Focus damage, how does it work?

Arohk

Can someone please explain to me the logic on Focus damage in PvP?

I as a blademaster can almost not do any attacks on enemies because with every hit i do all my focus gets drained, i fall out of my damage stance and can't use my CC's properly, as a blademaster i am required to do multiple smaller hits instead of one big burst attack like Fm or KFM who can kill others with a single hit.

Which item actually causes this problem? the only item i can see focus damage on is the ring, but the tooltip doesn't match this mechanic.

Chance on hit to deal 10(20)% focus damage.

this should mean that MY attacks deal focus damage on ENEMIES, but how comes that i attack someone and my focus is empty, it is really annoying and makes no sense.

PvP weapons starting from ascendant and up proc a buff on hit that drains 100% of attacker's focus up to a certain number of hits, and lasts for 18 seconds, with cooldown of 17 seconds. When 17 second cooldown ends, all skill cooldowns are reset, and previously mentioned buff can be proc'd again, and repeats in that cycle.

17 hours ago, Arohk said:

Can someone please explain to me the logic on Focus damage in PvP?

I as a blademaster can almost not do any attacks on enemies because with every hit i do all my focus gets drained, i fall out of my damage stance and can't use my CC's properly, as a blademaster i am required to do multiple smaller hits instead of one big burst attack like Fm or KFM who can kill others with a single hit.

Which item actually causes this problem? the only item i can see focus damage on is the ring, but the tooltip doesn't match this mechanic.

Chance on hit to deal 10(20)% focus damage.

this should mean that MY attacks deal focus damage on ENEMIES, but how comes that i attack someone and my focus is empty, it is really annoying and makes no sense.

You need the PVP accessories to counter the focus drain. Without the PVP ring you will be dead meat.

35 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You need the PVP accessories to counter the focus drain. Without the PVP ring you will be dead meat.

i got ring,belt,bracelet and gloves, also dragon-forge weapon(3), but i still can't act properly in most situations.

Archived