the 64bit client. If you do not suffer this, consider yourself blessed. Those of us that do, do not mock or demean them for it. It is a real issue that customer service is actively looking to resolve.

Note: From my latest DX report, No issues. Used HiJackThis, not issues found. The latter requested by customer service I run along with my debug to send them.

13 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

My specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz (Not overclocked) Cosair watercooling system, 8 140 mm cooling fans w/1 200mm fan.
Memory: 16384MB RAM

Video Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 w/8088 MB

Until 8 days ago, the game was running great at 60fps with the 64bit client. That all changed after the previous maintenance on Wednesday a week ago. My FPS dropped to 25fps doing nothing, then down to 1 to 2 walking or any action. And by the suggestions from those in this thread this is my machine's fault? I think not. I play 3 other games with 64bit clients with FPS above 100FPS. I've never experienced this issue before.

It is such an issue that customer service is working hard with me to find out why this is an issue. Conversely, in order to play the game without any FPS problems, I have to run the game with the 32bit client. I don't have this problem with Neverwinter, Final Fantasy XIV, or World of Warships (when I played). Just here.

There is a problem with the 64bit client. Some don't experience but others do. We all cannot have bad, slow, outdated, or less than stellar computer systems. My rig is a pure gaming rig that runs all games on Ultra, here I'm running ultra too. Heck, I even tried reducing everything to 1 and selecting optimize for a low end computer with the 64bit client. The FPS did not increase. Therefore, using Occam's Razor, the simplest answer is the 64bit client is the culprit. Even customer service is coming to that conclusion based on their replies and suggestions. I even downloaded a new client. Even that did not work.

I've been involved with computers (building my own since the Pentium 286 era), I've never ran into an issue like this that could not be resolve with minor adjustments. No amount of adjustments to the 64bit client will resolve the issue. Switching to the 32bit client remedies it. Now, ask yourself this; why is that?

My last alternative is to unload the game and do a complete new install and that is not a guarantee that it will fix the issue. The issue cropped up 2 maintenance cycles ago (including this one yesterday). Why? Did my machine suddenly suffer shitte for brains and crap itself? I refer you to the statement I play other games with 64bit clients with no issues. The issue is the 64bit client. If you do not suffer this, consider yourself blessed. Those of us that do, do not mock or demean them for it. It is a real issue that customer service is actively looking to resolve.

Note: From my latest DX report, No issues. Used HiJackThis, not issues found. The latter requested by customer service I run along with my debug to send them.

There was a windows update issues on tuesday. Other than that, i do not deny the game has some issues, but personally i believe that its your computer that has a problem and not the 64bit client itself.

If it wouldnt seem like a shady business i wouldnt mind helping people out remotely but sadly you are stuck with nc support .-.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

There was a windows update issues on tuesday. Other than that, i do not deny the game has some issues, but personally i believe that its your computer that has a problem and not the 64bit client itself.

If it wouldnt seem like a shady business i wouldnt mind helping people out remotely but sadly you are stuck with nc support .-.

You fail to understand what I just said. This issue did not start yesterday. It started after Wednesday a WEEK AGO. Before any Win update. 25 years involved with computers, building them, programing them, and using them. Yeah, it is my machine. Glad to know that you can diagnose my issue where those who run the game cannot. You should get into the business of soothsaying too.

7 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

You fail to understand what I just said. This issue did not start yesterday. It started after Wednesday a WEEK AGO. Before any Win update. 25 years involved with computers, building them, programing them, and using them. Yeah, it is my machine. Glad to know that you can diagnose my issue where those who run the game cannot. You should get into the business of soothsaying too.

If it was the game, EVERYONE would experience the same issues as everyone shares the same client. And since you say yourself started a week ago after wednesday and only you seem to complain, simply proves its your machine. Building PC's doesnt mean that certain software or things you do on your pc, or install, or ill say "care" for your PC dont cause issues.

its easier to blame something on a game client rather than your own machine.

6 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

If it was the game, EVERYONE would experience the same issues as everyone shares the same client. And since you say yourself started a week ago after wednesday and only you seem to complain, simply proves its your machine. Building PC's doesnt mean that certain software or things you do on your pc, or install, or ill say "care" for your PC dont cause issues.

its easier to blame something on a game client rather than your own machine.

You clearly do not understand. That's okay. It's my machine's issue. It's a piece of scat. I should just throw it away and buy a new one with an 8th generation i7 chip set and motor on. There's nothing to see here. No one else is having issues. It's all in our minds and we should seek help based on your most qualified advice.

Answer me this: If customer service's technical team recognizes its an issue and is working to resolve it after all the tests I've run on this machine that they requested showing no performance issues with my computer and their 64bit client. How is it that this automatically becomes my computers issue when they themselves cannot refute the find of the tests stating my machine is not the issue. Divine that one for me.

22 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

You clearly do not understand. That's okay. It's my machine's issue. It's a piece of scat. I should just throw it away and buy a new one with an 8th generation i7 chip set and motor on. There's nothing to see here. No one else is having issues. It's all in our minds and we should seek help based on your most qualified advice.

Answer me this: If customer service's technical team recognizes its an issue and is working to resolve it after all the tests I've run on this machine that they requested showing no performance issues with my computer and their 64bit client. How is it that this automatically becomes my computers issue when they themselves cannot refute the find of the tests stating my machine is not the issue. Divine that one for me.

