Yun Only Class

BladeOfNyx

So I've been with BnS since closed beta but one thing that has always bothered me is: Will the Yun get a class of their own? I mean the Jin has Assassin, the Gon has Destroyer, and the Lyn has both Blade Dancer and Summoner. So will there be one for the Yun? Because at the moment every since class that a Yun can be, can be play by other races.

I realy doubt it mainly because in my opinion yun is least populer race of all. And with curent new classes it seems they arent going for for race locked class like they did when game started. Can yun get one more class sure and i thing there was rumor that archer gon be yun and lyn shared but just rumor but i dont beleave they gona give any  race any specific class locked to that race anymore.

it's not gender lock it's race lock and also don't you think that it's unfair that the other race has a unique class while the Yun doesn't? that's how it feels to me. BTW that's one of the reasons that there's less Yun around compared to the other races it cause they DON'T have their own unique class I mean just look at the assassins, Destroyers, Blade Dancers and Summoners, which are unique class that only their respective race can be where as the Yun doesn't have any class that can't be played by other people

15 hours ago, BladeOfNyx said:

it's not gender lock it's race lock and also don't you think that it's unfair that the other race has a unique class while the Yun doesn't? that's how it feels to me. BTW that's one of the reasons that there's less Yun around compared to the other races it cause they DON'T have their own unique class I mean just look at the assassins, Destroyers, Blade Dancers and Summoners, which are unique class that only their respective race can be where as the Yun doesn't have any class that can't be played by other people

The whole race being 1 gender, means giving the race a unique class would make it gender-locked. I think it's unfair to make a class that people who prefer playing as male, will be unable to play.

Sure, this might fix the imbalance between the races, but what's the point if it's just gonna start a whole different war at the same time?

People who play bm, kfm, fm, wl, sf, gunner, warrior, all have nothing to do with this little war the Yun community made up. Why should they be affected by this?

And not only is this unfair to people who prefer to play male. There's plenty of people who prefer to play female, but don't want to play Yun because well, Yuns are like sticks. Eat a cracker or 2 for the love of God.

So basically, your targets are: Sin, Des, Sum, Bd. Collateral damage: people who play the 7 other classes, and prefer either playing male, or if female, at least not being a stick. And yet you're trying to make it seem like this is all for justice.

Honestly you don't have to be so rude when it was only a opinion. JUST because YOU don't like the Yun doesn't mean you have to belittle them however, when other races get their own unique class it IS unfair that Yun doesn't have one regardless of whether it's female only or not. The Yun is an all female race but it is STILL a race, which means that compared to the other races I think it's unfair that the Yun doesn't get their own class. The people who main BM, KFM, FM, WL, SF, Maestro, and Warrior DOES have NOTHING to do with this so I don't even know why you even brought that up. As for people who likes or mains Sin, Des, Sum, or BD are playing that race JUST for that class. For example do you really think that everybody who plays a Sum would KEEP wanting to be a Lyn ONLY? So that argument is already out, if it was made so that other races CAN play those classes this topic wouldn't even be up here.

In the end I was only stating my OPINION on the fact that it's unfair that other races gets a race locked class where as the Yun does not. AND if you READ my discussion in it's entirety you would see that I was only ASKING if there WILL be one or not. On an another note the fact that the Yun is ONLY female does NOT mean that it's gender locked it's only race locked REGARDLESS because of the fact that there are no males in the Yun race. You can hate Gender locked classes all you want and in honesty I HATE gender locked classes (looking at you Tera Online) but when every race EXCEPT one gets a unique class that comes across as unfair to me.

17 hours ago, Onbekend said:

The whole race being 1 gender, means giving the race a unique class would make it gender-locked. I think it's unfair to make a class that people who prefer playing as male, will be unable to play.

Sure, this might fix the imbalance between the races, but what's the point if it's just gonna start a whole different war at the same time?

People who play bm, kfm, fm, wl, sf, gunner, warrior, all have nothing to do with this little war the Yun community made up. Why should they be affected by this?

And not only is this unfair to people who prefer to play male. There's plenty of people who prefer to play female, but don't want to play Yun because well, Yuns are like sticks. Eat a cracker or 2 for the love of God.

So basically, your targets are: Sin, Des, Sum, Bd. Collateral damage: people who play the 7 other classes, and prefer either playing male, or if female, at least not being a stick. And yet you're trying to make it seem like this is all for justice.

Just to put this out there, anytime there is any type of lock (gender or race) there will be people who feel cheated.  There are probably those who would like to play summoners but wont touch the small animal "kid" like race to save their lives.  Some people won't pick Gon due to how the class looks (seen people who don't like their idle animation).  So complaining about having some classes locked behind a gender specific race, but not at the same time arguing to take all other race locks out seems counter productive.

What Blade is saying does make sense, IF you are going to put race lock classes in, all races should have it. 2 cents, I personally don't care about race lock either way, I will play what class I like and make the character fit that race.

9 hours ago, BladeOfNyx said:

Honestly you don't have to be so rude when it was only a opinion. JUST because YOU don't like the Yun doesn't mean you have to belittle them however, when other races get their own unique class it IS unfair that Yun doesn't have one regardless of whether it's female only or not. The Yun is an all female race but it is STILL a race, which means that compared to the other races I think it's unfair that the Yun doesn't get their own class. The people who main BM, KFM, FM, WL, SF, Maestro, and Warrior DOES have NOTHING to do with this so I don't even know why you even brought that up. As for people who likes or mains Sin, Des, Sum, or BD are playing that race JUST for that class. For example do you really think that everybody who plays a Sum would KEEP wanting to be a Lyn ONLY? So that argument is already out, if it was made so that other races CAN play those classes this topic wouldn't even be up here.

In the end I was only stating my OPINION on the fact that it's unfair that other races gets a race locked class where as the Yun does not. AND if you READ my discussion in it's entirety you would see that I was only ASKING if there WILL be one or not. On an another note the fact that the Yun is ONLY female does NOT mean that it's gender locked it's only race locked REGARDLESS because of the fact that there are no males in the Yun race. You can hate Gender locked classes all you want and in honesty I HATE gender locked classes (looking at you Tera Online) but when every race EXCEPT one gets a unique class that comes across as unfair to me.

8 hours ago, Nihilu said:

Just to put this out there, anytime there is any type of lock (gender or race) there will be people who feel cheated.  There are probably those who would like to play summoners but wont touch the small animal "kid" like race to save their lives.  Some people won't pick Gon due to how the class looks (seen people who don't like their idle animation).  So complaining about having some classes locked behind a gender specific race, but not at the same time arguing to take all other race locks out seems counter productive.

What Blade is saying does make sense, IF you are going to put race lock classes in, all races should have it. 2 cents, I personally don't care about race lock either way, I will play what class I like and make the character fit that race.

So you're already saying there's people who want to play SUM, yet hate being Lyn. Yet you want to make the exact same thing to happen with Yun, for the sake of justice. Does that mean you just like chaos, or does that mean you're not very smart?

Also, can we stop acting like Lyns being little furries, is equal to Yun being female only? Lyns being childlike is equal to Yuns being thin as sticks. Lyns being furry-like is equal to Yuns being elf-like. 

Again, my overall point, is that you're affecting people who are completely in the gray zone. I'm a Jin (most normal, average race). I'm a BM (not "guilty" of playing a 1-race class). I prefer playing male. I don't apply to any of your arguments. I too, had to leave my comfort-zone, to try out DES. I too, had to leave my comfort-zone, to try out SUM/BD. And I never cared much about SIN. So why should I be forced to not only make an anorexic elf, but also be female on top of that?

I'd have to leave my comfort-zone twice, to make a character of this class. And so far, that hasn't happened yet. That's why I'm saying you're starting a whole new war. 

So unless this class would be Yun&male-Jin only, it would be completely unfair towards people who prefer to play male. And you would just be fighting fire with fire.