I never said your machine is crappy or anything from the sort, but what i mean is i know from a lot of friends and people i play with that most of them run all kind of bloatware and other crap software on their PC's etc that causes them a lot of issues with BnS.

As for the customer service reply: Personally, i do not trust anything they say since half their answers are standardized, other few are just there to delay work on the ticket, and i personally caught them a few times saying similar things with proof they didnt actually know what they were talking about so....i would take it with a grain of salt.

But i can tell you my old PC had way worse specs than yours, and in the 3 years i played the game, no crashes, no fps issues (asside them being low due to a old CPU, but still they didnt drop below like 50-60). now i built my new PC and the same, no crashes, no fps issues at all.

thats why in my opinion the issues are mostly on the machines of the users themselves. My boyfriend also had a lot of issues but after we actually looked at his pc, changes a few settings optimized some things he has not had a problem since.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I never said your machine is crappy or anything from the sort, but what i mean is i know from a lot of friends and people i play with that most of them run all kind of bloatware and other crap software on their PC's etc that causes them a lot of issues with BnS.

As for the customer service reply: Personally, i do not trust anything they say since half their answers are standardized, other few are just there to delay work on the ticket, and i personally caught them a few times saying similar things with proof they didnt actually know what they were talking about so....i would take it with a grain of salt.

But i can tell you my old PC had way worse specs than yours, and in the 3 years i played the game, no crashes, no fps issues (asside them being low due to a old CPU, but still they didnt drop below like 50-60). now i built my new PC and the same, no crashes, no fps issues at all.

thats why in my opinion the issues are mostly on the machines of the users themselves. My boyfriend also had a lot of issues but after we actually looked at his pc, changes a few settings optimized some things he has not had a problem since.

I run no bloatware whatsoever. I run only those programs necessary to keep my machine healthy and running pristine.  Again, my issue did not become prevalent until after their maintenance on Wednesday, Jan 2. Before that, no issues. I switched to 32bit client, problem fixed. Switched back to 64bit after applying their recommended fixes, still an issue even after switching compatibility to Win8 and Win7. Still no resolution. Switched back to 32bit Win10, purrs like a kitten. I'm old school tech trouble shooting. After doing what is necessary and still it does not fix the problem and finding the other client works perfectly, the 64bit client is an issue.

Count yourself lucky that you're not experiencing this yourself. However, if and when it does happen, you'll have the foreknowledge of what the OP and I are experiencing (and there are a number of others who've posted FPS issues) and now to circumventing it until they can find a fix or it simply goes away. If you search this forum, you'll see others posting this. Some may claim it is lag; however, FPS dropping simulated lag and in a spectacular way too. Alternatively, since this game does not use the GPU and is heavily reliant on the CPU all the adjustments you do to your own video card's settings will not make any differences. I know, I tried.

@StrykerGaming I've already experienced similar FPS drops in 64bit client twice. What helped me:
1) move the whole NCSOFT folder to different folder on same drive.

2) run the launcher, it will complain about moving the folder

3) select the new path for NCSOFT\BnS folder

4) run the repair

I can't really explain why this worked.

11 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

@StrykerGaming I've already experienced similar FPS drops in 64bit client twice. What helped me:
1) move the whole NCSOFT folder to different folder on same drive.

2) run the launcher, it will complain about moving the folder

3) selected the new path for NCSOFT\BnS folder

4) run the repair

I can't really explain why this worked.

Come to think about it, my game is on my D: drive and the launcher on C: drive. If this is the issue...it is one that neither of us (myself or CS) considered. I'll hope this is the cause, if not...shrug. Thanks for the information. I'll see about making the changes. I'll look at the exact folder location is on C: and move it to D:. I'll let you know. Thank you again.

I've moved the NCSOFT folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)" to "C:\Program Files" first time and from "C:\Program Files" to "C:\Games" second time i've encountered that issue.

I've had the launcher on C: drive when the issue occured first and moved it to D: drive when trying different things when i was looking for solutin for the first time. I've kept it on my D: drive since then so having launcher on different drive doesn't seem to be cause.

3 hours ago, Dlacik said:

I've moved the NCSOFT folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)" to "C:\Program Files" first time and from "C:\Program Files" to "C:\Games" second time i've encountered that issue.

I've had the launcher on C: drive when the issue occured first and moved it to D: drive when trying different things when i was looking for solutin for the first time. I've kept it on my D: drive since then so having launcher on different drive doesn't seem to be cause.

It worked for me somewhat; however, the most I could get was an increase to 33 to 36FPS. I received another option to do involving my vid-card to completely override the game's settings. Same results...nothing changed from what I obtained from your suggestion. <Shrug> So, I reverted back to 32bit using the new settings and now I have 120fps everywhere except in Zaiwei, I'm sitting at 42 to 47fps. Go figure. lol I guess I'll just run with 32bit on max video settings and play. Thanks for your help.

55 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

It worked for me somewhat; however, the most I could get was an increase to 33 to 36FPS. I received another option to do involving my vid-card to completely override the game's settings. Same results...nothing changed from what I obtained from your suggestion. <Shrug> So, I reverted back to 32bit using the new settings and now I have 120fps everywhere except in Zaiwei, I'm sitting at 42 to 47fps. Go figure. lol I guess I'll just run with 32bit on max video settings and play. Thanks for your help.

Might sound dumb but:

Have you double checked your Windows FTH if its still disabled and if not if BnS is still addedas exception?

Did you disable your bluettooth in device manager?

Did you add the bns folder as exception into windows defender?

Archived