@Onbekend actually if you read the second part of my comment, it is "IF you are going to put race lock classes in" I never said I was all for, just that due to the game already having race lock classes it should be done for all.  IF you are going to go for this concept, go for it, not jsut partially. By them only kind of doing class locks at the beginning, the seeds of chaos was already sown, if they had said put FM as a Yun only class from the beginning, very few people would of probably thought anything of it.  I think a standpoint you are more trying to stand on would be that you don't believe that any class should be tied behind any one race.  That I think could also be a value view point, but to only "vocally" say you do not want one race to have it due to a feature of the race (female only) would be the same argument as if you made it against another race.  

My personal preference would of been not to have a class lock from the beginning, and each class be tied to 2 races.  This would of allowed to still build characteristics of the races, while not limiting game play choices so drastically.   Unless they decide tho to get rid of the class lock, then I would be for supporting Yun's getting their own class, as those who favor Yuns probably feel slighted as their preference has nothing "special" to bring to the class choices like other races have.

Also to pick apart different aspects of a race and try to correlate it with aspects of another race imo doesn't work, if a player doesn't like an aspect of a race and wont play it due to it, then that is that.  On the inverse their are players who will only play specific races, and are also cut out from playing classes due to their comfort/preference levels.  This is the risk of running class lock systems, and developers, imo, need to make this decision and either way go all the way with the choice they decide to do.

30 minutes ago, Nihilu said:

@Onbekend actually if you read the second part of my comment, it is "IF you are going to put race lock classes in" I never said I was all for, just that due to the game already having race lock classes it should be done for all.  IF you are going to go for this concept, go for it, not jsut partially. By them only kind of doing class locks at the beginning, the seeds of chaos was already sown, if they had said put FM as a Yun only class from the beginning, very few people would of probably thought anything of it.  I think a standpoint you are more trying to stand on would be that you don't believe that any class should be tied behind any one race.  That I think could also be a value view point, but to only "vocally" say you do not want one race to have it due to a feature of the race (female only) would be the same argument as if you made it against another race.  

My personal preference would of been not to have a class lock from the beginning, and each class be tied to 2 races.  This would of allowed to still build characteristics of the races, while not limiting game play choices so drastically.   Unless they decide tho to get rid of the class lock, then I would be for supporting Yun's getting their own class, as those who favor Yuns probably feel slighted as their preference has nothing "special" to bring to the class choices like other races have.

Also to pick apart different aspects of a race and try to correlate it with aspects of another race imo doesn't work, if a player doesn't like an aspect of a race and wont play it due to it, then that is that.  On the inverse their are players who will only play specific races, and are also cut out from playing classes due to their comfort/preference levels.  This is the risk of running class lock systems, and developers, imo, need to make this decision and either way go all the way with the choice they decide to do.

As I explained in my previous comment, being female-only is not equal to Lyns being animal-like, and is not equal to Gons being muscular. Yuns are elf-like. That's equal to those two. I repeat, 2 comfort-zones. 

Giving every class 2 races would work, but the Lyn ones would likely look ridiculous on any other race, so that's unlikely.

In the end, it's also very unlikely Yun will ever get a unique class. It's the 3rd most popular race, only beating Gon by a small margin (source is a poll on Reddit.). Making a new class takes months of concepts, illustrations, balancing, etc. All of that would be a huge waste of money, if it were then only released to the 3rd popular race.

17 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

As I explained in my previous comment, being female-only is not equal to Lyns being animal-like, and is not equal to Gons being muscular. Yuns are elf-like. That's equal to those two. I repeat, 2 comfort-zones. 

Giving every class 2 races would work, but the Lyn ones would likely look ridiculous on any other race, so that's unlikely.

In the end, it's also very unlikely Yun will ever get a unique class. It's the 3rd most popular race, only beating Gon by a small margin (source is a poll on Reddit.). Making a new class takes months of concepts, illustrations, balancing, etc. All of that would be a huge waste of money, if it were then only released to the 3rd popular race.

If one aspect of the race could stop players from choosing it why would it matter what the other aspects would be?  If we wanted to break down races and all their aspects their can also be an argument made about Lyn's height and many other aspects of characters.  The difference between elf and human is a lot less drastic then saying human and and animal-like races, so making the comment that Lyn's characteristics to some could be as displeasing to them as you are displeased as making a female character should be equal to each other I would think.

And yea I doubt they will give other races Lyn classes, thus why I support Yun's getting a class.

Like I said in my previous post, if they got rid of all the race locked classes this discussion wouldn't even be here. Due that being HIGHLY unlikely because of what you said Onbekend, they are likely NOT going to put Sum or BD on another class or a Des on another class BECAUSE it's a UNIQUE class MEANT for that race. Assassin I can see being put to another race, but the other 3 Sum, BD, or Des I can't see it happening. Des technically is all strength which fits the Gon race. The BD dances around a battlefield due to their small nature, while the Sum has a "cute" cat that fits the Lyn race. And the assassin honestly I could it being a multi race class but is restricted to Jin. Where does that leave the Yun? Honestly that poll you found on Reddit in of itself is pointless BECAUSE of the Unique classes. Try to do a poll WITHOUT unique classes and see where you end up with. From what I've seen, there are A LOT of Sum, Des, and Sins around enough to change the number quite a bit. I mean considering I play a Gon KFM,a Yun KFM, and a Yun Maestro, and a Lyn Warlock. The only race that I didn't play was the Jin. ALSO going by the SHEER number of classes the Jin gets the most out of it along with a unique class of Assassin (Assassin, Blade Master, Kung Fu Master, Gunslinger, Warlock, Soul Fighter, Warden), the the Lyn has 5 classes but has 2 Unique classes (Blade Dancer, Warlock, Summoner, Force Master, Gunslinger), the Gon has 5 including the Des (Destroyer, Warden, Kung Fu Master, Soul Fighter, Force Master), and the Yun has 5 classes WITHOUT any unique class 2 of which can be played by 3 different races including the Yun (Force Master, Gunslinger) (Blade Master, Force Master, Kung Fu Master, Soul Fighter, Gunslinger.)

I'm pretty sure if yun had a class only for themselves from the start no one would actually care that it's a female only race especially if it fit their lore. There are classes I don't play like destroyer for example simply because I don't like gon female and don't like playing as a male so to me someone refusing to play a class because it happens to be for a race that only has a female is no different from my situation. In my opinion if locking a class to yun is a problem then so should locking classes to only one race which is the same thing.

This thing again.

I fully agree with Onbekend. I have female Lyn, Jin and Gon, but I never choose Yun. Their basic body shape is not very attractive for me. And I'm sure I'm not only one because this race is not very popular in any region. So chances for Yun exclusive class are very very slim as themselves.

Sure there will be people that doesn't like Yun as a whole but you can say that about any race really, also that once again comes to race locked classes. How many of those class are race only classes vs non race only classes? Like I said before the only race I've never played is the Jin, why? because I don't like how they look compared to the others, simple as that. But that doesn't mean that a single race should not get a unique class, if none of the classes got a unique class as stated multiple times before this wouldn't even be here. Honestly my 2 favorite race are the Gons and Yuns. I couldn't care less about Lyn but it was that or Jin for Warlock, so I picked Lyn. Of course there will be people that doesn't like a particular race. Now the question is are they playing the race because they like the RACE or are they playing that race because they like the CLASS? Just like how there are people that hates certain races, there will be people who likes the classes enough to play a race they didn't care about.

Also if other people brought up this question before I'd like to get a link to it so I can read it, since it seems like you've seen it around A LOT Shironeko

How would the game benefit from the Yun only class?

Also making the Yun only class would not make the game more "fair". It would just be a statisfaction for Yun fans.

I think they should remove the race-based limitations for classes as much as possible. The limitations based on lore stopped making sense the moment lyn's got warlocks. The look argument doesn't make much sense. Why shouldn't be lyn's able to use 2h swords or axes? Of course they would match the weapon size to their body constitution. And there is also no reason why there shouldn't be Gon or Yun Blade Dancer or Warlock. The only class that might end up little bit ridiculous would be Summoner. But if there are Gon fans who would like to play the Gon summoner why not let them?
The real problem is, that making the class available for another race costs resources. And if the race is not popular enough than the ncsoft probably wouldn't want to spend those resources.

Archived